Death of a Matriarch

NomadGaia

On a quiet day in the forests, a Magpie druid mourns. Nature's song hitting her and filling the estranged woman with sorrow. She stood from the nest in which she and her birds rested, the only company she kept for some time, lost in the tall woods. She excused herself quickly and brushed off any comments from her avian family, taking quiet steps down the tree and towards the stream at the bottom of her cottage. "...Awaiti.."

She was just a woman who had naught been Intune with the happenings of the Elvenesse nation but lived within its reach, enough to hear the cries from Awaiti's young. Melethre did not know how to react and fell to her knees, letting the rough earth dig into her skin and reaching her dirty hands up to her face. She cried but she had tried so hard not to let the tears fall, waves of memories of her sister hit her like a relentless tidal bouncing from the rocks on the shore. "No..."

"Why wasn't I there?" she asked herself in a low mutter, only but one specific magpie had followed her, named after her son who was long gone, and perched himself in the tree branch above. After a few hours of talking to him she had burst out in connection with the sorrowful nature around, her tears had turned into green wisps and her tattoos glowed a bright amber. With careful treads in the cold stream she made her way back to the citadel to comfort her adopted daughter Miven and the rest of the family. She tried to forget how she felt, but it was inevitable she would finally name a new born chick after Sister Orison. 

Becclain had known the Orison Druid for quite sometime, first meeting her in the Village of Siramenor back in the lands of Arcas. Even though he did not speak to her as often as he had wished, he still shared pleasant memories with the Druid- remembering all the times they had chatting around the bonfire, et cetera. "A-Another one has fallen and passed onto the next Realm... Why are so many Druii passing all of a sudden..." He'd mutter to himself whilst bringing his hand up to his chest, clenching at his chest as he let out a deep breath. He would have mourned for the loss of another Druid, a leader, a Matriarch, and more importantly- a friend. "I-I couldn't do anything to save her... I-I should have tried harder..." He'd fall silent after that...

Olórin Telemnar sat upon the paving stones along the shoreline, his eyes transfixed upon the white sea, a mahogany pipe tucked between his lips.  He felt a faint breeze skimmer across the water; something had shifted in the lands of Elvenesse.  What struck him about Awaiti were the accounts of her early life.  Her precarious stride onto the path of a Matriarch as merely a youth, and her accomplishments thereafter as she devoted her life to perpetual stewardship.  Surely, there were too few leadership figures throughout history who could have claimed to have been more altruistic.  More stubbornly devoted to their ideals, despite every obstacle they had encountered.

Or so, that was what the Almenodrin thought, his lips curled into a soft smile. "Inspirational, really. Someone ought to write a book," he remarked, puffing a wispy cloud of smoke. "Rest well, Matriarch. You should be proud of the legacy you have left behind."

Spoiler

This was written extremely well and so beautifully that it genuinely made me cry. Props to you for providing such an emotional and quality piece of roleplay ♥️