How To Play a Voidal Mage - A Rough Guide

IsaaKc

Absolutely 100% agreed.

What have I done to you my son 

LT attempted to breathe a lot of life into voidal magics after the heat death of the loregames with the voidal project (and the voidal project two)

its got the groundwork for a lot of great stuff, and a lot of great stuff is being executed. rather than a "give and forget" genre of magics, it can relate from an apprentice magi, a supplement to other roleplay (other magics, cultures, niches, etc), to any form of master and archmage archetype one could imagine- with the tools to allow practically anything given marts, tears, obelisks, the feats- you could go from helping making obelisks, to making obelisks, to being the obelisk in reasonable time and fashion.

I think Voidal Magic has a ton of potential. It's gotten a ton of good additions, revamps, and amendments with just one last one coming it's way. All the tools are there, waiting to be used. 

image0.gif

NGL my favorite use of fire evocation these days is just doing magic for children, little flame characters and animals, fireworks with combustion.

But when explaining voidal magic, I always have the feeling that a ST will PM you if you don't explain the lore exactly as they deem fit. Like I can't put a spin on how my character understands and feels about the void. Because if I do, i'll get told off for not doing a robot reply from the wiki.

Edited by Jake the Dog

1 hour ago, Jake the Dog said:

NGL my favorite use of fire evocation these days is just doing magic for children, little flame characters and animals, fireworks with combustion.

But when explaining voidal magic, I always have the feeling that a ST will PM you if you don't explain the lore exactly as they deem fit. Like I can't put a spin on how my character understands and feels about the void. Because if I do, i'll get told off for not doing a robot reply from the wiki.

if you legitimately think, that the ST will gack you for rping your CHARACTER believe that x works differently than the lore states, you're just dumb. Stop making up weird lt propaganda like they're some boogeymen of lotc who are here just to ruin fun for everyone. They're not.

1 minute ago, Screecher said:

Stop making up weird lt propaganda like they're some boogeymen of lotc who are here just to ruin fun for everyone.

Yeah that's the mods, don't get the two confused.

Anyway, great post from my friend Isaac. Voidal magic is a very cool concept and allows for alot of creativity for characters to create belief systems around and it's a shame that most of the time that is ignored in favor of muh science or uwu housemagery rp.

no I disagree Isaac, I must commit to removing the word mystery from the definition of magic and make it as widespread, visible, accessible and widespread as possible. 

Watch me Translocate Voidal Magic Lore into the Void and shelve it :3

+1, a lot of really good points in this. I especially like the emphasis on making your own stuff instead of being just stereotypical weezard.

Great post, it summarises a lot of the things I grumble on about w/r to voidal magics in a concise way and hopefully players will take the suggestions on board.