The Hyspian Incertitude

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

3ekAoax67Ynr-kGyVaLnxFH5X6DxWL27LqZ4PX86W1eCM1Ga_nGeHiPbVZGACl3DcU2Tywbif1kfpEruwnOjbJ7mXSe2VAEQyl62LbvFcnubKn86HLmMNK75VqSpfLpyFw

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The Hyspian Incertitude

Written by Father Basil Moroul

Throughout my ecclesiastical career I have heard vague mentions of the Hyspian people, first from cardinal Laurence Jrent and then from many others; it grew to become a household name. Though I never sought to pay it any mind and believed it just another village that will inevitably vanish with the winds of time, however I was mistaken. I did not realise how far their culture and ideals had spread, several settlements of people calling themselves Hyspians. Much to my pleasure there were more than just two groups of people branding themselves as proud canonists, professing their love for almighty God. However this illusion of canonist unity would soon falter away as one of their previous leaders had left the canonist hyspians and converted to the dastardly and barbaric practises of the red faith, who we must not forget: tried and failed, to concoct and subsequently spread a deadly plague through the city of Johannesburg and beyond.

I try my hardest to stay out of the political realm for once you enter, there is no way out. You are sucked into a chasm of strife, plotting and are forced to commit a plethora of deadly sins just to make your way. However as a result of the recent debacle concerning the two Hyspian kings, I must open the door to the political realm and place one foot inside. With great caution and a hand firmly on the doors handle to pull myself back, I enter the Hyspian political sphere to express my concern in regards to the recent actions within the lands of Hyspia.

It saddens me greatly that we have lost a handful of former hyspian canonists who have turned to apostasy to satisfy their desires. I can be sure that the barbaric red faith keepers tempted Antonio with promises of land and autonomy, like a carrot on a stick. Sadly Antonio was unable to resist the primitive temptations of power, influence and recognition and fell down into the bottomless pit of damnation. All we can do is throw a rope down to him and hope that he has the sense to grab it and climb out before he is caught in the darkened embrace of Iblees. I weep for these lost souls and I urge you all to pray for them. However the Holy Canonist Church is not a tool used for petty back and forth arguments nor is it a tool for self preservation. The recent letter to the Hyspians published by Vice-Chancellor Pelagius and subsequent coronation of Cardinal Francisco as King-Episcopus of Hyspia is most perplexing and concerning.

I have no qualm with Cardinal Francisco, nor with the Hyspian people yet I must pen this letter for urgent clarification from his Holiness or any of the parties involved, in regards to the legitimacy of the coronation held. We are all obliged to follow and acknowledge the Codex of Canon laws, laws we expect others to follow also. All coronations require the ascent of the High Pontiff and I can not imagine that his Holiness permitted this coronation with the knowledge that it would breach canon law. Franciso still remains a sitting cardinal, clergyman, Archbishop of Sutica and the elven territories and Bishop of Osanora and other Hyspian settlements - I can not see how one man can handle all of these responsibilities whilst also tending to the responsibilities that becomes of a King. I question the legality and validity of the coronation conducted by Vice-Chancellor Pelagius on the following grounds of Canon Law:

(IV.I.4.7)

Book IV

Title I. The Sacraments

Chapter Four. Consecration

§7. Consecration celebrated for the purposes of coronation or investiture must be expressly permitted by the High Pontiff. Any cleric acting on his behalf may perform the coronation.

(II.II.1.5)

Book II. People of God

Title II. Hierarchical Constitution of the Church

Chapter One. The College of Cardinals

§5. From the moment of appointment the cardinal is bound by the duties of office.

(VI.III.7.8)

Book VI. The Preserving Function of the Church

Title III. Temporal Authorities

Chapter Seven. Ecclesiastical Officials with Temporal Authority

§8. An ecclesiastical official shall not serve as the ruler of a state, unless such a state is a holy land under the control of the Church.

I wish to reiterate, I have no ill-wishes to any parties involved but, as we expect of others, we must adhere to canon law and admit our mistakes when we make them. No man is perfect, only God is perfect. I wish to see a swift resolution or clarification by the parties involved and to explain their justification for their actions in holding the coronation of the current sitting cardinal, archbishop and bishop. This is not a personal attack on whom was coronated or to whom coronated them, it is a matter of precedent, we are subject to canon law too.

God Bless.

Edited by Basil Moroul

Edric reads the missive, and raises his eyebrows in surprise.

"Well bugger me sideways. Did they crown a pretender without even checking they were following their own laws?"

Edited by Sham404
pretender

"I'm glad that there exists a member of the Canonist Clergy that can at least acknowledge crimes that their colleagues have committed. Hopefully this will result in legal action to be taken against the responsible party involved." Arthas would mumble to himself as he reads a copy of the letter on the way home after purchasing a trinket for his beloved.

Cr. Pelagius St. Humbert shrugs, smoking a Santegian cigar within the Augustine palace as he reads the parchment published by Fr. Basil: "I was just enacting what Francisco told me, I'd presume it is his decision of as to what he might do next concerning this demanding debacle - may God guide him in doing so."

Antonio de Rivera reads over the missive, lofting a brow "Perhaps I spoke of the clergy too harshly, there are some who truly do have common sense it seems. You have my respect, Father Basil."