Childhood Innocence

BlessChu

The death of Pip Artimeir, the childish knight
--------------------

"Surrender!"

The private, Ezekiel, spoke positioning himself in preparation to parry his opponents next move.

"No."

Pip would say flatly, with no emotion to begin with. Though it built up with every word he spoke;

"My sister was not given such an option, so don't you dare give it to me."

Pip, the childish knight stood slouched down as the wounds on his arm and back of his knee begun to surge. With every small movement, and adrenaline induced shake he winced.

"You committed no crimes, your sister? She killed her employer." 

Ezekiel spoke, raising his great-sword poised above his right shoulder in preparation for a finishing blow. 

"Surrender now, this is your final warning."

The childish knight gripped the longsword, staring daggers into his opponent. Folk on the streets who'd gathered, watching the duel muttered about fighting pits and bets on who'd win.

"20 minas on the red 'un!"
"I'm not bettin' on that lobster!"
"C'mon at least take this to the fightin' pits that way we can gamble!"

Rage welted up within Pip. This was not a game to him, or sport to bet on. This was eight years of searching for a sister who had been killed by the man in front of him the whole time. 

"You would have too, though that prolly don't matter to you." He'd take a step forward, falling a little on his injured leg. He quickly caught himself before raising his left hand, longsword gripped tight and swung. However, in his weakened state the childish knight could have been easily overpowered by a a scholar.
Ezekiel parried Pip with ease. Pip's longsword slid pathetically off Ezekiel's great-sword, who in a swift motion drove his blade into Pip's neck. 

Pip slid off the mans blade, the only sound that could be heard was his plate armor echoing through the city street as it hit the ground. People in the crowd winced, twisting there head to avoid the sight, while the crowd, by this point a lot smaller murmured.

"A shame, the poor boy." "A tragic end for someone searching for family."

Ezekiel, the duels victor let out a sigh before slamming his great-swords pommel into the pavement under his feet. The crowd stopped murmuring.

"It's disgusting that you folk bet on the life of this boy, the last of his bloodline."

He then walked over toward the bouquet of flowers he had laid in memory of the attack on the MoJ. Ezekiel plucked a singular flower, a crimson red, and placed it upon Pip's chest-plate.

"A tragic end for a man who spent almost a third of his life searching for a dead sister."

The crowd moved on, the spectacle was over.
Ezekiel kneeled to the ground, picking up a worn and torn teddy bear that had fallen from the knights belt. Once upon a time, it had symbolized the beauty of childhood innocence Pip held inside him, but like its now slain owner the bear was soiled and broken. The stitching was holding on by threads, causing stuffing to occasionally fall out in Ezekiel's hand.  The bears face was covered in a mixture of blood and mud, and its face was trapped in a solemn expression. for it was the teddy bear that had witnessed the massacre of the whole Artmeir family. The family victim to tragedy of whom was slain by a man of honor. 

"You fought valiantly lad."

Ezekiel murmured, as he saluted the corpse.

Hello! This is a common mistake but this FRP thread is no for character role-play. It is creative writing as nations, factions, etc for particular threads. For example the current one is "Mud City V2" a FRP about various factions competing in a city, in the fallout universe. 

If you are interested about Forum Roleplay feel free to leave your discord, I can introduce you to it. But just know Forum Roleplay thread generally isn't for Lotc or other characters doing tidbits! I believe there is a separate forum threads for that.

1 hour ago, Roberik said:

Hello! This is a common mistake but this FRP thread is no for character role-play. It is creative writing as nations, factions, etc for particular threads. For example the current one is "Mud City V2" a FRP about various factions competing in a city, in the fallout universe. 

If you are interested about Forum Roleplay feel free to leave your discord, I can introduce you to it. But just know Forum Roleplay thread generally isn't for Lotc or other characters doing tidbits! I believe there is a separate forum threads for that.

Ah, I saw other PK posts here which was the only reason I figured this was where they go xD
Is there somewhere else PK's belong? I can repost it somewhere else and delete this one if that's more appropriate. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.