[PK] A Soul Taken Too Soon

ncarr

The Death

of

Vespira Angelica Ruthern neé d’Emyth

7IV5jEIcPDdarnRucKFJykbJ2zCzSBUuFcoLG3FdrFc9Vv2MPmoRc4giOzeZsvmVDdm3iwm40SMrKVhHE4U1a0XyBZEWyuUPdjoWjApn-xc2s-2b0f6PSjYrJVYTVU6edlLKvX77

Vespira d’Emyth, c. 1799

Dearest Anna, 

You have always been my closest and most beloved friend, I have cherished you as long as we have known each other. Among other things, moving away from Providence and in turn you is one of my biggest regrets. You were always kind to me when you didn’t have to be, the world, my father, and many of my enemies had cast me aside, but you always saw the best in me. In the event that I go missing while away in Karosgrad I would like for you to send the attached letters to their respective recipients. 

Elijah-

Spoiler

Elijah, 

You were among my closest friends, though you were much younger than me and we didn’t always get along, you were always there for me when I was in need. When Alexander left us you were there for me to lean on, you visited me in Karosgrad, you met my children, you really were my best friend.

Alexander-

Spoiler

Father,

Though I seemingly resented you for leaving, I’m more like you than I would like to admit. You were a horrible father, albeit you were a better friend than guardian. I trust you will mourn me as a father should even though we didn't have a great relationship. Please reach out to your sons, I know they long to talk with you. Bond over my absence and grow close with your children.

Charles-

Spoiler

Charles,

You believed in me. You and Anna got me through the lowest lows of my life. Treat her well, Charles, do not stray from what’s right. In death I believe myself to have grown wiser and I can now give you advice. Stay away from Aimee de Frand; she’s no good for you, love your wife and children; you’re lucky to have them and Anna’s love for you is greater than any other.

Franz-

Spoiler

[!] A tear soaked letter arrives to Franz, clasped with a red wax seal bearing a single dove.

Dearest Franz Leopold, 

The rumors were true, I loved you. Though you betrayed me in ways I can’t begin to think about now, my intimacy for you was greater than any other. My heart has often been too full to speak or take any notice I am sure you know I love you well enough to believe that I mind your sufferings nearly as much as I should my own & I find the only relief to my own mind is to take it as from God’s hand, & to try to believe that all suffering & illness is meant to help us to exalt our minds & to look forward with hope to a future state. When I see your patience, deep compassion for others self command & above all gratitude for the smallest thing done to help you I cannot help longing that these precious feelings should be offered to Heaven for the sake of your daily happiness. But I find it difficult enough in my own case. It is feeling & not reasoning that drives one to prayer. I feel presumptuous in writing this to you.

Although I never said it, even in our latter moments together, I feel quite strongly about you. I would have run away in a second to be with you without a second thought. My feelings for you were unmatched by any other feelings in my life. My love for you will live forever, I, however, did not. I’m waiting for you in the seven skies, live well Franz.

Alric-

Spoiler

Alric,

You’re a vile human being. The only reason I had an ounce of love for you was because you helped me bring my beautiful children into the world. Without them you are nothing to me.

The Courier would have trouble tracking Elijah at first, finally running into him as he was running up one of the many roads, the Courier out of breath from their travels... Looking over the letter, he furrows his brows...

Elijah was devastated. For the first time in many years, Elijah would be unable to hold back his tears. He barely manages to step off the road before falling to the ground, curling up in tears... He thinks back onto his times with Vespira, all their moments shared together, chatting over tea, sharing their thoughts with one another.. She was the closest to a parent that Elijah ever had really. With the death of their mother at such a young age and his father abandoning them not long after, Elijah was left with Vespira and Wallace.. With Wallace at boarding school, Elijah's friends all left.. and Vespira now gone.. Elijah.. Elijah was left with no one.. He could not name one person in this word who still cares.. His childhood friends all moved on to their adult lives while Elijah had remained stuck in the past. 

The young man would leave a trail of tears on his long trek home to Providence. Upon returning to his bedroom within the Augustine and packing his bags, deciding that he.. He was finished. He didn’t enjoy his life anymore, and was tired of being left behind.

Elijah packs what few things he can carry on his person, and heads off back onto the roads, prepared to not see Providence for some time.. The days pass and Elijah's tears begin to dry. There was only one thing that could have hurt Elijah anymore and it has happened. He was no longer the person he once was...

Elijah was empty... A husk of a something that once was.

Anna Henrietta clasped the letters within her palm, tears streaming down her face as she walked across Providence to place the letters her friend had bestowed upon her in the hands of a young courier. 

Send these off. Hastily.” she’d murmur gently to the boy, handing him a few coins for swift service. 

After such, she retired to her bedroom and wept quietly. The Baroness filled with grief from all the losses she had been through. 

Within the safety of her nice estate in Aeldin, a middle aged woman sip her tea with a bitter facial expression painted on her face near the warm and roaring fire. "Madam-" A small voice creaked from behind the d'Emyth, the woman snapped back, barking as if she was a wild hound. "Yes! What must you need from me? Maid." Leana d'Emyth said as they they kept themselves under layer and layer of wool blankets, speaking with a bitter and annoyed tone, which matched her facial expression. "Well . . . news in . . . Alamaris have said-" The maid would be interrupted by the middle aged aristocrat screamed loudly while standing up and going towards the maid with her bitter and annoyed tone once more "Speak up dear! SPEAK!" 

"The wife of Alric Ruthern, Vespira, your niece has passed!" As the maid finished, the woman's eyes would open up as tears came out, sitting herself down upon the nicely made seat. "Leave.... LEAVE!" the woman shouted to her frail maid with anger and sadness at once. The maid ran into the halls once more to do her other household duties. "OH GOD! WHY MUST SHE GO SO SOON! I loved her . . . she was such a beautiful girl and such a keen eye of intelligence!" As the d'Emyth spoke, out of the blue . . . all  the sudden! The woman started to trash her living area, crashing pots, throwing down grandfather clocks and ripping down portraits. Once she had finished this, the woman would curl up into a ball, simply letting out many tears from her pale eyes. The servant from the outside would simply sign the lorraine cross, as the last d'Emyth daughter of Henry d'Emyth had finally . . . gone mad . . .

Father Dima welcomed the kind woman he met on several occasions to the Seven Skies. He offered a nice room within the large manor his wife and brother-priest made and offered to help expand the manor should she want to reserve some rooms for her family.

Emerentia Kovachev remained quiet upon hearing of the sudden death, lone forefinger cradled by her lips as she spoke naught, eyes pivoted onto a nearby desk. A soft croak escaped the now grown woman's lips as the one who she held the first concept of love for now lay dead, never given closure for the happenings within their lifetime. The miserable and depressed husk of a playwright remain still as she spoke not, azure gaze becoming overwhelmed by an onslaught of silent tears.

As Vespira happened to enter the realm of the Seven Skies, one Araminta elouise d'Emyth , still in her early youth opened her arms wide for her returning sister. With a jovial smile, the girl would soon jump out from the embrace, moving to tug her sister along. "come, Vespira !! There's so many games- and others- and Grandfather!" she'd exclaim in some sort of childish wonder.

Somewhere near the grounds of the Ruthern keep, one of the very children of the missing woman played. Heinrika sat amongst the familiar wintery sheen sniffling whilst drawing in the snow with a gloved hand. Whether these snifflings were from the cold or her missing mamej were unclear; however, the woman's warm eyes were present in her mind nevertheless. "Yam sure mamej will come back soon-" She'd assure her companion: Matilda the hen. "Mari misses mamej very much! So does papej, so she'll come back to us. She has to!"