Carrying On

GMRO

CARRYING ON

363 ES

2aH0Sg9FQmGOpOM1tHCuYJD3WSK2vllLCmyUpNZfIxcKQxibI9Wri4hutm0t8XhHmfPHM84HZQGHWQ_XSOgmJhxw1p0fuFjYJmsErq-OCWdDNFhWSA1Gl5RmimE9LQQqxbZYV52F

In a surprising circumstance, I take on the mantle of Palatine from Lady Marcella Barclay. She and I had worked together for quite a while under the capable leadership of Konstantin Wick, and I have the utmost respect for the accomplishments both have managed to achieve in the assistance of leading the kingdom. Both will be remembered for the great vigour they brought to their roles and inspired others. 

For some, I will imagine that my advancement to this highly respected office will come off as worrying. My career in politics as temporary speaker to my conduct inside of the Duma has admittedly been shaky and at times disrespectful. I only know to apologise for such, and encourage those who are wary of me to bring their concerns to me. We are all in the belief that what we do is for the betterment of our kingdom, and whilst there will always be disagreements on how to best achieve this, my promise is to always reach out to the conflicting opinion. Arguments are good for progress, and solutions are found in an eventual compromise.

As everyone who lives in their own time, I believe we are reaching a critical juncture of history for the kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska. We were given our freedom from the empire where we were quick to point out its flaws and how the identity of vassal-kingdoms was squashed whilst failing to grab hold of our old traditions as they slipped away. I aim to continue the policy of Marcella in enhancing and cultivating our subculture such as those of Valwyck and Reinmar as well as to revive our old traditions and festivals. I aim to assist the king in the expanse into the Attenlund and ensure its influence is felt in our lands. I aim to investigate the ailing institution of our nobility, and ensure that one of Haense’s most critical institutions is in a position of growth rather than degradation. In closing this, I promise that I will always strive to set Haense on a forward path, establishing a cultural goal - and beyond that, I will accomplish much more.

TIZ VE WIKLEYZ I JOVE AG KOENG,

His Excellency, Maric var Ruthern, Lord Palatine of Hanseti-Ruska, Margrave of Greyspine, Count of Metterden, Baron of Rostig

nPwEtKTT7erI_zhJS3jxPcmO4DuTWw_oGmwXxlMf7WbKNO-biFcn4m-e9uKwikcVPo6IT0TjS2Mh4dVdxosvXQkvBajVPSte2yrJCTXJTv009ayvBLi7Csd-zUmvJE4y_Y7eMVwB

Erich Barclay claps as he hears of Maric's come-up "Woooo go Chieftan Rutharn!" he cheered before taking a moment to think, just before realizing as he wondered "Wait... what happened to Tante?"

It wasn't hard for Heinrik Karl to find a replacement for the previous Lady Palatine. The experiment of bringing in someone new, young and fresh didn't work out as he had planned it. It was not a setback, quite the opposite: a chance, a lesson and an opportunity.
Haense was strong, Haense was flourishing. And with Maric by his side, an advisor who has seen many things, Haense would succeed. 

2 minutes ago, Rudi said:

It wasn't hard for Heinrik Karl to find a replacement for the previous Lady Palatine. The experiment of bringing in someone new, young and fresh didn't work out as he had planned it. It was not a setback, quite the opposite: a chance, a lesson and an opportunity.
Haense was strong, Haense was flourishing. And with Maric by his side, an advisor who has seen many things, Haense would succeed. 

Franz Leopold, the King's Uncle, notes that Maric is actually only a year older than Marcella.

3 minutes ago, Gusano said:

Franz Leopold, the King's Uncle, notes that Maric is actually only a year older than Marcella.

Heinrik Karl, Prince Franz's nephew, pointed out that this was a lot in dog years.

Tatiana vas Ruthern finally bathes to celebrate her papej becoming Palatine! 

“Carry on Carrion!” Comments progressive priest Ferdinand of Ponce.

Corbin Wick seems rather pleased with this letter, a clear smile pressed into his lips as he finished the paper. He'd set it down to the table before him and lean back, beginning to hum a quiet Wick folk tune as he plans his next moves accordingly.