1.9 or 1.8 PvP ? (a Conversation/Debate Thread on the Current PvP System)

aiden0023

1.8 or 1.9 PvP?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you consider to be the better PvP system?

The title and poll says in all. I've always used 1.8 PvP in Minecraft and just started to get into 1.9 PvP when I came back to LotC a couple of weeks ago. Personally, I enjoy the 1.9 system better for 1v1s, but in skirms, warclaims, warzones, or any other fights that contain more than four people, 1.8 is definitely the better system. The issue with 1.9 in group fights is that they feel prolonged and grindy, going in for a couple of crit hits on someone, then falling back/kiting for a minute or so to regain health from how overpowered saturation is in 1.9 (this causes for group fights to take much longer since it takes less skill now to successfully kite people). With 1.8, there was less health and saturation was not overpowered for regen, which very much shortens the fights and is overall a much more enjoyable experience (plus, kiting in 1.8 takes much more skill and practice than kiting in 1.9). Not to even mention are worthless projectiles are in 1.9, although that's mainly due to the nature of vortex (i.e. every player has 40 health).

So, overall, in my opinion, 1.8 is a much better pvp system overall. I know my claim is very lackluster, but I am sure that many of you would understand my reasonings for why I believe 1.8 is the better system.

Projectiles could use buffs, as said nickrocky will hopefully buff those. All I have to say is mad cause bad. Get good kid.

Edited by Masouri

Agreed. Also 1.8 is easier for non-pvpers. It really isn't that hard to just click fast and hope your aim is good enough to get some hits in. In 1.9 on the other hand, aim is much more important to master, and you have to time your hits. Finally, with 1.8, it's easier to practice, as you can always just hop on Hypixel and play bedwars. That being said, I'm personally enjoying the 1.9 combat, though I think I'll always prefer 1.8, especially for group fights.

The fact that 1.8 takes more skill is completely true, but I must state the difference in skill between new, and old players is insane. Using someone like 6x as an example he legit got 20+ kills in war, which is insanely unfair.

Overall 1.8 is a lot better, but the skill levels for newbies, and veterans is too extreme.

4 minutes ago, Masouri said:

All I have to say is mad cause bad. Get good kid.

:( 

5 minutes ago, Lionbileti said:

The monkey would rock violently back and forth, as it seems to be experiencing nightmares.

The monkey cannot handle swing timer pvp.

Monkey sad

The monkey needs to click fast

4 minutes ago, 1600x900 said:

The fact that 1.8 takes more skill is completely true, but I must state the difference in skill between new, and old players is insane. Using someone like 6x as an example he legit got 20+ kills in war, which is insanely unfair.

Overall 1.8 is a lot better, but the skill levels for newbies, and veterans is too extreme.

If you think 1.8 has a greater skill gap than 1.9, you're trippin bro...

1 minute ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

If you think 1.8 has a greater skill gap than 1.9, you're trippin bro...

Both versions take skill, its just the fact that group 1.9 fights take zero skill while 1.8 does.

Just now, aiden0023 said:

Both versions take skill, its just the fact that group 1.9 fights take zero skill while 1.8 does.

That is so cap...group fights 1.8, you literally just click. 1.9, you have to time them.

my opinion on this is, if you want new player to maybe keep playing this server maybe its a good idea to turn back to 1.8 pvp. By a perspective people from other servers are gonna ask what kind of pvp is it going to be and we are going to have to say 1.9 pvp. Every new player doesn't know how to 1.9 pvp if you think new players know how to pvp like that you need to check again.  1.8 pvp is most popular in the minecraft community right now, and most people know how to pvp 1.8 wise. That is my opinion if you want new player to be consistent with playing on this server 1.9 pvp is not the right way to go

15 minutes ago, 1600x900 said:

but the skill levels for newbies, and veterans is too extreme.

You could say the same for 1.9 PvP, the issue is not the skill gap, its the fact that 1.9 warclaims are gonna be inherently not fun unless there are some big changes to the system with Vortex.

2 minutes ago, Luminaire said:

rp server btw

Don't remember there being any skirmishes, warzones, or warclaims using CRP :(

nice rep bait aiden

6 minutes ago, MisterChenn said:

nice rep bait aiden

I only got 4 :( chenn just doesn’t wanna be bad at pvp again

2 minutes ago, aiden0023 said:

I only got 4 :( chenn just doesn’t wanna be bad at pvp again

Chuckles nervously

Just practice and stop spam clicking.