Magic?

KORLOVSKY

Can someone please make me happy or crush my dreams by telling me if magic is in this server? 

Magic exists, yes but by no means is simple or easy to get.

Add me on discord for some more help!
Zacho#5276

Magic is a part of the server and the lore, but not in as a mechanical / gameplay feature. You're not going to see fireballs whizzing about the screen, it's all done through RP emoting. 

How it works:

Your character can learn a variety of different magics. Here's a link to the magic lore junction. Voidal is probably where you'll find familiar types of magic and so is a good place to begin, but do browse through because there's a lot of really good stuff in every category.

Magic can be really difficult to learn/obtain, especially at the start when your character hasn't met anybody. It took me more than a real life year of constant searching to find my first teacher, this was for the most common evocation. 

Once you find a teacher, you apply on the forums for the staff to accept it. This confirms that the character can begin to learn the magic.

It's not a case of just reading about it OOC, learning how it works, then doing it on your character. Even if you, the user, knows how it all works, your character must learn it through in-character roleplay, and through the application system. 

Here's a link to the most recently accepted apps - an [MA] is a magic app, if you're curious as to what these look like.

Other:

Some magics have downsides that need to be role played, but this is always detailed in the magic lore posts on the forums. For instance voidal magic, perhaps the most readily available type of magic, comes with voidal poisoning that makes a character physically weak as they progress their magic ability.

Some magics may be seen as controversial (in RP). 

It can be overwhelming at the start, but you don't need to learn everything about every magic. 

Ultimately, don't expect finding a teacher to be a fast or easy process, but you'll get there with persistence, if it's what you really want to do.

Feel free to pm me with any Qs!

It really depends on what you're looking for. Historically, the server has a bad history of having multiple magics contained within "cliques", meaning that those sole groups have access to the magic. Why? The server also has a history of certain individuals obtaining magics while being relatively weak or bad roleplayers, and not respecting the culture or expectation of the magic in question, and threaten the magic community by spreading said magic to other like-minded individuals all the while making a bad job of teaching them. 

This said, recently, many magical communities of the server have been looking for newer players. This won't necessarily mean you'll be immediately given magic, but rather expected to work for it in roleplay. I myself am looking to integrate players into my associated groups. 

its a thing, yeah but its not easy to get.