Leumont - A Call To Religious Reform

KingoArcher

Leumont - A Call To Religious Reform

The Jarldom of Leumont has been, for as long as most of us can remember, a Cannonist state.  For years we have been a safe haven for those in Norland who wish to follow our religion.  In these times, it does not seem fir to follow a god with such roots as we currently do; one with roots tracing back to the Holy Orenian Empire.  I am here to call for change, for our people to follow a better path, one following the red faith.  I am here to call for religious reform in Leumont.

I bid that we become the new protectors of the flame; that we tear off the cross that we wear so proudly on our chest, and replace it with a marking of the flame itself.  We must swear our lives to the all father himself, and praise his being in its full.

- Corporal Carson Berthmeud

Edited by KingoArcher
saving image

The High Keeper read over the brief missive, having found it on her desk. She wandered over to her southward-facing office window and peered down at Leumont below, canting her head to the side with a simple thought running through her head;

Spoiler

300px-Cat_Standing_in_the_Snow.jpg.8bbac1beee35a50bc59ca164ad74ba43.jpg

"No. There is no need for Reform if the Church causes barely any harm to your Red Faith, simply deal with it." Cardinal Pelagius-Albarosa would say, Prince-Archbishop of the Archdiocese administrating over the Bishopric of Leumont.

Methas would read over this a little annoyed "holy war when?"

download.png

From a cave in the far reaches of the north, an aged Keeper of most graven persuasion would regard the missive with some degree of annoyance marring her features, a cold countenance sporting most unkindly frown. Delivered by way of spectral crow, a reply would find its way delivered unto the author of such an inflammatory document. 

"Greetings, ye of the Kindled. 

I would not expect you to understand quite why Darrowmere, now the County of Leumont, remains aligned with the likeness of the Crossed God after so much time at the side of the likes of Alisa Camian and Halvar Edvardsson. Despite their... problematic past, of which I possess most unfond memories of, they stand as one of the only recipients of Canonist refugees within the Kingdom. Their history, even still, is entrenched in Canonist values that they would find themselves remiss to relinquish, even for the undying flame of the Father... and such, perhaps, might be for the best. 

I find that the presence of what once was Lorraine tempers the Faith, in some ways. It forces the Clergy to take stock of religion within the realm; all religions, not just our own. Indeed, for you may forget we host that of the Gorundyr people, who follow their own doctrines and gods, and even those of Lunnish birth worship their fallen ancestors, rather than the Father above all. Indeed, it is the task of the Clergy to attempt to steer all to the Father's path, but we must also never attempt to force individuals to follow the Father; such would, after all, violate our creeds. Verily, I respect your call to attempt to rally the citizens of Leumont to the First Flame, and I find such commendable. But likewise, I caution you against attempting to conjure forth the winds of change, when the people of Leumont have clung to their traditions for decades, if not centuries. You've not provided much in the way of genuine reason for them to give up that which they have treasured so dearly, for a path they have ne'er even known... And I find it necessary to, likewise, caution against preaching that which you do not truly understand. 

May the Father guide your path,

A Keeper of His Flame."

Caedric reads the letter, he'd pen a response and post it publicly to help explain the situation.

"To the people of our Kingdom,

After my own study of the Canonist scrolls and other documents published by the men which lead them I can assure you that the worship of one's ancestors or the religion of the Gorundyr are not comparable to the simple untruth of the Imperial Cross God. You see the Church of Canon for its entire history, and for the foreseeable, future shall perpetuate the repugnant ideals of a subjugated humanity under a unilateral Empire, be it in Providence or with the Church itself; as such we can very simply dub the Church less a religious institution and more so a subversive political entity with its main goal being furthering Imperial agendas. The misplaced faith my friends from Darrowmere had was not in the Church but simply in the Cross God, as they were labeled heretics by the Canonist Church for their notable involvement in the Rubern War. So with the introduction of the subversive Church element (the Diocese of Luemont) it has now become an issue those Red Luemonians, such as Carson Berthmeud, wish to call their kinsmen to shun that vile organization and bring forth a new and illuminated era for their Jarldom.

Allfather guide us,

A_wUBfRQnwmyxN7Z0AiDqQGyaIbTU-JnhwfmjE05zeTBr2GYA6g3cvO4ENz2nZ2VzluCL6q8fiwkl4tDGUogu1AbN6yt4d_CpVjyGp_MmAaIc1T8UsQSBJ5OFMs-fQJu54BKmr6r

Caedric Edvardsson"

Caedric then goes back to tending to his blade and armor.

Lorrick read the notice and shrugged. "Replacing one symbol with another."  he mumbled to himself. "If you want to make real change, reform the Leumont guard so it stops being staffed with buffoons and half-wits." 

He strolled off on his mule into the glorious sunset, on his way to the marketplace to make tons of money.

"I'm glad that this good young man is taking on the faith with stride, as have the previous several leaders of Lorraine." Vykk states proudly "I await the day when all good people cast off the primitive 'religion' of the cross god and finally see the light of the true god, the All-Father."

Hernando Altamirano would cough choking on his tea looking at the missive, filled with anger he proclaims, "These poor children of GOD have been ripped from the path of GOD, forced into a religion not of their own because of some oppressive nation of apostates. If you can call Norland a nation at all. This is one of the most severe crimes against GOD that Norland has perpetrated. I am at a loss of words of how saddened I am to see this. I pray that GOD show Norland the light, and that Leumont returns once again to the one true path."