Journey Into Mystery: The King of Hanseti

Maur

Journey Into Mystery

The King of Hanseti

The year is 1810 and festivities celebrating Philip Aurelian and Amadea Ulyssa union go into their second day with the Anthosian fair. Today Virgil stands as a fully fledged fourth brigade member, personal guard of the Imperial Household. The youth has made his way from Recruit to Ensign in a matter of years as well as an renowned architect of the Empire. Today a discovery will be made, one that can possibly change the life of the young DeNurem and perhaps the world.

---

Virgil DeNurem stands at John Pruvia’s side. Keeping an eye on participants dressed in Teutonic Order plebeian uniform undercover. “To think this all occurred hundreds of years ago, John. The foundation of what our Empire was founded on was on men who wore these tabards proudly.” He stood there watching as men in White Rose and Teutonic Order tabards cheer and drink to their delight. “A distant memory now.” 

He turned his gaze over to watch the court jester get dunk into a vat of water leaving him completely soaked smiling widely “Your Highness,” called a voice from aside. John speaking up, “Viscount. I am no royal.” As the two searched for the voice. They would find themselves looking at a man cladded in full Teutonic Order plate. Though this wasn’t one of the ancient Teutonic Order era, but of the third founding sporting a highly decorated winged Hochmeister helmet gilded with gold. It’s iconic wings imposing power to those around with a single glance. He approached the two with his gaze focused on Virgil. "Virgil, you know this man?"

“Your Highness,” the Sariant said firmly. The black slits of his helmet projecting a grim feeling. “You’re sorely mistaken, sir. I am only a soldier.” The Sariant grumbled, “As a true DeNurem would be, your hair, your eyes.. I am not mistaken with my words. My travels have led me here and I’ve watched you three. I just had only hoped Alaric would have made it to see this day.” The former soldier shifted one leg forward, reaching for the hilt of his blade. “Who are you? Enough with the theatrics.” 

The Sariant shook his head moving a hand onto the flap of his satchel. “There's none here, Viscount Pruvia. Simply returning what was stolen from Virgil and his family. I am Hochmeister Franz Vladov of the Third Founding Chapter. We’ve been searching for you since the discovery of the prophecy foretelling your coming as told by the Azog orc, or as they call him The Great Green Prophet. Our order was founded on The Rock on the realm of Axios by Sergei Vladov and his daughter Camille Vladov, a distant memory to many of the men who now inhabit these lands. Many forget, especially the men who claim to be Hanseti in this realm today. Though we haven’t. We never forgot our mission and I believe mine and my ancestor’s journey has finally come to an end here. The Sariant pulled a piece of parchment from the flap unraveling it before the DeNurem. 

“It seems fate has plans for you if you have made it this far, Virgil. All of this has led us to this very moment. The exile rescuing you from the fire... Alren and Alaric arriving in Oren. The reunion of the three DeNurems. It’s all as the Great Green Prophet has prophesied. Though it seems we all arrived here by strange circumstances.” 

"Rather than the Teutonic Order finding you, the exile did, your mentor.. One of the non-believers of the prophecy at one point until he deserted to seek the Great Green Prophet himself demanding answers. There I suppose he found them as it drove him to make his way to war camp outside of Helena and enlisted under Simon Basrid’s Gunners.”

“You watched on that day as the Gunners marched to meet the Emperor and so did he knowing you would be there. All it took was one look and I must agree. Unmistakable. From there on all it took was to orchestrate events around your life so that will find yourself in the I.S.A.”

“Your Highness, Virgil DeNurem, we return the Kingdom of Hanseti into your hands and the House DeNurem. This here proves it as stated by the Barbanov King; renouncing his title and his House’s claims to the Kingdom of Hanseti and bestowing it upon my ancestor Sergei Vladov who undertook the mission to restore the Kingdom under a DeNurem.” He pauses, his gaze looking over to John Pruvia briefly before turning back to Virgil. Exclaiming directly to the DeNurem, “That DeNurem is you, Virgil. A simple soldier who enlisted in the army as a recruit and rose through the ranks as any other man would. Now King if you so wish it.” The Sariant lowered his head, removing the winged hochmeister helmet from his head, both hands clasped onto the sides of his helmet as he locked eyes with Virgil. A hairy man, long hair that falls to his shoulders with a thick black beard makes up his visage. “Your crown.”

“I- I- am no King. I wasn’t raised in a royal family nor was ever destined for such a thing.” He said feeling as if the crown was forced onto him, though willingly accepting it.

“Every man's life is a fairy tale written by god's fingers. You heard this haven’t you? Live your life as shown to be. A tale to be told.”

Leaving no time for Virgil to reply, the Hochmeister turned, whistling loudly into the crowd. Men dressed in Teutonic Order apparel hidden among the festival goers were drawn out towards the palace’s gate house. “Our tale is finished, Virgil. Now it’s up to you to write the pages turning to this new chapter.”

All around known realm pamphlets would find themselves distributed. Revealing the long lost decree of the Barbanov King in Axios. - signed Hochmeister Franz Vladov of the Teutonic Order

((All RP above is completely kept between those involved. The only thing revealed to the Public was the Stephen's Colloquy post))

@Gusano

"BLYAT?!" Screams Father Ferdinand as he reads the missive from underneath the bed of Prince Franz Barbanov. The priest immediately goes to cover his mouth, hoping the Prince did not hear his scream.

Verily, then, would it come to pass that an aged Raev of grizzled persuasion would happen upon such a missive. A worn and muddied gauntlet would come to rest upon the simplistic pommel of a rugged blade, the countenance of this man concealed 'neath a thick cloak of hide and time-worn maille, above which had been donned a cuirass and gorget of hardy Ruskan steel. A hand, gently, would brush against the tattered parchment, before tearing it from the board it had been nailed upon.

"Va Krusae Zwy Kongzem, Joedensk Ve Heretic. Let slip zhe hounds of war, fur den Koeng.

He stalked off within the tempest he found himself in, called to a Path once again. 

Igor Kort, the Lord Speaker of Haense, read the pamphlet with much amusement. He then threw it on the fire below his pot as he boiled his potatoes "There, at least now it can serve as tinder" he said before watching the boiling potatoes with much more care than he did reading the pamphlet.

Konstantin drops down from the chandelier of Franz's bedroom, mouth agape.

Alexander de Joannes laughs, "You hear this Kazimar?" He continued to laugh slapping his knee. "Aleskandra went on a hunting trip for 4 saints months!"

Stefan Vyronov II looks over the missive with confusion written all over his face "Was there like a massive influx of paper that people suddenly needed to use? They seem to be putting out any nonsense nowadays"

@Piov

Lukas Vanir scoffed at the missive. "Marius, look at this, they want to use that letter your son wrote while you were still king!"

"The title was already in Courlandic possession by that point, I do believe," Ailred mused.

A bead of sweat rolls down Ailred's brow as he uncovers some troubling documents in the archives.

Spoiler

Oswald didn't attend the meeting nor can he read, so he does gate duty.

Somewhere in the land, an illiterate peasant begins to vibrate in excitement at the talk of a kingdom for the Teutons