Advice on personal roleplay

CopOwl

Hey I'm a new player and I've been having a really fun time so far, however I find it difficult to start new personal roleplay. When I say personal roleplay, I define it as roleplay more personalised to your individual character between groups of 2-10 I would say. As an example I would put beginning a conversation, adventure, journey with someone I have never met and have only run into in town squares, passing on the road, etc. If anyone is interested in roleplaying at some point, I am very extremely down.

however, the purpose of this post is to garner advice on beginning roleplay with someone I have no OOC reason to interact with. So far my only real roleplay experiences have been community run/organised. This is fun, but infrequent and I would like to rp more often. 

- a lost player

P.S If anyone has advice on improving forum posts, I would love to hear.

P.P.S If anyone has advice on places to hangout to get into more rp I will be there :D

P.P.P.S Btw what's the procedure for messaging people (in game) about rp opportunities, for example if you've been offered a job)

P.P.P.P.S If anyone has other advice I would love to hear. (final P.S I promise)

Edited by CopOwl

I'll be down to talk and RP with you a lil - my discord's spoon#6154 if you ever want to chat

Hit my line anytime, man. Discord's slug#0001, IGN is sluggobuggo.

If you ever want more RP, CopOwl, just tell me. I'll see what I can have arranged.

I may not be the best at swarming folks with quantity of RP, but I'd like to think I can do decent quality RP at the very least.

Heyo, some advice I have is this: 
1. You can always try to incorporate a need to interact with people in your character. Like, a trader- boom you're selling items and that's a way. You could be weird, give strangers items and tada, a beginning. You could also be an interviewer and y'know interview. Those are just a few possibilities.
2. Regarding the forum posts, there are a few handy dandy edit items up top when you're typing. You could try hitting tab, bolding, italicizing, adding pictures, all that fun stuff.
3. This goes out to that second to last P.S. Birds are a thing used to communicate through long distances. I believe they're in the rules somewhere, regarding how to emote them and all that. I'll go find the link after I post this... I did not find it. It goes like this: You send three emotes to send the bird off and three emotes to receive it. Here's a quick example of it. Deshe pulls out a piece of paper and a pencil. She scribbles something down. With that done, she gives her Parrot the letter and sends him off. Okay so that was the first, here's how receiving might work. [!] Her parrot returns, landing on her shoulder with a note tied to his foot. She takes the note from the bird. She opens it up, reading over the contents within. 90% sure that's how it's done, but there's also a chance I've been doing it wrong for these past few months.
Anyways, you send a bird to a person you know icly or have been told about icly (and know where they live ii believe) and boom, you wait for a response. (Usually you can message them by doing /msg (their username) or by going to a Discord provided.) That's the best way besides walking all the way to the place with said job.
4. Feel free to hmu on LilKitten#7471

(Not sure if this is the advice you wanted but ayo here you are.)

Edited by SquishyBean

Just now, SquishyBean said:

Heyo, some advice I have is this: 
1. You can always try to incorporate a need to interact with people in your character. Like, a trader- boom you're selling items and that's a way. You could be weird, give strangers items and tada, a beginning. You could also be an interviewer and y'know interview. Those are just a few possibilities.
2. Regarding the forum posts, there are a few handy dandy edit items up top when you're typing. You could try hitting tab, bolding, italicizing, adding pictures, all that fun stuff.
3. This goes out to that second to last P.S. Birds are a thing used to communicate through long distances. I believe they're in the rules somewhere, regarding how to emote them and all that. I'll go find the link after I post this. Anyways, you send a bird to a person you know icly or have been told about icly (and know where they live ii believe) and boom, you wait for a response. (Usually you can message them by doing /msg (their username) or by going to a Discord provided.) That's the best way besides walking all the way to the place with said job.
4. Feel free to hmu on LilKitten#7471

(Not sure if this is the advice you wanted but ayo here you are.)

Thanks for all the help, rly appreciated :D

Alright dude I'm going to help you out. Okay so for these sites if you want to make more descriptive forum posts. 

https://reversedictionary.org/wordsfor

https://describingwords.io/for/

For formatting, I would suggest doing it on Google Docs first and then transferring it over.

On the roleplay aspect, the map of Almaris is quite large so sometimes you do not run into many people. The times you are able to 'bump' into people are a dime in a dozen but those times can offer great amount of roleplay.  I would caution you to not trust every interaction you make as sometimes even seemingly nice people can corner you and then ambush you. Be aware of people RPly and OOCly similar to how you navigate through life. As a new player, you are more innocent but also more vulnerable to people who could and will take advantage of you. I would suggest that you carefully choose who you befriend and make sure to see if people are being genuine. However, there are many cool stories around to be found all I suggest is a bit of caution and a more discerning eye and I believe you will enjoy your experience.

PS. Don't have too many jobs in rp or they will stress you out.

8 hours ago, Temporal said:

Alright dude I'm going to help you out. Okay so for these sites if you want to make more descriptive forum posts. 

https://reversedictionary.org/wordsfor

https://describingwords.io/for/

For formatting, I would suggest doing it on Google Docs first and then transferring it over.

On the roleplay aspect, the map of Almaris is quite large so sometimes you do not run into many people. The times you are able to 'bump' into people are a dime in a dozen but those times can offer great amount of roleplay.  I would caution you to not trust every interaction you make as sometimes even seemingly nice people can corner you and then ambush you. Be aware of people RPly and OOCly similar to how you navigate through life. As a new player, you are more innocent but also more vulnerable to people who could and will take advantage of you. I would suggest that you carefully choose who you befriend and make sure to see if people are being genuine. However, there are many cool stories around to be found all I suggest is a bit of caution and a more discerning eye and I believe you will enjoy your experience.

PS. Don't have too many jobs in rp or they will stress you out.

Thanks for the advice, very helpful! I will be careful :)