THE LIFE AND TIMES OF CESAR I 'THE FOUNDER'

Timer

THE LIFE AND TIMES OF CESAR I

BY, FRANCISCO ALTAMIRANO, CARDINAL OF SUTICA

File:King Cesar.jpg

TABLE OF CONTENTS

INTRODUCTION

I. BEGINNINGS

II. REGAL CAREER

III. DEATH

IV. LEGACY

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

INTRODUCTION

This book was written due to my passion for the man widely known as Cesar I of Hyspia. Cesar I was the first Hyspian King, and head of House Rivera till 1795. His reign only lasted 5 years though, but these 5 years were filled with many feats and challenges for the King. This is his story.

I. BEGINNINGS

Cesar was born on an unknown date in 1773 to an unknown Father and Mother. He would lose his parents shortly into his life, both being lost in a foraging expedition. Due to this, he was raised by the Hyspian tribe as a whole, being taught scripture, military strategy, and proper Hyspian etiquette. These teachings would shape the boy into the man he would become. Cesar would continue to rise the ranks of prestige of the Hyspian social order, becoming more and more ambitious as he rose and rose. Cesar I would make many connections and allies during his time as a boy, not yet reaching the age if 17. He would ally himself with various Hyspian families. When Cesar I did eventually reach the age of 17, the Chieftain of Hyspia would perish to an unknown fate. This would be Cesar's gateway to Hyspian leadership, after the Chieftain died, he became Chieftain of Hyspia due to popular vote of the Hyspian people. Cesar being the ambitious man sought more than just a simple tribe, he sought a kingdom, and once Cesar sought his eyes on something, he would not stop glaring at it. Cesar would convince the families of Hyspia to let him lead them to the south, to the wildlands. Here he would begin the foundations of his kingdom.

II. REGAL CAREER

After the settlement and establishment of the first Capital Tierra Natal, Cesar declared the Barony of Hyspia. Immediately after, he ordered the construction of a protective wall around the new town to protect it from hostile raiding parties that roamed the wildlands in search of an easy target. After the completion of this wall and the further growth of the Barony and City, Cesar declared the Nationalization of Hyspia. The Nationalization of Hyspia declared the reformation of the Barony into the Kingdom of Hyspia, and the creation of the Hyspian Monarchist Army in the year 1792. A year later in 1793, Cesar created the Steward's Guild of Hyspia which became responsible for the construction, maintaining, and selling of buildings within Tierra Natal. It was in this same year that Cesar revealed the birth of his Son, Antonio Marvolo Rivera, and declared the creation of the Hand of the Crown, which was the second most powerful role in the Kingdom. Around this time, he gave approval for Juan Mendez and Pedro Gonzalez to duel in order to resolve the Mendez-Gonzalez feud. This duel was only to knockout, with Juan defeating Pedro. The approval of such a duel helped to end hostilities between the two men, up until the outrage of Pedro breaking into Juan's home. This led to a duel to the death. After this duel, Cesar's reputation was minorly damaged by some dissenters, who called him a weak ruler. However, Cesar managed to gain respect back after ordering the Hyspian Monarchist Army to partake in the Hyspian Expedition. The Expedition was organized to drive out the small bands of outlaws hiding around the Hyspian realm, and this action again established Cesar as a firm leader over Hyspia.

Cesar had started the Hyspian-Bandit war in 1790 by declaring an outright crusade against banditry in the Wildlands, and appointed Juan Mendez to see to the military aspects of the War. After the Hyspian victory in the Battle outside Tierra Natal, Cesar's popularity among the people rose significantly. Though the later Raid on Tierra Natal did cause some mistrust, the raid was not consequential enough to truly diminish Cesar's popularity. Truth be told, this war was started based on a lie. The war was little more than a propaganda campaign created by the heads of the government to show the martial “strength” of the military, though the battles which occurred did happen and Cesar was never made aware of the true reasoning for the bandit raids. Cesar would continue his reign for some months later, continuing to expand the Hyspian state’s power within the Wildlands. 

III. DEATH

HWkRdOFzDdlEyKQO2P4LvWLbbwWR5kuuwzfbg2r4RvJkcvzwRKKjkULt9eKSbKNhRoAg34M1VFsug-yX1Msb4WatK-6rGKjfCbxr8wHaPIi8xMypRgpG-zfzAYkkHqUJbiZBkWq1

(Painting of Hyspian Corte members finding the body of Cesar I)

Only a year later in 1795, he would be killed by a disgruntled Hyspian farmer by taking an axe to the chest and succumbing to his wound instantly. Immediately following his death he was succeeded by his Son, Antonio I of Hyspia. He was buried in the exact same spot where he had founded Hyspia years ago, where the first cabin he lived in was raised. The funeral was one of the most emotional of the Kingdom with several of the King's close friends giving speeches about their experiences with the king.

IV. LEGACY

The legacy of Cesar I are the stories kept in the hearts of the Hyspians, Canonist or not, Cartagenan or Nueva Tierran alike. Cesar I was a true uniter of Hyspia as a state, and Hyspia as a culture. Cesar pioneered the thought process of the modern Hyspian, willing to take action in his own hands, even if they’re grimy and a bit disgusting. Even a Hyspian peasant is as capable of rising to the levels of the great King Cesar ‘the founder’.

VAY7Q8VYFjV1k3NLNMVLLgWWNutGRI1hONIS1ZJeZzIWjVLLVhbmj_r2a235vCE6Cm-5FOmmiCNAOl0uf5oRUiV6QYJubtfUhWwV50hQQMjorMuPdr0zMR-PNcoRnwzoKYsw9NHV

OOC: Note, this is not my character, this is @Javert's, he has given me permission to post such a thing

Antonio's Sky-god nods in approval

Carlos Mendez reads through the fresh book, cracking a large smile and reading with interest, along with watching the Festival Preparations in Cartagena from a nearby hill,  lowering the book and glancing down the hill at the Men as he quietly mumbles a prayer.

Hernando Altamirano would read the booklet, nodding in approval "Though Cesar was not Canonist, he exibited virtue and high values, such of which will make one welcomed in the kingdom of GOD. I pray that Antonio finds it in himself to walk in his father's footsteps and choose what is right for the Kingdom and reunite Hyspia under the divinity and love of GOD"