THE DEATH OF THE TAXMAN

HogoBojo

DGaetTboIwlAKmS6uJGWbESiTr846N_2ZVAW4iKGRZ2w67CILhJpFPg1Nc1aZfHlVg4hkX15cv_AKJj6OeRNWUT8wpfT_vV-QOc5duHWwVMt0YdqdU35BkV-sjvE-iJAURiU4dhI

Sir Edvard Amador HKML

Fmr. Royal Treasurer of Hanseti-Ruska

THE DEATH OF THE TAXMAN

The radiant sun would rise, marking a new day in the bustling city of Karosgrad. Edvard Amador got up and approached the window in his house overlooking the Haeseni city. “Hmmmm,” the man muttered as he looked to the sky as the sun peeked out from behind the palace. “Did I do a good job looking after the family, father?” he’d call out, “Did I meet your expectations? Are vy proud of me?” The man would continue, starting to shout out in frustration. “I tried my very hardest to ensure my family would be supported.” the man confesses, letting out a single tear.

“But in the end, what did it amount to. All the minas I amassed in Arcas are now gone, destroyed in a meteorshower that caused the city of New Reza to fall. The minas I’ve acquired do niet even amount close to what I had.” The man, now grayed, would pace out onto his balcony. “Were my decisions the right ones?” he says, now with tears coursing down his cheeks. “I spent most of my time accumulating wealth to ensure my family would have a comfortable life, but I never got to see them. Many events passed me by. The birth of Sosina, my niece, the death of my eldest brother Ruslan.” as he continued his rambling, he would walk further and further towards the ledge.

“In the end all I desired was to  retire  and to be with my family. Yet fate can be cruel. Most of the precious minas I’ve worked to achieve are gone,” he’d yell angrily as he rubbed his hand against his head, tugging some hair in frustration. “What was the point of this life of mine? I did my best for my Kingdom and my family, yet I can’t have peace. I must have more, and more, and more minas. I can never stop, and when I am about to, it all comes crashing down. All that I have worked for has vanished,” Edvard would knock the flower pot on his balcony down in one swift blow filled with anger, causing it to crash against the streets below..

“After all this work, I just wished to be with my family. I’ve grown so old, so tired. I just wish to rest,” the man says as he struggles to climb over the balcony, taking a seat, with his feet dangling over the city. “I think it is time I take my well deserved rest... See you soon father, and my dear brother, Ruslan.” With the death of his two beloved brothers, father, other family members, and loss of the majority of his minas, Edvard took one last stand on top of the balcony ledge, looking up at the sky. “Krusae Zwy Kongzem!” the man would shout at the top of his lungs, for all to hear before jumping off of the balcony. The man plunged down for a short while before meeting his end with tears and a smile on his face.

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

Sir Edvard Amador HKML

1732 | 285 ES    -   1807 | 356 ES

tdMzLV3PE42oGcmPDdPqnxcCGdECJGpGZNQpijVCT2vcMyMQzQB2GIWAyRwcgqqKv0DDE6Wjvdezq2WwbOmJxBJR1N6tt0p4pCFYExgBIkYitbxoy6DRlcnOSSIpFHG7njmBdJjD

“From Ashes we Rise”

Spoiler

OOC Note:
I’ve been playing Edvard Amador for a bit more than a year now, and playing this character has been a fantastic time. Throughout my time playing him, he kept getting shaped by all different types of roleplay experiences, as well as his thirst for minas. Truly this character was a great decision on my part to accept, and I’m grateful to all of those who have interacted with him. Over time, I’ve grown quite attached to playing Edvard, and have had it as my main persona since I’ve gotten it. However, I do believe that it is time for me to move forward, and focus on my new character, as well as give someone else the opportunity of Treasurer that I was blessed with.

Special Thanks To:
- @Sander for giving me this wonderful character, and for all the fun times we’ve had reviving House Amador. You’ve always been a good friend, and for that you have my thanks.

- @Juli for her exceptional work assisting me format, edit, reword, and overall help me with this post. This is my first time writing a PK post, and you really helped me make it an epic one. Thank you for also believing in me, even when I didn’t. If you didn’t push me to go for Treasurer on Edvard, then I may have had this wonderful opportunity slip me by.

- @moosehunter123 for teaching me a variety of things about mineman economy, as well as always believing in me, my abilities, and vouching for me constantly to others. I don’t believe that this character would’ve gone the direction it went without you.

- @Mio_ for always working hard, and putting up with me and my character. I’m very happy with how you turned out as Lord Seneschal, and you should be proud of yourself, and your accomplishments. I’ll be joining you in retirement now.
- @Pureimp10 for taking a leap of faith by offering me High Steward, even though I was quite new to Haense at the time.

- @Nilyeet for creating the wonderful portrait of Edvard Amador as seen on the top of the post.

- @Zaerie for creating the iconic “Tax Man” poem. I’m sure this poem will become classic literature in Haense.
- All Haense citizens who paid their taxes ontime for making my life easier.

- The Entire Haense Community, and LoTC playerbase.

Mio Mackensen reclined back into his rickety chair, a fine carrion black in hand as he read over a missive he received giving notice of his old friend Edvard passing away "Old man taught me everything ich know, couldn't have been half the Seneschal ich was without his guidance and wisdom. Regret nicht talking to him more could have prevented such fate." He eyed the carrion in hand, taking a long sigh "He took a shot in the dark for me and I'll drink to that." The man then raised his large cup, filled to the brim and as he promised, drank to that "See you again old pal"

Ingrid Marie Barclay would mourn the loss of the beloved old man. They had worked so closely for years and it was a comfort to have him there with her.  

"Farewell Edvard, it had been a pleasure having vy in the family" she stated, tears falling down her cheek as she sat in her office. 

Lucien Arkin would pluck a New Reza Tax slip from his limited belongings he brought from Arcas and roll a nicely packed blunt in his honor, "Only the finest men know the best paper for any occasion".