Vulen's Accord, 16 SA

Bhased

Reconciliation of Elvenesse to the Chirran

10th of Malin's Welcome, 16 SA

tEAUHmn-egvXBR0wiHMpul6jrmjHAPOnxBqgOuKCx6dI-lM103N2wxJELa8OMeKHGwOBzzKSkFyv0XQtNoiVbyfwstFAXKYhe-MIOHSHqZgmPQncTQE-zX2b42GFKttezKXshejH

~ Overview ~

Since the founding of the Isles of Almenor, we have striven for peace among Elven Folk everywhere. However dark the feuds of the past might be, they have no bearing on modern discourse and politics. The Crown of Elvenesse failed to prevent the unlawful extrajudicial murder of your son and for that we are despondent.

~ Principle ~

To the Saneyir Kairn Calithil,

Since the founding of the Isles of Almenor, we have striven for peace among Elven Folk everywhere. However dark the feuds of the past might be, they have no bearing on modern discourse and politics. The Crown of Elvenesse failed to prevent the unlawful extrajudicial murder of your son and for that we are despondent.

We apologize for the failure to convict this murderer and ensure that justice was served for the murder of your son. It should not have taken three-years to mediate this situation and the Diplomatic Service should have reached out to you far earlier. It is humiliating that we could not have reached an accord sooner regarding the situation.

To rectify this and abridge the need for you to go to war, we turned over the killer to you and allowed you to do with him as you pleased. In a rare display of mercy, his life was spared - certainly his life to him is worth more than an ear, an arm, teeth, and even his eyesight. For that we are grateful that you did not slay him on the spot for what he did - your mercy shall be repaid a hundred-fold and we shall never seek conflict with your honorable house again.

In honor of your son, we have named this Vulen’s Accord, and we offer you the following:

A shrine dedicated to your son within each city of Elvenesse that is constructed, to honor his sacrifice. He did not deserve to die and it was the failing of our own guards that his life was taken so early from him. Elven blood should never be spilled in vain, much less so hastily without evidence of a crime.

Twenty sets of armor and a wheelbarrow have been turned over to you in penance for the attempts made by our citizens on the well-being of your residents and allies. The House of Ithelanen is no longer barred from the halls of Elvenesse. They may bear their markings proudly without fear of persecution and wield their name publicly, despite the attempts that prior councillors made at outlawing such.

This decision is made for the future and the improvement of our international relations. This short war in the North has been costly for both sides, and we denounce Vulen’s murder and say that it shall not have been in vain. We promise that no such attack, slight, or persecution shall happen again within our borders.

Signed,

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS, Fëanor of House Sylvaeri, High Prince of Elvenesse,

Wielder of the Crown of Malinor, Protector of the Almenodrim and Irrinites

Evar'tir of  House Oranor, Lord Exarch of Elvenesse, nominal Prince of Caras Eldar, Adjudicator of Malchediael

Cullas “Blackstar” of House Sylvaeri, Exarch and Diplomat of Elvenesse

Edited by Bhased

"Disgusting," Lya commented, poking at her woodland firepit and casting the massive into it. "Cowards, all. These shrines to this vile crook won't last long."

Nienna Telemnar sat with her elder brother, Olorin, as they read the published accord together over a lunch of seafood stew and salted bread.

"My arrival is timed with a declaration of peace. Perhaps I carried good luck across the sea," She'd jest, humming in approval.

@Gilded

Andria paused the sharpening of her sword so that she could peruse the missive. "We shall see how long this peace will last," she uttered to herself disdainfully as she crumpled up the parchment in her fist. "Ne amount of gold will ever make up for his life. Had I been there, the Red Coyote would not have left alive."

Glanil an Iarwain stared at Kairn, nodding. “It seems your fight is over, llir. It is time I rest too.” He sauntered off to his abode, no longer planning on running forest raids for now . . .

[ @The Green Wizard]

The Sylvaeri sits, reading over the official accord. He folds the paper, laying down as he sits in his office

"Peace at last. Peace in our time."

22 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

Glanil an Iarwain stared at Kairn, nodding. “It seems your fight is over, llir. It is time I rest too.” He sauntered off to his abode, no longer planning on running forest raids for now . . .

[ @The Green Wizard]

"That much we agree on," Kairn noted with a bit of apprehension to his friend before he gripped his horse by the reigns and turned along to saunter along the roads which they had captivated for so long. He began to ride for home, the quiet breeze offering him some comfort. The roads dead and empty from years of occupation loomed in front of him as he moved from checkpoint to checkpoint to reach his ship. 

@The Green Wizard

Remember our contract, Laetranis.

That vile thought echoed through his head after he had skimmed the missive, the Dark Lord bringing his pale digits up to smoothly slick back his stark
white hairs as he turned to face the mali'ame nearby. "Kairn, as promised, I'll remain by your side for a tad longer. I'm interested to see how this plays out." He paused then, for the shortest moment.  "Do not think a shrine will be the end of this." Whether or not the fellow patriarch was listening, the figure had continued, his legs carrying himself out of the darkness of the room as he advanced towards the Druid. "The secret is time. People I've stowed great malice for now stand by my side, fighting alongside me. Time will heal Laetranis' wounds - it is only a matter of itYou will never see your beloved son again, so I made sure that he will not see his own for the rest of his days. In the long lives your people live - never, never again, will he be able to see the smile of a newborn babe brought to his clan." A finger was brought forth to point at Kairn himself, the man not giving him time to respond. "Time will affect you to. As your ally, Kairn, never let time consume you. Stow that darkness away deep into your heart, let it fester and corrupt you until it's time to reveal itself. Never forget the feeling, that cold chill you felt when you saw your son's corpse, the warmth of his pyre."

"I will be there to witness your darkness." Then, picking up his katana by its sheathe, Dark Dael went to exit the room - allowing the Kairn to ponder on his words.

Rosalia looked to the accord within her hands, her head tilting to the side as her amber gaze took in each word. "Perhaps there can be peace for us all now... I hope Kairn can find peace as well. It's not easy to lose your family..." 

3 hours ago, Anti-Citizen said:

"Disgusting," Lya commented, poking at her woodland firepit and casting the massive into it. "Cowards, all. These shrines to this vile crook won't last long."

Tanyl would scowl at such remarks, his ocean blue visage casting ire in the direction of the ‘ame.

“Silence yourself fledgling, you do not understand the venom which you spit from your foul maw.” 

The ‘aheral’s normally calm composure cracked as he turned to face her fully, the spiraling tattoos of ocean waves and a great leviathan covering his bare body pulsed with a faint blue light as he spoke. 

“Be grateful that those more intelligent than you handled this situation, otherwise it would’ve been far more bloody.”

Axilya lets out a disgusted scoff. "Oh great. They're letting a cannibal roam the city with freedom now. Hope no one eats the soup he makes..." She mumbles to herself in irritation and fury.