1.9 or 1.8 PvP ? (a Conversation/Debate Thread on the Current PvP System)

aiden0023

1.8 or 1.9 PvP?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you consider to be the better PvP system?

no pvp only crp wars

5 minutes ago, Enyahs V. said:

Just practice and stop spam clicking.

Don’t think he read the entire post, not the point of the post 🥱 I’m arguing for the fact that 1.9 is terrible in group fights because of how grindy and drawn out they feel

14 minutes ago, Enyahs V. said:

Just practice and stop spam clicking.

aiden is one of the better pvpers on the server at 1.9 ???

I just want bows to be good they were **** before and are still **** now, except now people have 40 hearts so bows are extra ****.

im just an old man so idk anything but there's a reason an overwhelming majority of the server voted in favor for 1.8 pvp back when there was a poll (yes i realize it wasnt supposed to be made)

1 minute ago, Nectorist said:

im just an old man so idk anything but there's a reason an overwhelming majority of the server voted in favor for 1.8 pvp back when there was a poll (yes i realize it wasnt supposed to be made)

washed up reiver

23 minutes ago, tasty_cheesecake said:

I just want bows to be good they were **** before and are still **** now, except now people have 40 hearts so bows are extra ****.

Exactly, now pvp has just come down to who can land more crit hits. I don't really care if things ever go back to 1.8 combat, but I for sure know that if 1.9 combat and Vortex stays as it is and there are not some major changes to it, people are gonna be pissed

12 minutes ago, Nectorist said:

Yeah, idk why they even switched to 1.9 in the first place

I prefer 1.8, but honestly I feel lotc wars will be dead for a long while anyway. Server performance (or lack of) can't handle it, war rules and raid rules aren't good enough for it, moderation team ain't on top of it.

always thought i'd hate 1.9

but these ore-[redacted] mfers still havent figured timed hitting after 3 months, so im inclined to say 1.9, ez soap

and if ur saying 1.9 fights last longer, its only because u havent figured out jump critting / actually doing damage

2 minutes ago, dyselxic said:

always thought i'd hate 1.9

but these ore-[redacted] mfers still havent figured timed hitting after 3 months, so im inclined to say 1.9, ez soap

and if ur saying 1.9 fights last longer, its only because u havent figured out jump critting / actually doing damage

I somewhat agree. I don't necessarily hate 1.9, its just I feel its much more boring in group fights. I'm not brain dead I know how to crit jump and I have the timing down, I just feel that maybe the 40 health is a bit overkill with how little damage projectiles do right now. I suppose fights won't last as long as long as projectiles do more damage in the future.

1 hour ago, aiden0023 said:

I only got 4 :( chenn just doesn’t wanna be bad at pvp again

facts...I CLAPPED @MisterChennon Hypixel duels the other day.

originally used to dislike 1.9, but I've grown to like it much more than 1.8! 

3 hours ago, AnonymousAlexa said:

Agreed. Also 1.8 is easier for non-pvpers. It really isn't that hard to just click fast and hope your aim is good enough to get some hits in. In 1.9 on the other hand, aim is much more important to master, and you have to time your hits. Finally, with 1.8, it's easier to practice, as you can always just hop on Hypixel and play bedwars. That being said, I'm personally enjoying the 1.9 combat, though I think I'll always prefer 1.8, especially for group fights.

I feel like 1.9 PvP would be a lot better if there were more servers to practice it on. Sadly, there aren't many of those, since pretty much all of the Minecraft PvP community and all major PvP minigames still use 1.8 combat. Thus, most people aren't very good at 1.9 PvP and get destroyed when the 1.9 PvPers fight them.

Also if you have bad FPS or a cruddy mouse in 1.9 PvP it sucks way worse than 1.8. In 1.8 you can make up for those by clicking faster, in 1.9 it's ALLLLL aim.