Clarification: No, Kha aren't shelved

chaosgamer_

No, we aren't shelved

So, why am I writing this?  It appears that there was a misunderstanding during one of the shelvings. Recently, with a few new Kharajyr players joining the community, they said that they thought we were shelved. The conversations started out: "Yeah I would love to make a Kha but I heard they got shelved so I was too late :/". This also happened with just general players where they would be confused when I told them "Kha aren't shelved". And this completely backtracks to the point where there a leak within the ST, and that leak was about how the Kharajyr were gonna be shelved. Altough, at that time, people seemed pretty convinced it was gonna happen and I think that's also where this misunderstanding originated. So here are some questions and answers but the short summary of it all is basically, No, Kharajyr are not shelved

Q: The ST leak about the Kha announced their shelving though? did this not go through then?

It did not. After the ST leak, massive outbreak of anger, and back and forth fighting between players and staff, we figured out a solution. I'm pretty sure I and some others were a major pain to @ScreamingDingoand the other ST about this leak. Because well, I was pretty adamant on keeping the CA I liked alive. To the point, where we both made documents with our  responses. However, when we pulled around with our idea of a rewrite, the ST still took that in review, giving us more time. To make it clear, that rewrite got accepted , allowing the Kha to stay. This was briefly before the official announcements where the Wonks, Hou-zi, and Shades were shelved.

Q: Hou-zi, wonks, and shades were shelved in a Lore Announcement. The ST leak at the time spoke of all open CA's getting shelved so I thought Kha were supposed to be in there, too?

No, the Kha were not in that announcement because they weren't shelved. I'm not sure on how exactly it was misinterpreted. I figure it could have been people who took the large ST leak as hard evidence that it was gonna happen anyhow and/or from the following post: 

The post does not include Kharajyr. The reason why people might have misinterpreted in my speculation was that at the time of the ST leak, where it was leaked Kha would be shelved. But, so would all the other open creature races, AKA the wonks/hou-zi. So some people might have accidentally made that link even after the whole ordeal of the ST leak that meant that if hou-zi/wonk were shelved, that the Kha were as well. Though, in my opinion a far stretch because Kha were never talked about in that announcement. On the other hand, brains can do crazy stuff so no one blames anyone for thinking it :3.

Q: Then how did Kharajyr survive the shelving?

When the leak came out, the kha community came together to quickly make a rewrite. This rewrite was never meant to be a full, complete version. Though, we made more of a sketch from our idea to win us time. Our old lore at this time was already declared non-existent, as was the lore from the other CA's, so to win us time we made a sketch-version from our grand idea which had to be reviewed by the Lore team. Though, all the credit for writing this rewritten lore should be handed to @Wretched. He did it within a few days to save the race he initially created. The ideas were later more fleshed out during the rewrite, allowing us to have a full, new piece of lore. The quick acting and plan here should be credited for saving this CA.  

^ This is the new lore, make sure to give it a read ^

Q: But if the Kha survived by writing new lore, didn't the Hou-zi, shades, or wonks try it as well?

As far as I know, and the other Kha players, the other shelved CA's in that shelving post did not attempt to make a rewrite. I'm sure there were a lot of players and I'm sorry you had to see a favorite CA go. The reason why Kharajyr pulled together so quickly was because we have a racial discord with every Kha player in it. So when we heard about the ST leak, everyone was rallied and began discussing in the same location about a solution.  I'm not sure what the other playerbases did at this point in time, but the Kha took the horrible news as a warning and immediately went to work to prevent our oncoming doom.

So what have Kha been up to?

Every Kharajyr has been going with their own plans. Some might have found a home in Oren, while the other prefers to live in Krugmar. There is a small community of mostly Kharajyr and some miscellaneous people who are trying to find a little foothold in the world of Almaris. They're currently building a Grove in Urguan. And some others have attempted to start companies, climb ranks, or started learning to become a mage. In any case, we haven't been sitting still.

Here's a sneakpeek of said Grove.

unknown.png

Anyhow, if you have any more questions, you can list them below. I will probably list the majority of them if crucial enough in the post self in order to inform more people. If you have other questions or more smaller ones you don't want to be publicly seen, you can send a DM to chaos#7283 on discord. 

I'll make sure you all will have your answers :D

Hard to believe, we're still around and have a good handful of active players. :P

my name is ryloth and this is my new favorite post on lotc

I've noticed quite a few players thinking Kha were shelved, hopefully more people know kha aren't shelved. We need more kha, it's interesting characters to play I've heard.

14 minutes ago, Demon_Lilly said:

I've noticed quite a few players thinking Kha were shelved, hopefully more people know kha aren't shelved. We need more kha, it's interesting characters to play I've heard.

Exactly, hence why I decided to write this post :D

33 minutes ago, Megatera5 said:

can the kha do a live performance of cats the musical tho

AYO 👀

27 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

This is a khatastrophe

(joke)

We need more kha puns. I missed them.

Well put, definitely an important post to put out there. The Kha community is VERY open and welcoming!