8 Yearssssssss (AMA)

Rayna Star

Today (yes, you heard me right: this very day) marks EIGHT YEARS since I was officially whitelisted on LotC. (wow, I'm old) So I decided to celebrate by having my FeLLoW kIdS pester me with questions.

Have at it, ask me anything.

why are you still here after 8 torturous years

Spoiler

i got a year on you, zoomer

Edited by Shorsand

whats your best and worst memory after eight years?

Whose your favourite character over that and why?

Who is someone who you looked up to over the period?

YEAH I GOT A QUESTION

2xabg1.png

YAY! I love it when people unsuspectingly open up a can of worms! 😈

Alright but srsly tho, I'm not gonna do that to you tonight of all nights. But! Having known you for an extremely long time, I'm definitely gonna make the most of this opportunity to provoke some inner reflection. So without further ado, here it goes:

1.) You've run around with a lot of communities on LotC for the past 8 years. Some of these include the Blood Eagles, Malinor, Al Faiz, Chambery, Oren, Haense, Stafyr, Ruthern, Vanir, and the NGS to name a few. What would you say have been your top three favorites to have participated in up to this point? Furthermore, can you share with the wider server some of your favorite moments within each?

2.) Aside from some of your more recently played characters such as Chirr, Isabel, and Keldra, what are some of your lesser known personas that you have enjoyed playing on LotC the most?

3.) The server has changed a lot since the days of Asulon and Anthos. As the years go by, fewer and fewer of us have ended up sticking around with the Lord of the Craft community actively. A few of us might remember what the server used to be like back in the day, but could you share with us your thoughts on how you think the server's developed since you first joined? Has it changed for the better or for the worse, and in what ways?

4.) Moving forward, what sort of things would you like to do on LotC? Obviously you've got a lot going on with Keldra and Chirr at the moment, but I know that you've told me before that you hope to play a wide array of varied personas moving forward. What sort of characters do you hope to play in the future that you haven't already?

5.)This one isn't LotC related, but since you said that we could ask you ANYTHING... Of all the universes that we ran through on the scenario server and its successor platforms with people like Joao, Cody, Toby etc, which would you say was your favorite or the most memorable during that time and why?

Aaaaaand that's all for me. I'll leave a few for the others to pester you with. ❤️

2 hours ago, Shorsand said:

why are you still here after 8 torturous years

Reveal hidden contents

i got a year on you, zoomer

Addiction is a scary thing... Seriously though, because this is where I've found the best roleplay over the years. This is a place where I can get deep into the mind of my character and fully live out their story in a way other roleplaying avenues just can't compare to. It has its ups and downs, but I think my experience has been positive overall. Also, I've made a lot of great friends here along the way.

(Ew, look, a boomer.)

1 hour ago, GMRO said:

whats your best and worst memory after eight years?

Whose your favourite character over that and why?

Who is someone who you looked up to over the period?

Best memory is a hard one because I've had loads of awesome moments, but they're all great for vastly different reasons. If I had to pick one, though, I'd say being in voice chat with one of my old guilds (back in the TeamSpeak/Skype era) and just running around Anthos together. For a kid with few friends at the time, that was one of the happiest moments of that time of my life. Looking back on those times always make me feel nostalgic for the early days of my involvement with roleplay and online gaming in general. Worst memory is an easy one, lol. It was one of my first days on the server. I was finishing up some rp and I had to log off, so I asked the person I was with if we could "ftb." My stupid brain thought that ftb just meant that we'd end the scene, like in the movies, and agree to stop the rp there for the night. I will never get over how mortified I felt when I learned what that actually meant... haha.

My favorite character (if you were meaning one of my own) is definitely my dark elf, Chirr. She's also my longest running character (I believe she's only four-ish months shy of being eight irl years old herself). Having played her for so long, she's really built up a lot of depth (especially after I made some much-needed changes to her backstory). I find her gruff/sarcastic personality really easy to slip into, despite it being so different from my real personality. I've always loved an antihero, and I guess that's how I see her. Also, I find it easy to rp with literally anyone when I'm on her, which is not an easy feat for someone as shy as me, so there's that.

Someone I looked up to would be Darez14. When I was freshly whitelisted, I wandered around the map shouting to ask if anyone had work they would hire me to do (cringe, I know, haha). Darez was the first one to really help me out and roleplay with me. He taught me the basics of how to navigate the server. Our characters eventually ended up getting married in the end, too. Honestly, I find it inspiring how open he was to rping with a noob like me, and I try to help other new players where I can because I know how great it feels when you're on the other end.

1 hour ago, Urara said:

YEAH I GOT A QUESTION

2xabg1.png

Teehee <3

(No rly, that made my day. You're the best!)