Conversion of Leumont

jolfrey

IgfKCiU9GDJYXKjXGHNG6CFO9Yng82NLBYBJY-ch1jy0iy-PDysiv3nT8wbV6SUpX3GVUm3q6puMUVwYXpq4Lkt4wZy6GJiK0OSXfRMXMqvnF-tpIcnpzQLksVcnLVdljo4qq-s3

Conversion of Leumont

Issued in the Twelfth Year of the Second Age

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Jarldom of Leumont, formerly known as the County of Darrowmere, which is the successor of Lorraine has long-held ties to the Canonist Church even recently electing to host a Diocese within our good land. However, the times have changed and I have been led to the light of the All Father and to the defense of my kin against the corrupted and the Dark. This does not mean my dear people are not free to worship, in private, any deities they so choose it simply means that I, Jolfrey, Patriarch of House d’Amaury, solemnly declare my total separation from the corrupted Canonist Church and swear my utter loyalty to the All Father and his guidance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Signed,

Jolfrey d’Amaury, Jarl of Leumont, Patriarch of House d’Amaury

w_0erdfR1iZWn0wLFB6NUP9Ipg4O4eT2smYF-ntdWfKUvLcaM1vY-mpZnKYp1_Kh6o8IhDQTWx_ibzUQzJQdr54EUsJJrFrf22-qs_E6h1mm4jUzQfv5CbpCu87dqBBJAX1NKpO5

Spoiler

Note: Jolfrey is not related to the d'Amaury family by blood, he simply believes he is, given his historic connections to Lorraine and Darrowmere.

The High Keeper hummed a content little tune as she stamped a copy of the missive and filed it away into the Keepers' archives.

Carson Berthmeud would sit in his chair reading the letter.  “So I guess he’s finally made the right choice.”  He would look down at his flame patch, and begin to scribble a letter to be send to Jolfrey himself.

“My friend, it pleases me to hear this information.  I propose we hold the converson ceremony together, and invite all the people of Leumont to join us. To the future of Leumont my friend.”

Signed,

Carson Berthmeud, Corporal of the Knights of Leumont

"As the youths in Haense say - cringe," comments to his companion the famed Blood-Raven of Lorraine, feeding the missive to his fireplace; nonetheless glad to have read something other than Southern trash for once.

Hernando Altamirano stops what he is doing and signs the loraine and sits in the gardens of providence to pray for the lost souls of Leumont, "Oh GOD of most high, may these lost souls on the trail of virtue find their way home. Let them find the light of GOD once more and protect them from the apostate state of Norland" 

Edited by bugbytes21

"Ahh as it should be. Happy to hear they've made the right choice" He smiles filing the missive away in his own personal bookshelf. humming to himself "I'll have to go visit soon and give congratulations."

Casper Jahan Baelius slowly shook his head as he read the missive. The Chaplain went to read a prayer for the soul that had fallen astray from the righteous path, sighing a bit as he concluded it.

Edric, hearing of recent events, raises his mug of Ashwood Spirits in celebration.

"I can't wait to see how the Canonfodder moan at this development!"

Edited by Sham404

"I think every proper d'Amaury rolled in their graves, though another empty town professing their faith in a fire-dancing religion. Nothing new." remarked Basil.

Rigan Volaren goes to the pool of water behind the canonist church in Karosgrad. He lowers his mask and dips a takes a drink from the pool. After a quick moment he spits it out to his side and nods to himself. "As I suspected. Salt."

From a place most-distant, an ancient monarch of Lotharingia frowns deeply. The culture she had risked her life to restore was once again lost in a blunder. Perhaps her descendants, bountiful as they were, would put to use the claims to the Archduchy that they inherited by right of her historic proclamation, supported in her time by the man who would eventually become Emperor Peter II. These continued embarrassments, now concluding in the abandonment of the religion upon which much of the original Lorraine was founded, were too much to bear.

19 minutes ago, Orlanth said:

Rigan Volaren goes to the pool of water behind the canonist church in Karosgrad. He lowers his mask and dips a takes a drink from the pool. After a quick moment he spits it out to his side and nods to himself. "As I suspected. Salt."

"The Haeseni are mocked by their pagan allies at every turn - who is truly the dependent in this relationship?" Observes anthropologist and economist J. Fitzpeter. "In such a state, it would seem the nordling fixation on cuckoldry has rubbed off on the Haeseni king."

Simon Pruvia, a descendant of Lotharingia, cringes.

2 minutes ago, ARCHITECUS said:

"The Haeseni are mocked by their pagan allies at every turn - who is truly the dependent in this relationship?" Observes anthropologist and economist J. Fitzpeter. "In such a state, it would seem the nordling fixation on cuckoldry has rubbed off on the Haeseni king."

Rigan takes the time to make an amendment to his statement: "Although not quite as salty as the rivers by Oren were during the Sutica war."

Methas would think for a moment  "interesting, i wonder why this is happening"