The Ligmoire: Respect to the Other

AuJy

The Ligmoire

An Essay Paying Respect to the Other Faith

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

[!] Found in libraries, advertised in the streets, and left at a great many doors is the Ligmoire. A work penned by Father Almire.

WuZUE_XMwxD2ckeJK_IUb8fKHUqpGsliQurxgYIK

Chapter One: Trekking

As I sit in this chair peering out of my window and onto the great city of Providence, I find myself pitted. And when I say this, I mean there is a vast ocean-like gap inside of my spirit, inside of my soul. I recognize the dangers of my actions and the possibility of excommunication. This does not mean that I am unwilling to do this, for I believe it was GOD, in all his Righteousness, who presented me with this concept and this passion. I felt compelled to travel to each of the lands of our planetary realm. From Freeport to Haense, every which way I travelled. Traversing these realms I met with many curious people. It was on my travels that I met Haense Monsignor who set me on the path of righteousness which led me to my priestly occupation.

On my journeys, most of which were safeguarded by Saint Johannes of Aesculus, I came upon the ancient lands of the North; Norland. Immediately, I was immediately stricken by the vast whiteness and beauty of this Great Land of “Sin”. Each of the many inhabitants of this land, according to our scriptures, texts and scrolls, would find themselves living in the Void for all of eternity. To enter a land and believe this, is a frightening endeavor. One which I wholly expected to not survive.

Upon entering the City of Elysium, I met a masked man who showed me the way to Varhelm. In this capital city, I found a frightening scene before me. A tree, so large and impressive, set ablaze. The Ashwood, is what these farfolk call this tree. A right name, if one were to ask me my thoughts on it. Upon entering the roots of this tree I immediately felt a presence. An indescribable feeling of understanding washed over me as I looked on at the work and craftsmanship of these Northmen. I knew then why I was compelled to travel to this land of the North.

Soon thereafter, the Masked Man took me to their Temple. It is within this temple that I was given a proper chance to fulfill a portion of my tasks which were granted to me by the Lord. To understand our North-ly neighbor and hear his words and understand his world.

Chapter Two: Findings

In an attempt to understand the Northman and his Red Faith I went on the hunt to pursue all the written findings I could. I read tome after tome. Hours came and went… days had begun to go by. Food was getting harder and harder to come by. I began to feel nourished by the unadulterated words of Faith and Belief. There were some tomes and works, so old and dusted, that the language barrier seemed to grow with each new passage. The beloved works of authors Grigori Ruslanovych, Arthas and the Brothers Faretto were few and far between. Scrounging for more and more forced me to read the unreadable. I believe that along the way I learned the words of the Ancient Norlanders and could possibly pen works in their tongue.

It is with great pride and greater joy that I was able to not only find works that described the behaviors and stories of the Norlandic Paragon Pantheon, but I was able to find works that beautifully illustrated the culture of the Norlandic peoples and their beginnings. Unlike the Orenian population, the Norlandic population is quite homogenous. We may be disgusted or confused by this fact but it is fact nonetheless. And it is with this homogenous culture that there is a proper distinction made between our two peoples. Their faith is not loose, fluid or ill-defined, it is rigid and engrained. Their culture and their identity is attached completely to their religion. Where we Orenians and Canonists may feel the ghostly whispers and hollow touches of Horen and Oswyn, those of the Red Faith can hear Thoromir’s voice akin to a great thunderous boom.

The emotions attached to the Northman’s Faith is so impressive and strong that it aids in policy decision making. By decree, those who would operate as foreign-fath missionaries are no longer permitted into the great oaken city of Varhelm. I myself, having slept on the steps towards the Temple and set food in the city numerous times, have yet to pay dues to the Norlandic Kingdom. If asked to do so, I will without fuss.

Chapter Three: Realizations

It was when I read the texts of the literary greats of Norland that I came upon some serious and frankly disturbing realizations. The similarities between the two faiths are just as, if not more shocking, than the differences between the two. The Gods, Paragons and Anticipations of the Red Faith seem to compare fairly well with the Lord and Venerated Saints of the Church of the Canon.

I have drafted a chart that I made in order to better illustrate my findings thusly;

chart.thumb.png.7d4e70abe07cc4927ad384530b2acaa6.png

It is with neither heavy heart nor sour feelings that I share this chart which depicts the similarities of our two faiths. There are many more comparisons that can be drawn, like the similarities between Saint Henry Otto of Alban and Uther Grimlee. Or Saint Johannes of Aesculus and Tyr. I found these to be a bit reaching, however and did not include them for the sake of honesty.

To argue against the certainly incoming attack on my character for comparing Saints to Paragons, I must insist to you that if you are arguing from the perspective of a Canonist, these entities are not venerated by you and therefore should not be seen as thus. And I must also insist to you that if you are arguing from the perspective of a Red Faith Fanatic, these entities are not Paragons nor Keepers to you and therefore should not be seen as thus. I see no Saint as a God, I venerate them with dignity and honor and stand proud to have Saint Harald as my Patron. I see no Paragon or Anticipation, not even the All-Father  as a deity to be worshipped nor an entity to be venerated. I stand proud to have Godani as my protector and life-giver.

Chapter Four: Solutions

I am unaware whether or not the Red Faith or the Church of the Canon will be able to come together and live in harmony. I am, however, certain that the able-bodied and right-minded individuals who follow these faiths will be able to come together to see that there is great wisdom to be drawn from both sides and a mutual exchange and acceptance of these ideas will bring forth a new revelation to us all.

If the day were to arise where High Keeper and High Pontiff were able to sit down, together, and discuss over tea and biscuits a way to keep hostilities non-existent and persecutions at minimum. Having spoken to both the High Pontiff and High Keeper, I know this would be a fruitful discussion.