1.9 or 1.8 PvP ? (a Conversation/Debate Thread on the Current PvP System)

aiden0023

1.8 or 1.9 PvP?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you consider to be the better PvP system?

3 hours ago, latteTM said:

no pvp only crp wars

Idk what you're on about, in this house we decide who wins a war by playing a game of chess.

27 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I feel like 1.9 PvP would be a lot better if there were more servers to practice it on.

play.pvplegacy.net is the most popular

I would rather see PvP be removed!

this is a roleplay server! XD

I personally don't have a preference between swing timer pvp and autoclicker pvp, but I don't like any pvp where it takes like 50 hits to kill someone. I've never bothered to play on epic zoomer potpvp factions and I am simply not used to wearing down the ligaments in my right hand clicking someone over and over while they run away from me and heal.

That's the feel that Surge PvP gives me; ferrum armor is the equivalent of vanilla diamond but ferrum weapons don't do more damage than vanilla iron. You can kite people for miles and bows fire foam tipped arrows. I may just not have the full augmented minecraft combat experience but Surge seems really tedious to me so far, and completely unrewarding. 

3 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

I personally don't have a preference between swing timer pvp and autoclicker pvp, but I don't like any pvp where it takes like 50 hits to kill someone. I've never bothered to play on epic zoomer potpvp factions and I am simply not used to wearing down the ligaments in my right hand clicking someone over and over while they run away from me and heal.

That's the feel that Surge PvP gives me; ferrum armor is the equivalent of vanilla diamond but ferrum weapons don't do more damage than vanilla iron. You can kite people for miles and bows fire foam tipped arrows. I may just not have the full minecraft combat experience but this seems really tedious to me, and completely unrewarding. 

And this was the point that I was trying to make with this post, Surge pvp just feels tedious and grindy, at least with 1.8 it was not like that at all, and I feel like why I and many others would rather go back to 1.8 pvp

I have adapted to the 1.9 style of PvP quite well now, and I must say it is probably the most boring, sleeper, and trash system ever. Alongside the Vortex and Surge systems, I personally think 1.9 is absolutely not fit for this server.

1 hour ago, niya said:

hes that bad....

yes...

Nothing will satisfy both sides, 1.8 is bad because they can't click fast, 1.9 is bad because they can't wait for the swing timer to be ready. Unless we're going to have 50 man raid crp session, the slice of day rpers will not be happy. Both systems are relatively easy, i'd say 1.8 is way easier, but 1.9 would be more fair for those who don't rp as they blame cps on their lack of pvp skills.

1 hour ago, Emery said:

I have adapted to the 1.9 style of PvP quite well now, and I must say it is probably the most boring, sleeper, and trash system ever. Alongside the Vortex and Surge systems, I personally think 1.9 is absolutely not fit for this server.

Based response

1.9 dueling is fine enough I guess, but 1.9 group pvp is absolutely the most boring thing in the history of the universe. 1.8 is way better.

I think the issue with 1.9 is that we have to many health, or too little damage... if so, it'd work I guess.

Maybe. Or we stick to 1.8.

im not sure about anybody else, but the big 40v40 training we did with haense/norland/dwarves was some of the most fun I've had this map

if ur complaining that the health is too high / damage too little, u can't jump crit or group fight properly

1.9 pvp = high skill gap, and personally more fun

1.8 pvp = more of the same, less fun

and idk about you, but the server hardly ever does pvp, so when it does i'd preferred slightly extended fights rather than just blobbing into a big autoclicking mess

LotC logic "We're not a pvp server buuuut we're also going to choose the pvp mode that requires actual skill and forces you to grind vortex."

I don't even fight back in pvp anymore. There's no point. Its not fun. To me, that is. 

I can't even imagine how miserable and dull a warclaim would be under this system.