[PK] Spark of Rebellion and Sorrow

PixlHoopa

Spoiler

First PK (probably not the last though), so I thought that this song fit.

Koryn Ir'ai

Born in 1720 FA

Male Halfling

Could have made it to three feet.

Finding his footing back in Arcas, Koryn went on to live in Brandybrook. Meeting friendly faces such as Isalie Gardener or Micah O'Connell, he went on to become fascinated with the outside world. After escaping his chained life in Arcas when fleeing, he did not go back to Halfling civilization, for he knew that if he did, he wouldn't be able to be who he was. Jumping from city to city, Koryn travelled Almaris in search of informational texts. Upon finding one about racism, he grew disgusted by such things and way of life. After creating the Racial Justice Guild in Sutica, friends and allies were brought together to fight the injustice. Unfortunately, a few years went by after the formation of the guild, and Koryn grew ill. His adopted daughter went to Sutica to aid with the guild in his place. He wrote in his journal to friends, important members of the guild, and the few that he called family. The records of such are since here.

Upon waking from the hand-crafted bed made by a guild member, Koryn turned to look at his desk. It was gathering dust from the lack of use. On the day of 12th of The Amber Cold, he struggled to grab his journal. His body was numb, weak, and felt as thought it could give out with every step. After walking the 10 feet it took from his bed to the desk, he sat in the small chair, looking at the desk. This feeling of pure dread was unlike any other he had experienced due to his illness. He wanted to address everyone properly, anyone who he had spoken to and anyone who aided him in some way. He began with one of his very first friends.

Isalie Gardner

Spoiler

To my first friend Isalie,

I am so glad to have met you during my lifetime. You helped me with so much, I may not even be here on my deathbed today if it wasn't for your help in Arcas. We worked together as a team, and that's what I loved about you: You always kept me going, no matter the issue we faced. Every step you took, I took with you. Every step I took, you took with me. Once I met Cynthia, my daughter, I'm sorry that I seemed to have disappeared. Upon learning of her.. existence, I did not want any harm to come to her, so I devoted my life to protecting her. Then, once she was old enough to be on her own without worry and I could choose my own path, we met again in Bramblebury. Oh, I was delighted to get to see you again. I'm so sorry that we never had that conversation I promised you. I'm more than sure that my daughter would love to speak with you and hear what you may have to say.

He dipped his quill into the ink after writing his first goodbye letter. Ink splattered on the floor, his hand shaking from worry. Would he be able to say goodbye to everyone? He had to try, or there would be nothing left of him for people to remember.

Anne Applebrook

Spoiler

To Anne, for always being someone I could talk to,

You were brilliant, in all honestly. Being the Sheriff of Brandybrook was something amazing that I admired about you. Although we grew apart over the last span of time, I still believe you were a close friend. I'm glad that we were able to share some laughs when we could. I'd say I'm sorry for becoming improper, but.. I'm not.

Koryn felt his body's movements grow ever slower with every quill stroke. But he refused to give into the weakness. He wrote as fast as he could before the timer was up.

Ignis Onfroi

Spoiler

To someone I could trust who wasn't a Halfling,

I always enjoyed journeying around Arcas with you, Ignis. We were an amazing duo that did basically whatever we could, and went practically everywhere. I don't know if you're even alive anymore, but if you are, I wanted to tell you that you were an amazing friend, and I hope that I made your days brighter when you were feeling down.

Jon Snowell

Spoiler

To the steward of Sutica who made the Racial Justice Guild possible,

I'm honored to have had your assistance with finding a place to stay in Sutica. If it weren't for you, the Racial Justice Guild may not even exist in present-time anymore. I know it's not much, but thank you. I can assure you that my daughter will continue to take my place and, of course, pay her taxes on time.

Seraphite

Spoiler

To the head of Public Relations for the Racial Justice Guild,

I wanted you to know how proud I am for taking this job. It won't be easy, as we've discussed, but I know that you can do it. If what we discussed works, then I hope you'll support my daughter with all of your strength.

Laltyl Arvellon

Spoiler

To the Secretary for the Racial Justice Guild,

Though we have not spoken much after your appointing of becoming the secretary, your knowledge will be crucial for the Racial Justice Guild. I want you to keep going with all of your might in order to keep the balance in the guild.

Raja

Spoiler

To the head of Defense for the Racial Justice Guild,

I cannot imagine what your strength will do for the guild itself. I want you to never give up, for I've seen that fire burn inside of you. I want you to keep it alight with your partner Rylleah. I know you two will do great things with your bond.

Ristion Bellure

Spoiler

To the head of the Talon's Port branch of the Racial Justice Guild,

I want you to always stay strong when leading the guild. My daughter will need assistance, I can be quite sure of that, so please. Make sure to support her, alright? I know you can do it, you're a strong man. I thank you deeply for everything you've done for me and the guild.

Feverishly, Koryn knew he was almost out of time. He decided to write one last thing before his passing.

Cynthia Snowfall

Spoiler

To my daughter Cynthia,

I love you. I want you to grow to be a strong woman who can lead the Racial Justice Guild with confidence. It will take time, and effort, but you're my daughter. I believe in you and your strength. You're a good young woman, and I want you to always know that I love you. You're to lead the guild where I cannot.

The ink spilt on the ground as Koryn's arm came crashing down. He took one last look at his journal before his eyes shut. It was time for him to move on.

Koryn's legacy will live on through the Racial Justice Guild.