Minecraft RP: The Best Thing You've Never Heard Of

Treshure

41 minutes ago, Treshure said:

9wF2Q1m.png

A month and lots of editing later, I'm proud to release the first of a new series of premium MineMan videos. I felt a need to explain the underpinnings that make Minecraft RP truly unique, something I've always wanted to expand on since some of my earlier videos. From myself and all the really talented people who've helped me with this (Thumbnail creds to Basket!), I hope you enjoy!

Put some respeck on the OG Cloud Temple's name.

Birdman Baby GIF - Birdman Baby Angry GIFs

This is honestly amazing. Well done!! 

Why tf do you sound so much like CGP grey @Treshure I demand an explanation.

Also the example of overthrowing a government suddenly isn't all that accurate since you'd probably get OOCly locked out of the region by the PRO and ROs and the whole matter would get resolved via a big OOC drama post on the forums rather than in-game. Server isn't really geared towards that level of dynamicism nowadays. We're a lot more regulated and rule oriented, with big changes happening on discord as much as in game. The old LOTC would've had multiple wars already this far into a new map, but on modern LOTC we've had nothing. It's just a different place.

1 hour ago, argonian said:

snip

While I will agree that the server today faces a great divide, the moral of it all is that this platform can be whatever you and your folks make of it. The community at large might not be so cooperative as once before, but with the right group of story-aligned friends the possibilities in terms of storytelling are practically limitless.

Hehehe they used our library 

Really well-edited video. I shudder to imagine what might happen if we could actually advertise this server.

18 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Also the example of overthrowing a government suddenly isn't all that accurate since you'd probably get OOCly locked out of the region by the PRO and ROs and the whole matter would get resolved via a big OOC drama post on the forums rather than in-game. Server isn't really geared towards that level of dynamicism nowadays. We're a lot more regulated and rule oriented, with big changes happening on discord as much as in game. The old LOTC would've had multiple wars already this far into a new map, but on modern LOTC we've had nothing. It's just a different place.

as usual mr. halfling is right though. maybe we should try to make lotc the game that treshure described :^)

23 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Why tf do you sound so much like CGP grey @Treshure I demand an explanation.

Qb5qTZx.png

16 minutes ago, Callistus said:

While I will agree that the server today faces a great divide, the moral of it all is that this platform can be whatever you and your folks make of it. The community at large might not be so cooperative as once before, but with the right group of story-aligned friends the possibilities in terms of storytelling are practically limitless.

There's potential, yeah. Things just feel a lot more scripted than they used to. Most of the big things happen within events you get pinged for on discord and have knowledge of ahead of time. There's a lot less mystique, and a lot fewer surprises. The realm of possibility feels more narrow. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm more of a veteran player and therefore jaded in my view on everything. Maybe I'm looking at the forums too much and ruining all the fun that way. Maybe it's just early map congestion that'll clear up when 90% of players aren't all living in the same few cities. Regardless, I don't get the same vibes that I used to.

This general narrowing of possibilities I've experienced has led me to start thinking of events differently. I've been doing more non-scripted events where there's a ping to log online but not all that much planned afterwards and whatever happens happens, making for a much more dynamic and potentially surprising experience. I credit @Kaiser with the inspiration when he yelled at us halflings for planning too many scripted events at once. He's totally correct in that having people only log online for scripted stuff isn't all that good for community health.

12 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

maybe we should try to make lotc the game that treshure described :^)

We're still a collective fiction but have distanced ourselves from being a true creative sandbox. We need to become a creative sandbox again, somehow. I want this server to surprise me every time I log online.

Now this is what I like to see.

Amazing video quality overall, and I think it is refreshing for all of us to see some positive reminders that this community and environment we've built up over the last 10 years is really something special.

Good work.

Edited by Nozoa

I've been seeing the server hit new peaks lately and this video really helps sell why. Well done.

too bad that im never going to tell my friends that i have a separate friend group across the world who like to pretend being elves and starting imaginary wars 

Professional levels of effort in this. My good man, the cinematographer Treshure. 

lovely