[Diary Entry #4] A Letter to the Damned

GammaRose

[!] The following contents were written in the most atrocious, yes still legible, handwriting in existence; made with calligraphy ink and some sort of sharp pen. [!]

Dear  イザナミ,

Today I've once again danced my ballet with death under the sparkling sands of the southern desert.

In the temple laid to waste many lost souls, scorned to a scorching and pathetic ending which was turned into a home for the animals who cannibalized one another. Traps were laid about the many corridors which were made to ensure total demise, and yet to our party's amazing luck, we made it through successfully. At the end of our fun adventure, we with death who mimicked the voices of the damned. I remember the exact words it had called out from the entrance to the moment we had reached it's tomb, it cried out for help, to eat, to be saved; it was only 'till only after the last trap that I had begun to realize that something was amiss. It reminded me of the tales Obachan had once told us, of a demon who would lure it's prey with the voices of a person's beloved, taking them into the darkness until they'd meet their grim demise. However, the only way to break free of this creature's hypnotic cries was to test it's knowledge, a simple question was sure to break the illusion of it's trickery.

The party continued their way into the abyss but my feet remained planted in the light.

I question whether what we saw was that exact demon or not, but it's voice still scorches like a wildfire in my head and I am terrified. Zaelyn and Farren both came out with the treasures they wanted, I was given a sort of trophy for my worthless efforts; nonetheless, it was an adventure worth taking.

Was it?

I find myself even lonelier than before. In a crowd of dozens, I am by my lonesome self. The memories shared amongst the party were all fragments shared amongst strangers; strangers who only knew each other and themselves. In the moment of our glory which we had escaped the temple, I never knew how bad, how much I longed to adventure with my friends, Kei and Echo, again. I am afraid for what will become of me if this loneliness possesses me.

I plan to present this trophy to Ms. Idril as a gift for her child, I hope she likes it.

[!] The following was written in Deep Sea Gleam, emitting a faint warm golden glow [!]

'Till Next Time,

Beowulf  神闇