A Public Letter to King Antonio De Rivera

Gandhi

A Public Letter to King Antonio De Rivera

i2BQspH3hrYd9VWIyRRRbeBlLB1M2TJBtyTdkKsMRCkU8YS2iz6eH0hPVXcMrXwDpP96Vqj8XYm28UYTQyT0DWTSnJuKhp-AoMJBVQa5sG-GyDWW3hpnTLg1NEHs_NEvQpp0FyN4

Dear Antonio De Rivera, King of Hyspia.

Allegiance

It is Carlos Mendez, writing to you from my office in Cartagena. There are many things I wish to cover in this letter, starting with my allegiance.

Ever since I was a young boy in Tierra Natal during the reign of Cesar I, I held my loyalty to the Kingship dearly. 

Yet I have grown both mentally and psychically since that point, I finally see that you are not fit for the title. 

These words come at a personal cost for me, as a man who based his teenage years off of serving and protecting you, it truly hurts to say these things.

The Betrayal

Moving onto my next point, I held enough respect to visit your coronation, although my reasoning is mixed, it really holds no relation to you.

The way I was rewarded for years of loyalty and simply wishing to leave was a deadly claim against me, that I was undead! This came with no evidence and no witnesses present. An Utterly shameful attempt at murder.

Yet you previously knew that the men who claimed me to be undead, are untrustworthy, and instead you believe them over me.

Making the bold claim that I am undead, luckily after a quick test by a Norlandic Keeper, this bold lie was proven wrong. Although I still did fear for my life as I was surrounded by swordsmen.

I haven't taken this strike quietly Antonio, you falsely claimed me to be undead, a member of the Osanoran and Cartagenan Government.

My respect towards you has dramatically lowered since I left, starting with the insults thrown at me when I wished to peacefully leave  and continuing with the attempted murder.

Renouncement

Ending this letter comes with the biggest portion of it, the renouncement of my loyalties to the Apostate King.

So I, Carlos Mendez, Lord of House Mendez, renounce my loyalties to the Apostate King Antonio De Rivera, along with House Mendez. 

Carlos Mendez

Head Medic and Warden of Cartagena

A public response is soon written and published

To the overdramatic and frankly irritating Traitor Carlos Mendez,

It is rather unfortunate that I feel the need to write this letter, given that any man with sense would simply ignore your delusional outcries. Nonetheless, I feel that a public response to your ludicrous claims would set many a mind at ease. Firstly, I would like to start by clarifying that at my coronation I did in fact make the claim that you were undead which was then followed by the simple request for a test to be conducted upon you. Once this test was conducted and you were proven innocent of such accusations, I allowed you the chance to leave Nueva Tierra peacefully and calmly to which you did. Why you feel the need to overdramatize such a minor and insignificant incident is beyond me, and those who bore witness to the event can confirm that once the accusations were proven false I took no further actions to harm you. As for my supposed "Betrayal" of you, I have a list of which I could have had you exiled or killed for many years ago yet I refrained from doing so. It is in bringing light to these past convictions that I hope to make clear that your crimes are far greater and more numerous than my apparent ones.

Your crimes and convictions are as follows:

- Attacking your fellow Hyspian citizens

- Mistreatment of your own children, often including outright neglect or abuse

- Attempted murder of Osanoran officials

- Attempted murder of Hyspian officials

- Disrespect of authority, both Sutican and Hyspian

- Abuse of authority, both Sutican and Hyspian

- Domestic abuse and attempted murder of your Ex-spouse, Peralien Mirthsense

I would also wish to include your previous exile from Hyspia following one of your many attacks on an Osanoran official, of which you only returned due to my personal sympathies for you. Should you name any crime I have committed greater than the ones you have committed, feel free to make yet another public response to me. Nonetheless, I conclude by stating your over exaggeration and frankly political abuse of the situation has left me no choice but to write this public response in the first place. 

Unfortunately signed,

King Antonio de Rivera, King of Hyspia, Lord of Nueva Tierra, and protector of the Hyspian People.

1808040373_SignatureofKingAntonio.thumb.png.9fdebe0482a8ff715ff6106c0045dce2.png

Hernando Altamirano reads the public letter and is quick to write a public letter in response to Carlos Mendez

Carlos,

Your calmness and courage in the face of this adversity is admirable to say the least. You have earned my most upmost and highest respect. You are truly a man of virtue and spirit. I offer my public support to Carlos Mendez and all other Mendez's who wish to leave the illegitimate apostate king. King Antonio claims to be the protector of the Hyspian people, yet his own people leave him in droves to take up the path of virtue. I pray for the day that Antonio see's the light of the most high and glorious GOD. 

These baseless claims of which Antonio has pushed against the most honorable Carlos Mendez is arguably the most heinous crime of which a leader can commit. If you can call Antonio a leader in the first place, he claims to be the rightful ruler of Hyspia yet contains no virtue or spirit that Cesar had. I was but a young boy when the canonist church stepped in on Hyspia's behalf and saved Antonio and Hyspia. Antonio repaid them by abandoning the one true faith for his own personal gain. Therefore I too add my name to the public denunciation of the fake apostate "king" who is nothing of the great man of his father. GOD have mercy on Antonio's soul and the souls of which still follow this man on a false path. May GOD have mercy on the apostates of Norland. May GOD bless you Carlos and all other people who follow in your foot steps. May GOD bless Hyspia, and the Church. 

Signed

Father Hernando Altamirano. 

Santiago Chicote would read the letter, full of disgust for Antonio more so than ever before. "Why should our fellow Hyspians do this to each other, Antonio is a threat to the true Hyspian dream and Code of Hyspia. Carlos is a dear friend of all of us, he is what I would call a true Hyspian, and he has to be treated this way?! God bless Hyspia, down with the Apostate." 

"Why even bother with this beggar, apostate king?" Dionisius would wonder.