[✗] [Magic CA] Perennial Souls - The Timeless

Mr. Etan

Spoiler

Anyone miss the old days of slapping some sick music on lore?

0FWfBiqZ3a0Qf04H2zmZugHsjthhtYnaRAdPbm9PHPRps_ogeVNIeqmZfnYBLWe9MRklozPSFWkdVwCoOSqV0i11irY8qwOEgPoylCAbBqGBUC9c6ateOMkApPXHyOrlF86TJc--

“The Timeless”

KZV9FJtQqYhwio1x75Plhaq521_nskejhECgFzGTacN0Bcdkv9_naKTfAOK7lOwBkXC-q8nNAi7EXzZtcZaOXrQXn__0bK70xpOCI2khMtE3qkoJEYZyktHGG8-4AN1otK5oBpyA

(Art by Maksim Krapht)

Origins - 
Timeless the chaos may be. Endless. But only me. My words echo my mind as I peer into the starless sea. Who am I? Where am I? These questions race my thoughts as before I begin to feel. A chill shivers down my body and I feel as if I'm floating. Suddenly pain strikes me as life flows through my veins. It burns. My body labors for air yet my lungs refuse such. Then light.

-A soul reborn in the Void

A Perennial Soul is a Voidal Mage who has gone through the passage of the void and fully enveloped their soul exposing it and twisting it together with the endless chaos. The soul becomes forever changed in return the mortal coil is granted familiar features of the void such as timelessness and eternal life.

• You must have [5] Magic Slots dedicated to Voidal magic in order to complete the ritual to become a Perennial Soul. 

• The ritual must be learned through a self teach altar upon obtaining such the mage is granted an [FA] signifying they know how to forge perennial souls. It takes [5] Voidal Mages with at least [1] MA at [T5] in order to complete the ritual and turn a descendant into a Perennial soul. The target mage being turned into the Perennial Soul or one of the participants must have an [FA] for the ritual. 

Physical Description

The mortal body of a Perennial Soul is very similar to the body of their original mortal form. Where the soul begins to corrupt itself with the void blood their heart is replaced with a voidally tainted version pumping endless mana into the bloodstream to funnel mana into the body. Their eyes turn a shade of the mage's Aura Color and begin to glow gently while their veins pierce the skin with a soft glow the color of their aura in dark lighting. 

• The body of a Perennial Soul is completely unchanged except for their eyes and blood. Their eyes change to a shade close to their aura color and glow gently whilst their blood turns the color of their aura and their veins will glow through their skin in dark lighting.

• These features are especially prominent in dark lighting. Failure to emote these signs of being a Perennial Soul without proper lore to mask such will be considered powergaming. The magic blood may be collected and bottled as liquid essence. 

• Due to the arcana flowing in their blood Perennial Souls all effects of alchemy that requires to be ingested / breathed and alcohol are nullified.

A body formed of flowing arcana comes with a mix of benefits and hardships. The flowing mana sustains the voidally forged body allowing the Perennial Soul to survive without food, water or air as well in harsh temperatures of heat or cold the body remaining naturally at a stable temperature. However due to the magical nature of the body thanium would not only cause wounds that felt as if they were cut by white hot iron but its poisoning would be an agonizing death lasting minutes as they felt the pain of being burned from the inside out. Atop of this if the Perennial Soul was ever to walk into a Ward Shield they would be unable to pass as it acts as a physical wall despite the caster not knowing the makeup of the soul and any abjurations shot at the perennial soul would physically strike them akin to light punches.

• Perennial Souls do not need to eat, drink, breath or sleep and their bodies stay at a natural stable temperature despite the environment around them. They are still able to be killed by any mundane means and upon death their body returns to the void.

• Thanium forged weaponry feels like white hot iron upon the Perennial Souls flesh and thallium poisoning would effectively kill the Perennial Soul in an agonizing death.

• Ward Shields will physically stop a Perennial Soul akin to being a physical wall and abjurations will strike the Perennial Soul much like a small punch.

• Any lore that has a critical destructive effect on voidal magic will have a negative effect on Perennial Souls. For example Druidic Blight Healing would effectively kill the Perennial Soul with enough exposure. 

Mental Description -
The mind being part of the soul becomes warped by the void's touch slowly bending and inevitably being addled by various mental complexes and issues to a point where they may become entirely a different person. The following are examples of mental complexes that the mind may warp into.

• Complexes around Immortality / Being a god. You might find yourself a higher and mightier being as you cheat death and mortality.

• Absolute obsession to the void. You might view it as a god, an ultimate source or even a deep poetic lover of your soul. 

• A complete personality change. You may go from a kind hearted soul to an outright abrasive and chaotic being for example.

• A sudden and very deep set phobia which may spark absolute fear, terror or fighting instincts. 

• A fractured memory and mind. You may have your memories torn and ripped apart by the void only allowing you to recall partial bits leaving you to ultimately believe you’re a new being.

• A sudden ability to understand Moonspeach though they find themselves speaking the odd tongue every now and then without realizing it. 

The Perennial Soul may come up with other odd complexes and mental warps. While they need to have at least one major change to their mental being they do not need to have every detrimental effect. 

Abilities -
The core ability that the Perennial has is Voidal Rebirth which is the source of their magical body and timelessness. 

[Non Combat/Combat][Passive] - Voidal Rebirth

Creation of the Perennial Soul comes from the ritual known as Voidal Rebirth. The first rebirth of a mortal decedent is a discovered ritual where 5 Masterful Voidal Mages gather around their target and focus on them. The leader of the ritual tears a rift to the void directly within the mortal and their body collapses into the rift and slowly gets destroyed ultimately killing them. After a few moments to those in the ritual but what felt an eternity to the now Perennial Soul the newly created timeless body is spit from the rift reborn in their new form. 

• The creation ritual must have one participant with an [FA] for the ritual. It requires [1] target and [5] voidal mages with [1] T5 voidal magic and any of these individuals can be the one with the [FA]. If the target does not have [5] magic slots dedicated to voidal magic the soul is shredded into pieces ultimately killing the target causing a PK. This ritual cannot be cast without OOC permission of the target.

• Once Rebirthed the Pellenial Soul spends the next day finding their bearings and recuperating as their body is freshly forged and weak. They regain full strength after a few narrative days. Their new body is a carbon copy of the mortal one and all scars, marking and the current age of the body remains and is locked as such.

Rebirth of the Perennial Soul also happens upon death. Their body including any remains and parts is ultimately consumed by the void once their mana lifesource is fully gone leaving behind a pile of their belongings. From there the mortal body is reborn again and created in the void where it will remain until ripped back into the material realm by their fellow mages. The longer the reborn Pellenial Soul remains in the void the more Voidal Mages it requires to rip them back to reality. 

• Upon death all remains including heads, limbs, so forth are returned to the void. If the Perennial Soul is ever dismembered the removed limb will vanish into the void and they will remain without the limb until death and rebirth. 

• Upon rebirth the body has all the scars, markings and amount of limbs that were there at the creation of their Perennial soul. This means if they for example were made with one arm and they lose their second arm and then die they only return with one arm.

• Revival of a Perennial Soul requires a ritual of [4]+ Voidal Mages with at least [1] MA that is T5 in which they forcefully rip their desired Perennial Soul out of the void into reality. At least one participant must personally know the Perennial Soul they desire to revive or the ritual will fail.

• For every OOC week that the Perennial Soul is not revived and trapped in the void it requires [2] more Voidal Mages at a cap of 10 Voidal Mages. If nobody revives the Perennial Soul they are effectively “soft PKed” and left to be shelved until revival.

[Non Combat/Combat][Ability] - Create Monolith

These twisted souls have an innate ability to twist the mana within a Voidal Obelisk and forge it into what has come to be known as a "Monolith" - the hearts of Voidal Heaths. These structures will float five to ten feet in the air and will remain in the spot they were created. Depending on how many mages help the perennial soul in its creation the influence of the Monolith will grow and the primary type of magic imbued into it will determine the properties of this monolith.

Monoliths will create an area known as a "Heath" which will take the properties of the primary magic that forged it such as an elemental evocation or translocation for example. If not contained in a structure it will begin to corrupt the land around the creation causing the local flora and wildlife to take odd qualities of the primary magic in question. Inside these man made Heaths voidal beings and constructs will find ease and peace and mages who cast the particular magic that makes up the properties of the Heath have a much easier time doing so.

• These Heaths can grow in size depending on how many mages assisted the perennial soul. A group of 1-4 will make a heath of 10x10. A group of 5-8 will make a heath of 15x15 and a group of 9-10 will make a heath of 20x20. The look and properties of these heaths should match the primary magic forged into the monolith but its design is ultimately up to its creators.

• Man made Heaths will not defend themselves and the Monolith may be destroyed with the same force an Obelisk takes to be destroyed as well as magics that can heal voidal corruption can be used to undo the creation of the Monolith and its influence. Non voidal mages will find themselves rather nauseated after prolonged exposure to the Heath where as Voidal Mages will be fine. Voidal beings and Constructs will feel at peace and if they require mana to live such as Atronachs they will passively recharge.

• If a voidal mage casts the particular magic that makes up the Heath (example: Fire Evocation) they will use much less mana. This is considerably useful for lessons. Mages use only 1/4 of their mana when in the influence of the Monolith and casting the particular magic.

[Non Combat/Combat][Ability] - Bind Greater Focus

With their new found closeness with the void these perennial souls have the ability to reach out into the very center of the most mundane objects that may be used as an Arcane Focus and leave a mark of the void within them. This ultimately creates a deep bond between the caster and their focus granting them soothing comfort when close to their focus as if it was a source of true relief. Casting with these Marked Focuses the mage finds that the strain of casting their first few spells are completely nullified though this effect will not return until the next narrative day.

• Perennial Souls may gift a Voidal Mage with a deeper connection to their Arcane Focus. This gift only works with the mage it was made for and if it is being used in their hands following the rules of casting implements. They would feel relaxed and calmer around these tools however it does not keep them from feeling panic and fright for example.

• The gifted focus allows the mage using it to nullify the use of their mana the spell pulling from the mana pool bound into the focus instead. The wand starts with 3 "points" after a narrative day. T1-2 spells reduce 1 point. T3 spells reduce 2 points. T4 spells reduce 3 points. T5 Spells do not use any points and will not benefit from this. 

• Follows all the same rules of casting implements. These particular ones will need to be Story Lore signed and in the description should say who the tool is bound to. A tool being "bound" does not keep it from being stolen or broken it will simply only work with the one its bound to. 

Red Lines -

• The ritual must be obtained by being taught or through a self teach altar. It takes 5 players with at least 1 MA in Voidal Magic that is T5 and 1 target with 5 magic slots dedicated to Voidal Magic slots and one participant must have the [FA] for the creation ritual. Creation requires OOC consent.

• Perennial Souls are 100% still killable by mundane means such as bleeding out, being frozen or burnt to death. They only do not have to eat, drink, breath, sleep and they can survive environments such as harsh blizzards or hot deserts (Extreme Environments that can kill a mortal being such as a fire storm or sub zero ice storm will still kill them)

• The physical and mental changes must occur. You must have the physical changes and at least one major mental change. The physical changes must be RPed correctly. (I.E glowing eyes in the dark, etc)

• The Perennial Soul will drop all items on death that are not bound to the soul by specific lores or stored in the void - your body being taken away by the void does not preserve your items. 

• Revival requires a ritual - of course reviving someone without proper reason to assume they died is considered metagaming. Proper reason can easily be the Perennial Soul has not been seen in a while where they might have been usually around. It requires at least 1 part of the user ritual who knows the person.

• Upon creation of the CA the current state of your mortal body is copied into the twisted soul. This means they will always be revived with the same age, amount of body parts and markings/scars as the day they became this CA. 

• Once you become a Perennial Soul the character is LOCKED into Voidal Magic. They CANNOT go under having all 5 slots dedicated to Voidal Magic.

• There is absolutely no reversing Perennial Soul transformation. Obviously you may replace known Voidal Magic MAs with another Voidal Magic MA. 

• PK Clauses do not affect Perennial Souls as they cannot be permanently killed unless the event or lore makes absolute sense i.e something that absolutely rips apart the mortal soul and void apart.

• Perennial Souls can’t have children as their body is technically not real, it's a re-creation of magic. 

• The character knows when they died but they absolutely cannot recall the events leading up to their death due to the twisting void. If a player commits suicide the bond between mortal soul and void is immediately shredded due to the sheer willpower it takes to kill oneself resulting in a PK via absolute destruction of ones soul. 

• Anything not directly mentioned that becomes a glaring problem which can lead to a form of abuse by the lore can be amended by the Lore Team.

Credit:

Toxcat - Author

Johann - Idiot who "Helped"

OOC Note:

This lore was created to make a proper CA to allow two things: Those with short lifespan races have a path to fun roleplay "Immortality" and allow people who partake to have a more lore friendly revival system which forces group roleplay and involves multiple people. This is an entirely optional CA with no benefits to a Voidal Mages abilities simply offering more narrative to a personas story.

Change Log:

-Removed open CA

+Requires to be Taught or Acquired though an ST Altar.

+Added to the Mental Effects
+Added "Create Monolith"

+Added "Bind Greater Focus"

Archon speedrun.

Also I did help >:((

not real lore unless you make the redlines an obnoxious colour

Just now, Parion said:

not real lore unless you make the redlines an obnoxious colour

I hate how true this is

2 minutes ago, Tox said:

I hate how true this is

;)

nicely written though, man

My homie tox wrote this in the past 3 hours. Calling him out

2 minutes ago, Deer__ said:

My homie tox wrote this in the past 3 hours. Calling him out

He wouldnt even give me time to review his grammar
Dog_u - Discord Emoji

I really think this is a creative form of immortality for voidal magic as it means to gain access to this a mage has to join a community and therefore promotes roleplay.

reservedd

Archon V.2

I understand the intention, I really do, and I don’t think that this is by any means “bad,” but it just doesn’t have much going for it in my opinion besides immortality. No neat cantrips, no rituals, just not much that encourages roleplay with others besides the revival system.

That being said, I also have a problem with this being open. Even if the ritual can only be learned through roleplay, I imagine it will easily spread far and wide in a similar manner to Squak’s Voidal Feats and thus succumb to oversaturation and create some really unenjoyable RP.

EDIT: decided I’d add a bit more to this. I personally think that it’s just best to give up on the pipedream that quite a few have of some sort of Voidal Magic CA. Considering the current state of Voidal Magic and the recently released feats that Squak wrote, I think that stuff like this just adds more fuel to a fire that can’t be extinguished unless executive action is taken.

image0.png

Edited by Philposting

Too short, no depth, stupid name. I don't like it.

Edited by gameingg

im gonna toxpost necromancy tomes around the map 

3 hour lore. The lack of focus given to it is noticeable.