Smoke in the wind [PK]

Maevlin

Charlotte Baruch had finally gathered enough energy to leave Valwyck. Her years of battling her lungs had drained her to the point where she looked more like a child than a grown married woman with four children. Having grown tired of her temporary room in Valwyck, she headed into Karosgrad. Her family had been around the square when she finally walked over, loathing the fact she had to use a cane to get around when her children or husband weren't there. After speaking with them for awhile standing, the group had managed to sit at a table in front of the tavern. Her son Ruslan was challenging people to arm wrestling with his sister Adryana cheering him on. She leans over to her husband, who had been smoking a cigar.

"I need you to follow this to a T." She hands him her will, written not long after her brother-in-law passed.

"Wha', are ye going to keel over?" She just smiles at him, knowing it was already coming. She could see her older brother who she named her youngest son after, motioning her to join him. She saw her father and mother behind him, waiting for her. Her cousin Eleanor was off to the side, shaking her head "Ich told you, this would be your end." Ele was right, her smoking finally caught up to her.

"Take your goddamn time joining me on the other side." She starts walking towards her family, not knowing it was her husband trying to get her to the clinic to get help. She looks at her children one last time, smiling knowing that they'll grow to have their own soon enough, and she'll watch them from the other side. She faces her husband, looking one last time before saying, "Good bye my love. Watch them for me." And like that, Charlotte Baruch joins her family in the Seven Skies.

LQFtLx6O3H40byQlSWQ_TlpkOUiByte62dJ-OxZaFgNKOhbg8EGlx3jHzaOuWntniPOJRDQuPuXX0MlMD3jsRT4JuGc1e4isWU6B7Ok6lAI9gC8SmOcjHRKLk5RGnoMgz5_DVsDwOIbV2iZ2a6_PG_3FacWJVdRna_lV3Gz_ETZtjTrCVS0C7aHfDMG7Iij-JSzSu4hthGVS056VQZMnoZ8UbymvKj-GoM1YOMci7bv9Jr9Ym0cdB4NbSmwi7N7a_wbP1z5sXInpz0aY

Charlotte Irena Baruch nee Amador

1769 FA - 15 SA

From Ashes, We Rise

Edited by Maevlin

Oswald would release a single tear hearing of this news 😢

Friedrich would light up one of the special cigars that Charlotte had gifted him, this was an occasion that warranted it.

Ingrid Barclay read the letter that had been delivered to her. Her cheeks stained with tears as she did so. She regretted not having gone for more visits to Charlotte. Her favourite aunt of them all, she had looked up to her and always looked forward to her visits when she was stuck in the amador manor while young in Arcas. 

"Why her, Godan? Why?" she questioned, clutching the letter to her chest to try and feel one more hug from her beloved aunt.

"I'll make vy proud, Charlotte" she would whisper into the night.