Settlers of Almaris - Seafarers Expansion

Hiebe

6 minutes ago, _pr0fit said:

its okay to be upsetti spaghetti, I hope you do go back and read the reason why that happened.

So if Oren had received free, grandfathered fast travel points to account for their own distant vassals, you would see no problem with that? And if you didn't like it, I could just say "well clearly you're upsetti spaghetti, so you're wrong."

Just now, VIROS said:

So if Oren had received free, grandfathered fast travel points to account for their own distant vassals, you would see no problem with that? And if you didn't like it, I could just say "well clearly you're upsetti spaghetti, so you're wrong."

Didn't haelunor get one and isn't haelunor directly allied with oren?

3 minutes ago, Orlanth said:

Didn't haelunor get one and isn't haelunor directly allied with oren?

Haelun'or is literally an island that is inaccessible except by swimming or boat travel, which are inaccessible to new players. If Norland was an island, no one would have an issue with this--Oren doesn't exactly adore Haelun'or and want them to have every one of their hearts' desires. 

I really think it's hypocritical to criticize Oren for getting cosmetic items like map art (which I agree, was unfair for them to receive, and I emphasize, was taken away), while simultaneously making special exceptions for Norland to receive real, mechanical benefits that they do not actually need to function, like a vassal warp.

4 minutes ago, VIROS said:

Haelun'or is literally an island that is inaccessible except by swimming or boat travel, which are inaccessible to new players. If Norland was an island, no one would have an issue with this--Oren doesn't exactly adore Haelun'or and want them to have every one of their hearts' desires. 

I really think it's hypocritical to criticize Oren for getting cosmetic items like map art (which I agree, was unfair for them to receive, and I emphasize, was taken away), while simultaneously making special exceptions for Norland to receive real, mechanical benefits that they do not actually need to function, like a vassal warp.

My guy, the only person criticising map art is you, I said to go back and read why norland and haelunor are getting ferries, not "Oren bad and they shouldn't have ferries" 

In fact I stated they were capable of getting one in the future when they are bug fixed.

Its also important to note that Norland does in fact need the ferry to function on an equal playing field with every other nation, bringing us into the 3 minute average travel time instead of a 7 minute travel time.

3 minutes ago, _pr0fit said:

My guy, the only person criticising map art is you, I said to go back and read why norland and haelunor are getting ferries, not "Oren bad and they shouldn't have ferries" 

In fact I stated they were capable of getting one in the future when they are bug fixed.

Its also important to note that Norland does in fact need the ferry to function on an equal playing field with every other nation, bringing us into the 3 minute average travel time instead of a 7 minute travel time.

Okay, let's forget that I brought up the map art. When you were vaguely alluding to something by saying "it is easy to see no issue when you are the one benefitting from inequality", to what were you referring? What was the inequality, and is it still ongoing?

24 minutes ago, edelos said:

i cant even take this seriously dude, staff is by volunteering. Oren having a lot of players that are volunteering to do free work for the server isn't inequality, unless by inequality you mean doing an excess share of the work compared to % of the overall playerbase.

Being staff isn't all fun and games, it can be a pain. This is an insane argument. Get more people outside of the humans and elves to join staff and contribute if you think this is inequality. Nobody is going to complain about more help.

Grossly disingenuous to pretend that there haven’t been coordinated efforts to get groups of players into positions of power before - and that’s not exclusive to Oren. Also disingenuous to pretend that any staff work is simply just about volunteering as if they snap you up to join for putting your hand up without considering your affiliations. 

Not an insane argument to make, regardless of if it’s actually true or not in this instance, and an imbalance of staff from communities 100% matters considering staff take votes on certain actions (or at least used to). 

I thought this was a map extension pack 

Thank god. Now get the players access to paid LC and then we'll be in the golden age.

Personally, I see this as a post about a new feature open to the server. Whether you're a Norlander, Renatian, or Curonian, I don't think this is the place to talk about potential inequalities. Two nations had grandfathered in a ferry system to test the feature and to balance travel times to their capitals with other nations, cool! Nations will be given an intra-nation/vassal travel system when it's smoothed out, perfect! Let's just be grateful that new features are being rolled out and perfected by the joint efforts of Nick and World Team. The world would be a happier place without all the whining. 

8 minutes ago, Crevel said:

When custom map art was introduced as a publicly purchasable feature, all existing map art was removed out of fairness so that equal costs & opportunities were afforded to the server's players.

Now that fast travels were introduced, will existing nation-internal fast travels be handled in a similarly fair way?

10 minutes ago, ARCHITECUS said:

When custom map art was introduced as a publicly purchasable feature, all existing map art was removed out of fairness so that equal costs & opportunities were afforded to the server's players.

Now that fast travels were introduced, will existing nation-internal fast travels be handled in a similarly fair way?

As with most things, it'll be handled in a fair way as long as it's not abused by certain players. In that case, I can only predict that the feature is removed or rather the far more likely option: player blacklists from using/making fast travel spots if possible.

9 hours ago, _pr0fit said:

its okay to be upsetti spaghetti, I hope you do go back and read the reason why that happened.

2DD89159-310A-4229-ABDC-0DE0612D3F38.jpeg

Hi! 

Vassal leader of Norland_Elysium here, just to clarify, the ferry plugin has been launched through January and goodness, it has had its struggles. It literally broke, across entire days. Baffling and frustrating the community and visitors alike as to waiting there for some time pointlessly. Also, I believe that the ferry existed before the concept of the Elysium Vassal even materialized, meaning it was a ferry-distance closer that was in essence, given by staff management to close the additional 3 minutes walk along the icy lake from North Hub than the current accusations with demerit that its a ferry for the Elysium vassal. In the same merit, the vassal of Malinor(Formerly the land was used for Blazenguard) for Haelunor is similar situated at their ferry point as its a logical vassal location similar to Elysium was.  

I'd go on the record and throw full support in vassals of nations receiving the similar options of purchasing fast travels. I'd like to believe it has majority lotc community support as well, on removing the ferry, or as some in the thread has focused upon, the Elysium Ferry, it will be up to the staff decision makers on the topic-Though, I think the focus should remain strictly on vassal settlements being allowed into the fast travel system as the main focus.  I think its essential for the health of nations to have similarly active subcultures and vassals. It will be best for the staff decision makers that decided on the existing ferries to have it clarified than players of different nation communities fighting and tainting an announcement thread for a rather promising plugin and service in bettering the lotc experience for players. 

It's a win and step in the right direction for the current World Team and Tech Team. Let's give them that appreciation and support.