The Last Alimar

V80_etOP37YxFHKL98_LfQmwj2RPKbEX17JXCVT8tSRGZNq4yh5iOy3Mts1h8tqPLPs7zBH0RQa6Pu5bTJQ1uTootxsuPX8N9DhRqUOWwpenjKPLWmnwYTuvROB8XTTRZfziMLpV

Lothar I ,'The Lost', Prince of Rubern

1759 - 1812

'So windy for a cave.'

Those were the last words in Lothar's mind, as he hurtled down into the frozen abyss, past the walls of his castle with his heart cut in half. He had no care for the sting of his accomplice's knife in his back, nor the false Principality that would die with him, nor the ancient noble line of Counts, Margraves, Princes and Grand Princes that would end forever once he hit the ground. He did not dwell on his youth, as a prodigy in the Alchemic Arts, on his grand inventions nor his ambition for the future of mankind. He, for the first time in a long time, didn't even give thought to the Kingdom that had betrayed him, when he had sacrificed so much for it. 

No. Lothar Vladislav Alimar's last thinking moments were busy reflecting on the updraft as he fell into that great cavern of ice... And just how cold it would be once he hit the bottom.

And then he did,
and the last Prince of Rubern was no more.

Spoiler

((Word of the Prince's death, the coup and it's fallout are not yet be public knowledge. Hold off on the OOC smirks from the Seven Skies posts for now please!))

Once the news eventually met Alexandria Karina's ears, the aging princess bowed her head solemnly.  Perhaps it truly was best that she retired from her works as a librarian for the prince now, for she had begun to lose more and more ties in the fridged castle of Alimar and longed to spend the rest of her days in retirement with her husband and children.

The woman rose a hand to wipe a tear from her eye, a small sigh left her.  Although Lothar had grown into a hardened man, she still remembered the excitement and wonder he wore on his face as a gleeful child.  The whole world was his mystery to solve.  And she would always see him as that, even with his death.

Sir Candle feels a slight amount of guilt not having helped the HIS HIGHNESS LOTHAR VLADISLAV ALIMAR FORMER PRINCE OF RUBERN but then he thinks to himself he was better off not making enemies of the coup'ees, so long as Candle survived he was ok with it.

The roaring cry of Froki's final words rung in Tiwa's mind as she sat in Lothar's dim bedchamber and smeared the orc's blood off her leg with one of the prince's bedsheets. She picked through his desk and sorted through a collection of legal papers, past edicts, and state declarations before fishing out his copy of the Alimar coat of arms. She wrinkled her nose and carved into it with a nearby quill, pondering the orc's iron will to serve. His commitment and poetic death alongside his master brought a smile to her dark features but the sentiment quickly faded as she began to draft an appropriate declaration.

Juniper Wick felt some strange twinge in her chest as she gazed on the corpse of the man she hated, the father of her child, the one who'd ruined everything. She thought perhaps for a brief moment she had some regret in her, some feeling for the man, but the twinge was gone just as quickly as it came. She felt nothing as she turned away, leaving him to rot. She was glad he was gone.

Captain Viktoriya entered the room, sparing a glance toward the new 'Supreme Queen'. She grinned beneath her helmet, taking a moment to squint at the flattened corpses below as another plummeted. 

"Mm. Nice."

Nataliya watched in horror as Lothar was dragged to the railing without restraint. "We have to help him!" The Princess then cried out in desperation attempting to break free from Juniper's grasp "Nattie! please! he never cared about you or your family!" Juniper cried out as she kept her grasp upon her, beginning to shake her slightly to snap out of it. The Haeseni woman turned once again to watch the last Alimar plummet to his death. Several memories flashed back in her mind. Nataliya as a child would be seen sitting on the dais next to her father. Lothar would descend from the ceiling in front of them, on what appeared to be a rope and a grappling hook, holding a weird device or contraption. “Your Majesty! With this technology! I will usher in a new era of PEACE! FREEDOM! JUSTICE and SECURITY to my new Princedom!” Nataliya sat startled by the abrupt entrance of the Alimar, but highly intrigued at the same time for what he brought to her father.  Another memory came of the princess, slightly older, running around Helena without parental supervision. Lothar shifted his emerald gaze towards the child running. ”Woah there princess.” Liya stopped mid tracks, curtsying towards him.”Privej your highness!” Lothar simply dipped his head before raising a brow.”Privej young princess, where are your parents?” he inquired curiously. “Oh- uh- i escaped the palace by myself!” she nodded in a proud manner. Lothar’s raised brow then lowered before turning the princess about, ushering her along. “I see, why don’t you go back to your parents? I am sure they’re worried..” Nataliya then craned her neck backwards towards Lothar, offering him a warm smile.”Da i will!” one final memory came, when Lothar had entered the shop, Nataliya, about adult age at this very time. The time of her recent predicament of her disownment. “Ah, Your Highness.” he dipped his head in respect. The Haeseni woman offered him a weak smile, before it dropped into a frown again. “I- do nie’ go by that anymore. . . Your Highness. .” Lothar folded his arms behind his back before answering. “Yes, I heard. My apologies for your predicament, Your Highness.” The woman then opened her mouth to correct him once again. However she just simply smiled before inquiring, “Can i help you with something?” Liya finally snapped out of her day dream. Back to the frigid palace as she watched Lothar’s demise. The princess then opened her mouth to utter something under her breath. "He was just like me. . .just a poor soul who lost his papej. . . Godan have mercy on his soul." 

Rahtol Wick knew what day it was, he knew just exactly what was bound to happen this day. Through all the strife and tribulations he was put through by his Father, he could still not see him perish in such a way. The boy ventured far out of reach until the time had come. Next to a tan woman he sat, defeated knowing there was nothing he could do to stop them or his Father. 

"I still think there was a good man shrouded beneath that ego of his, no matter what he did, he was my Father through and through." he wretched out, even though his body told him otherwise.

He began towards the door, readying himself to leave back home to Rubern for the aftermath. There was no anger, there was no hatred, only an aching in his chest he could not fight.

"Perhaps he will become anew in his next life... da?" 

Nicholas issues a small sigh and a frown, sparing a moments thought before continuing with his work.

Word of the Prince’s grisly death came late to a former Alimar, and His Highness’ only living sibling, Amalie Lovisa de Sarkozy.

“I have made a great folly — I should’ve known my baby brother better... Well...” the imperialized Haeseni stammered, her speech riddled with regret, “Known him at all, actually. Perhaps we could’ve kept him safe!” she wailed before burying her tearful face into her husband’s shoulder.