The Committee on Public Safety

John Ivory

fZJg3IJ0u10ThmdMvhG6gHawMxpHF083Md-yP5dN-zrORtxerQW0VwBYda2qLOUHw078BibzIYLK4BZ4bF8dWhs0pr2d7wknydGJcAjUBN1kZOnxOop-Uat_bCn-ioW8UtHv1b1W

A PROCLAMATION ANNOUNCING THE FORMATION OF THE COMMITTEE ON PUBLIC SAFETY

15th of Tobias' Bounty, 1811

To Our Beloved Subjects,

In the month of Tobias' Bounty, 1811, Our peace was violated by a treasonous assault on the Imperial City of Providence, an uprising which sought to prevent by violence the execution of Our law by its responsible officers. The origins of this armed insurrection being traced to Sedan, in South Arentania, We Joseph II, by the grace of GOD Holy Orenian Emperor, do hereby proclaim the formation of a Committee on Public Safety, to be charged with the restoration of Our peace, and the destruction of costly insurrection in Our realm, which is to be sat by;

I. His Imperial Excellency, Sir Franz Sarkozy KM;

II. His Grace, The Duke of Sunholdt KCL;

III. The Rt Hon. The Count of Susa.

That this Committee be granted whatever Powers deemed necessary over all the departments of Our realm, civil and military, for the prosecution of its charge, including the raising of Generals, ordering of movements, et cetera.

That upon affixing Our title and seal to this Proclamation, those who bear the tabard or standard of Louis de Joannes be recognized as in a state of insurrection against Our realm, and subject to death by hanging.

Delivered at Augustine,

Joseph II, by the grace of GOD Holy Orenian Emperor, forever August, King of Renatus, Curon, Kaedrin, Salvus, and Seventis, Defender of the Faith, Grand Duke of Ves, Duke of Adria, Novellen and Lorraine, Baron of Renzfeld, Protector of the Heartlanders, Highlanders, and Farfolk, etcetera.

Tobias' Bounty, 1811

nzCiQFY1fMROC7eqo-daxeLN9wtdewccFeLnmwwZ1IHLl1FvOevtsUyzODe62lKigyRvvGNi5uGfEdUai2apBxa5b-gPXYA8irnHxLThIR-zJFScGfN-Zn_YL_rTRA1pqgDuZauC

Maximilien Robespierre also leads France! Vive la révolution! : civ

His Excellency the Solicitor-General applauds the Proclamation of the Emperor "A wise decision. The insurrectionists shall soon be defeated and meet their death, Your Imperial Majesty."

Ophelia Romanov began to laugh as she read those sentences. Her rosy cheeks began to redden due to how much laughter came from her figure.

”Oh how juvenile! How utterly adorable! These little hounds deem themselves competent enough to enforce such idiotic actions! It’ll be joyous to watch these submissive toys risk their lives for some lustful urge to control the civilians. Maybe their reasoning is to have more incestuous noble women at their feet. Maybe some sort of power fetish?”

12 minutes ago, Macaroniminx said:

Ophelia Romanov began to laugh as she read those sentences. Her rosy cheeks began to redden due to how much laughter came from her figure.

”Oh how juvenile! How utterly adorable! These little hounds deem themselves competent enough to enforce such idiotic actions! It’ll be joyous to watch these submissive toys risk their lives for some lustful urge to control the civilians. Maybe their reasoning is to have more incestuous noble women at their feet. Maybe some sort of power fetish?”

J. Fitzpeter approaches Ophelia outside Café Milano.

“I have a thing for insane women. I‘m an economist if it matters, by the way.“

Ophelia Romanov looked at J. Fitzpeter with a sly grin, offering them a wave 

“I wouldn’t consider myself insane, I’d call myself rather strange and fun. Tis’ truly remarkable to have a fetish for crazed women, they’re usually the best kind of women.”

Ser Gustaven von Halsfield hesitantly reads the notice, a look of great concern across his face. "Outrageous, absolutely outrageous. The Empire is implementing martial law. Soon they'll accuse anyone and everybody of being some type of rebel and execute them right then and there without any sort of trial, let alone proof of their supposed guilt. Oppose the government in any sort of fashion? They'll execute you under the guise that you're a rebel. Voice any criticism against the ISA? Same treatment. Such will be the course of action that will soon follow within the Empire. We must object to such a travesty!"

A statement from the Office of the Archchancellor, and the new Head of the Committee on Public Safety:

I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the Orenian capital. Like all Orenians I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem.

I immediately deployed the Imperial State Army and federal law enforcement to secure the city and expel the intruders. Oren is and must always be a nation of law and order.

To demonstrators who infiltrated the capital: you have defiled the seat of Orenian government. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay.

We have just been through an intense election and emotions are high. But now, tempers must be cooled and calm restored. We must get on with the business of Oren.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless Oren.

1 hour ago, ninja805 said:

Ser Gustaven von Halsfield hesitantly reads the notice, a look of great concern across his face. "Outrageous, absolutely outrageous. The Empire is implementing martial law. Soon they'll accuse anyone and everybody of being some type of rebel and execute them right then and there without any sort of trial, let alone proof of their supposed guilt. Oppose the government in any sort of fashion? They'll execute you under the guise that you're a rebel. Voice any criticism against the ISA? Same treatment. Such will be the course of action that will soon follow within the Empire. We must object to such a travesty!"

Mister Brown the Serial Toilet Obliterator nods in agreement "Yes yes! How DARE these Imperial shitstains tell me what I can and cant do. I once hit a man over the head with a plunger and they arrested me for 'assault', can you believe the AUDACITY!?" He'd shout in anger before belching.

"I'm deeply concerned and worried about our future. I understand the need to restore peace and stability to the realm, but giving executive power  to a committee the elected representatives of Oren cannot hold to account is dangerous. We can restore peace and stability without establishing martial law. Those who broke the law and committed this heinous act of domestic terrorism will be brought to justice." Comments Vivaca Rutledge "Armed violence is never the solution.”

Edited by ApplePieKathy