THE PROMISE OF A PALATINE

Zaerie

2aifZKfieSP9Gxii31LAwHkMgBWiVVsmBr6YAf79_b5T1d9v8vCeCjaSva5fkFjER0mGcrLVrkrGjSJA_pjVH7HYVLUG1KN6aZwjRwlFkyOOEG_95c-cCKCFcAhHUjifBG9d13AI

A painting of a younger Marcella in Reinmar

THE PROMISE OF A PALATINE

361 ES

ON THIS DAY, I begin my tenure in the position of Palatine from a long dynasty of the great leadership of Konstantin Wick, the longest palatine in the kingdom’s history. Since the passing of Koeng Sigismund II, Konstantin has been at the head of our government; beginning as Lord Regent for Koeng Josef, where he dealt skillfully with the great divide that was struck through the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska. He has had a great hand in education within the Kingdom, and recognizing great deeds done by the Haeseni. On top of all, Konstantin has been a stable and enduring palatine for 32 years. He will be remembered for his work for decades to come.

When I first began work under Konstantin, he asked me what I wanted to do; why did I want to work under him, in the office of the palatine? I gave an unreasonably vague answer, but it was a truthful one even to this day. That answer was never changed, I want to make a positive difference in the lives of as many Haeseni as I can, and I think that this is the best place for me to do just that. I can only hope that I will do half as well as my predecessor, so today I make a promise to you, the Haeseni. I will do my best to fulfill what I told Konstantin over the years, I will try to do my absolute best to bring positive change to the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, to all of you.

I would like to share a few of the first things I wish to get done as Lady Palatine, and I am open to hearing any other ideas and suggestions; this is not a complete list, nor is it the limit of my ambition. I aim to expand the documented culture of Hanseti-Ruska, including the subcultures such as those of Valwyck and Reinmar; to document the new Eastern land of Hanseti-Ruska, and make the knowledge readily available of the terrain and regions of Haense, and to expand communication and access between the people of Haense, and its government.

It is with great hope for the future that I take up the position of Lady Palatine.

SIGNED,

Her Excellency, Marcella Karolina Barclay, Lady Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska

Isabella Barclay perused the missive with a large smile upon her lips. "I could niet be prouder of you," she remarked to her daughter, extending out her arms to her for an embrace.

From his bedridden state, Alfred smirks upon the news about the new Lady Palatine, his very cousin Marcella, "God blessed this family, to be prosperous.. I can't be more happy..", the older man says with a light cough, offering a grin before turning to the side to sleep again.

Ser Brandt Barclay gives his hard-working niece a big thumbs up "That's a gutt lass!"

Erich "Alija" Barclay jumps on his place as he claps his hands a few times, hearing that his aunt did something important, though he'd haven o clue what exactly "Das ist meine Tante, meine Tante!" he cheered

"A woman as Palatine...? Now, that is quite the development." Comments the progressive priest, Father Ferdinand, Bishop of Ponce, as the missive reaches him from his residence in the Estate of Sedan.