lotc should start a patreon

Priceflash

I believe lordofthecraft.net should start a Patreon. While you can currently donate on the server for VIP and crowns, that seems more transactional. Most people aren't gonna see value in buying crowns to buy potatoes, although they might see the value in supporting a patreon to support their favorite server. I also propose Patreon subscribers get an equivalent amount of crowns a month, with the top patron or patrons getting a special perk, cosmetic, an NPC at spawn, something. I would be much more likely to subscribe to a Patreon and leave it going, than donate an equivalent amount a month for lackluster perks, it seems dumb but I think there's definitely a psychological effect going on there (Platform with main intent to support advertisement, server costs, and development vs transactional crowns purchase with intent of acquiring ingame perks.) As someone who doesn't always log onto LoTC, I think it would also be beneficial because I wouldn't mind supporting the server forever but im not going to log on every month and buy crowns on the store, thats a lot of active effort.

Additionally, I believe there should be more cosmetic perks available for purchase with crowns that are not attached to VIP. For example, the /ding command, buyable sounds, et cetera -- mainly due to the fact that if you got crowns for subscribing to the patreon, you'd need somewhere better to spend them than on potatoes. Perhaps server wide Vortex boosts, improved global node regeneration, or other global perks could be added as well.

A big reason I think this should be implemented is because if LoTC is truly interested in growing and pursuing the Road to 500, it is going to have to do more than just reform staff teams and rules all day. Monetization on LoTC, once a main focus, seems to have taken a backseat. Players probably are not thinking about monetization or think of it negatively but factually the server needs money to survive, and money can't be invested for server growth if it doesnt exist. 

Idk if patreon takes a cut of the earnings but if so, alternatives such as stripe or paypal subscriptions could be used.

@Lliradd this suggestions no balls

yeah tbh i'd probably throw a small amount at a monthly patreon. not much, but more than the $0 a month i've been giving for the last 8 years since i last donated

i mean i don't see the issue with having one, but they might as well just make the vip perks and purchasable consumable things more appealing imo, as they've been pretty lackluster for a while and haven't seen much attention :(

like, is the graphic when you hit the store button on the top of the page even up-to-date? why even have this chart and obscure the link to the actual store?

This seems like a good idea. Currently VIPs are a train wreck. 500€ for cosmetic nothing is absolutely wonk. 

5-10€ a month is not even bad. Would also assume more people would do that versus buy a 500€ rank filled with but empty promises.

Onlyfans?

Il give a pound a month if i get bathwater