[✗] [Creature Lore] Calentâl

MissToni

Healpig go brrrrrr

Seems like there's a lot to keep track of in the red lines, especially with the pregnancy / cooldown on it, pedal harvesting cooldown, how the pedals need to be ST signed, and how they can go bad. Especially when birthed ones come into the equation, the amount of work needed & dates to keep track of by ST and players only multiplies. 120 year life span personally seems like a lot considering them can give birth at least 3-4 times during that. Also should note that you only say ST approval is needed for catching them, but not for them being birthed. Perhaps if nothing was ST signed it would be more reasonable to keep track of but then there's the problem of people spamming the pedals. 

Love the lore huge +1, but I think a more exact explanation of the ability and limitations of the plant which grows on their back would be useful.

8 hours ago, BobBox said:

Seems like there's a lot to keep track of in the red lines, especially with the pregnancy / cooldown on it, pedal harvesting cooldown, how the pedals need to be ST signed, and how they can go bad. Especially when birthed ones come into the equation, the amount of work needed & dates to keep track of by ST and players only multiplies. 120 year life span personally seems like a lot considering them can give birth at least 3-4 times during that. Also should note that you only say ST approval is needed for catching them, but not for them being birthed. Perhaps if nothing was ST signed it would be more reasonable to keep track of but then there's the problem of people spamming the pedals. 

I could scrap the part about the petals going bad...? Idk, first time ever doing lore stuff. And they become infertile at 60. The others I honestly don't know. Maybe to keep it to ST needing to watch over birth, but then it's also the fact that it becomes more work for ST. So I thought that by removing ST needed for that and only the petals and finding the creature it would be okay. Idk.

6 hours ago, DesiredBreakfast said:

Love the lore huge +1, but I think a more exact explanation of the ability and limitations of the plant which grows on their back would be useful.

I wrote that it's a mix of the same limitations and abilities of mandragora and tippen's root. Like mandragora only boosts regenation and doubles it. But too much and you'll end up with ulcers growing etc. And for tippen's root it clots the blood and starts to scab over the injury. Though it's also painful when that happens as it's so quick. Though it can't be used as a replacement for the herbs in alchemy. But yeah, maybe that should be included and more obvious in the lore. 

The level of ST interaction seems a bit too much, given that it's a mundane player-tamable creature - I'd suggest at least removing the fact that you'll need an ST-Event or overseen interaction to tame one, and make it so that it's readily available through Player-Ran events.

Perhaps, It'd be best to rework the ST Herb and find a different use for it, one that can't be abused by the players - as I can already see it being PG'd by people, given that people have tried to heal a beheading with Tippen's Root before. A more aesthetic-herb would be more interesting and cute, what about glowing flowers to keep in mind with the colourful-poisonous theme to escape or ward off predators?

I love the work that you've put in however, makes me amazed that this is your first creature lore with how thought-out and interesting it is. However, my suggestions remain as that; notices or recommendations that you can choose to follow or not.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.