The Boy in Chains

Aengoth

Sorrel aimlessly wandered the pristine white corridors of the Bastion, trying the handles on each airtight vault door and ironclad defensive cordon. His mouth gaped in quiet awe at the marvel of Sutican engineering.

Lukas Castile celebrates with Caius' noble escape, listening to his story, "I spit on those immoral Imperials, how could they justify arresting a child?"

Owyn de Joannes embraced his brother once he saw that he had escaped, even teaching him one of the many traditional Sedanian celebratory dances.

Edited by Emery

Kavrel ponders if he should get a job at the ISA. After all he was for an hour the only gate guard on duty.

The High Keeper hummed quietly, taking a long moment to consider what she'd heard through the rumor mill. "So... The Imperials captured a child so young as to still be clinging to his mother's skirts, hid inside from the lot that took issue with that, and then called it a win? Sounds like one of those storied 'decisive Orenian victories' I've heard so much about." The woman then nodded, and wrote the information down before storing it in a file labeled 'Comedic Material for Political Meetings'.

A woman of Illatian descent scrunches up her nose as she'd read the missive, shaking her head. "Imperials at it'a again."

Alex cheers at his victory.

Ezyl Grey plucks cornflower petals as she reads the missive.

"This is not the first time they have taken a child hostage, nor will it be the last. At least they did not torture this one." She'd murmur to Greyhound. "Orenian Kindness." The words were bitter, just as her memories of stories she had heard were.

"I still remember the stories my brother told me, of what they did to him and to my sister before my birth. They were younger than even this child is."

"But, this is not something in which I can partake. The nations must settle their own quarrels." She'd pat his back, heading off on another unknown adventure. 

Edited by rukio

Lucien would look upon the paper with a laugh, "It seems a lot has changed since Arcas, at least the ISA had the courtesy to interact with us and the Orc's when we had to retrieve the body of a child from Morsgrad. It seems that the walls of Providence are due for a promotion!"

Gu Tie reads the missive while experimenting in the forges of Urguan, he furrows his brows at the words scribed upon it.

“This is the ‘strongest military force in Almaris?’ The ‘most noble of men?’” the Li-Ren comments to himself in a conflicted manner.

“This is neither strong nor noble.”

Joseph Gaultier calmly goes to sit in the Haense Tavern after a long day of soldiering receiving word of a child layed in bonds and threathened with death by the ISA the man setting up a heavy frown "Wot dah fok es 'appenin in dat empiah?" a simple shake of his head was offered as the Heartlander ordered a well deserved carrion black

A dwarf by the name of Dravil stares at a drunkard who cursed the orenian army their name Dravil perking a brow with a faint chuckle "Fokin proidefull ***** et at egen eh?" before he waves it off with a shrug "Wots new oi s'ppose"

Bryldryn Grandaxe shakes her head in disgust upon reading the missive. 

Captain Viktoriya rolled her shoulders back as she tore through the barriers that'd been placed along the walls. She shook her head, watching as that boy they'd detained fled toward the horizon. A fretful pout had marked her visage, that elderly woman still trembling as she caught sight of the execution in the Bastion's courtyard.

"Godspeed, young Caius. I pray this all blows over," she remarked beneath her breath, fiddling with a hammer. "That poor boy."