Settlers of Almaris - Seafarers Expansion

Hiebe

12 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

If this isn't the Resource and War System Overwrite expansion I'll be mad.

catan-cities-and-knights-game-expansion.

just wait for the barbarians

25 minutes ago, Suicidium said:

The matters of who did it, when it happened, and the plugin having problems do not change the reality of the situation.

One nation has a free internal fast travel to a dependent settlement connected by land. Others do not, and may not in the future.

Will that change? I hope so, as we have precedent as recent as the map art implementation. I think a more fair solution there would have been to offer every nation on the server map art of their choosing, but things are easier said than done.

Addendum: The best solution here would be to offer each nation a free internal FT. When I bring up the point of possible removal, I'm just being a realist, not a hater.

Either fast travel is free for all or not. Can't have fast travels going to vassals which are clearly connected by path/ land and not let others have it. It specifically states that fast travel between a vassal and the capital is not allowed. Way I see it, even if the vassal wasn't connected by land, until the rules on FT change, it shouldn't be allowed since nations pick where vassals go.  Why does Norland get a free FT to a vassal which is connected by land?

16 minutes ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

Either fast travel is free for all or not. Can't have fast travels going to vassals which are clearly connected by path/ land and not let others have it. It specifically states that fast travel between a vassal and the capital is not allowed. Way I see it, even if the vassal wasn't connected by land, until the rules on FT change, it shouldn't be allowed since nations pick where vassals go.  Why does Norland get a free FT to a vassal which is connected by land?

I agree with Nathan_barnett for once, we should remove Norlands fast travel in the interest in fairness, however, we should also in the interest of fairness, move all other nations capital builds further away from the hubs so that their travel times are in line with Norlands travel time. 

In fact, we should all be in line with haelunor, someone time how long it takes to swim from their road to their city!

1 minute ago, _pr0fit said:

I agree with Nathan_barnett for once, we should remove Norlands fast travel in the interest in fairness, however, we should also in the interest of fairness, move all other nations capital builds further away from the hubs so that their travel times are in line with Norlands travel time.

Yo this means Elvenesse gets shorter walk times I’m all for it.

Just now, NotEvilAtAll said:

Yo this means Elvenesse gets shorter walk times I’m all for it.

for real, your travel time is whack

Based.

norland using the basis of travel time for why they have a free FT but it takes like 7-10 mins to walk to elvenesse and they don’t have shite

with the current ferry, you can get to norland in 3 minutes, there’s nations that take the midrange of 5-8 minutes (krugmar included) who should also be given free travel

I think we should just compromise and let people put fast travels wherever. Between vassals and capitals, Between vassals and vassals, between some part of the road to Oren and the frog statue in the swamp. Who cares?

More fast travels mean I waste less time walking around the gigantic, mostly featureless wasteland of Almaris, and more time making nations active. Fast travel availability isn't going to make me choose one settlement over another. What fast travels will do is ensure that I can travel between settlements, and prevent me from getting stuck in some decentralized corner of the map.

Make them cheaper, too. Fast travels are a straight up improvement to the map, and they should only cost as much as the convenience they give to settlement owners.

4 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

I think we should just compromise and let people put fast travels wherever. Between vassals and capitals, Between vassals and vassals, between some part of the road to Oren and the frog statue in the swamp. Who cares?

More fast travels mean I waste less time walking around the gigantic, mostly featureless wasteland of Almaris, and more time making nations active. Fast travel availability isn't going to make me choose one settlement over another. What fast travels will do is ensure that I can travel between settlements, and prevent me from getting stuck in some decentralized corner of the map.

Make them cheaper, too. Fast travels are a straight up improvement to the map, and they should only cost as much as the convenience they give to settlement owners.

"Important Note:

This system is subject to change with time & feedback. Fast Travel between settlements within a Nation will be addressed after the initial trial period of the plugin."

About the cost: Even far distances like Talon's-Norland only cost ~1000 Mina

13 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

"Important Note:

This system is subject to change with time & feedback. Fast Travel between settlements within a Nation will be addressed after the initial trial period of the plugin."

About the cost: Even far distances like Talon's-Norland only cost ~1000 Mina

yeah I'm just saying skip the awkward means testing phase and get right into it. fast travels would be a huge improvement, the people least likely to use it in a productive way are nation leaders trying to corral everyone into their capital

I didn't fully read the pricing and honestly it seems pretty sane, you're right.