Throwing in the Basket

Anore

3 hours ago, Anore said:

I wanted to formally make this post announcing that I will be stepping down as Administrator of the Moderation Team. At this point in time I no longer feel like I can effectively hold this position and drive the server in a positive direction. Once my successor is chosen I will be handing over the reigns.

It isn't a coincidence that a decision by the admin team as a whole had to be made in order to come to a fair verdict regarding the Sedan situation in Oren, took putting a gun to your head for players to come out on top. Regardless of that though there is also a very telling wisdom in being self-aware enough to realize that, to acknowledge that, and to willingly take a step back. For that you have my respect, observation of your track record aside.

Moderation takes a heavy toll on people and it isn't easy to step away, so good luck in your retirement pal and I hope that with it you can learn to enjoy rp again without a Sword of Damocles hanging over your head.

Edited by Tiresiam

6 minutes ago, Tiresiam said:

It isn't a coincidence that a decision by the admin team as a whole had to be made in order to come to a fair verdict regarding the Sedan situation in Oren, it took putting a gun to your head for players to come out on top. Regardless of that though, there is also a very telling wisdom in being self-aware enough to realize that. to acknowledge that, and to willingly take a step back; so for that you have my respect observations of your track record aside.

Moderation takes a heavy toll on people and it isn't easy to step away, so good luck in your retirement pal and I hope that with it you can learn to enjoy rp again without a Sword of Damocles hanging over your head.

You’re pulling shit out of your ass if you think I didn’t want a war and fun experience for players to come out of this from the get go, or if you are under the Impression that I was actively working “against the players interest” you are utterly mistaken.

There was no admin verdict forcing me to do something I didn’t want to with this war, nor did this have any impact on me stepping down. 

1 hour ago, Anore said:

You’re pulling **** out of your ass if you don’t think I didn’t want a war and fun experience for players to come out of this from the get go, or if you are under the Impression that I had any pushback on getting this going.

Sorry but I don't lol, given how less than an hour before that verdict came out you shut down james2k's thread within two seconds of it being posted. If you wanna be hostile af that's fine too, its not like players need anymore proof after that or the other biased decisions you've made when it comes to safeguarding your own playerbase, like the metagaming of Haense's rally through leaks in GM chat and I could go on. Take the L and dip out pal.

The man who reorganized the Mod team into something much better than it's predecessors. You did good, King, time for a rest. o7

1 minute ago, Tiresiam said:

Sorry but I don't lol, given how less than an hour before that verdict came out you shut down james2k's thread within two seconds of it being posted. If you wanna be hostile af that's fine too, its not like players need anymore proof after that or the other biased decisions you've made when it comes to safeguarding your own playerbase, like the metagaming of Haense's rally through leaks in GM chat and I could go on. Take the L and dip out pal.

Not the time or place. That being said, I've spoken to Basket a lot about wars, and a lot about Sedan and he's not once been opposed to any of the conflict and not once has been working against "Player Interests" as you put it. If you have complaints about GM verdicts made by members of his team you ought to report them. As for the rest, if people made rule-breaking comments or posts about the war, those have been shot down whether they come from Oren, Sedan, or Haense. 

Basket is not an Orencentric player, nor was he a biased Administrator with regards to his conduct involving this conflict. On top of that, it's inappropriate to bring that up on a resignation post, Basket is leaving for a myriad of other reasons that are beyond your concern. It's just petty, asinine, and a waste of time to muddy this post with that type of criticism, especially when not long from now there will be a successor of his that you can speak to.

For the love of God, Jack, I hold you to a high standard and I never expected to see you post this kind of vitriol. I am sad to be mistaken. 

1 hour ago, Excitedly said:

Not the time or place. That being said, I've spoken to Basket a lot about wars, and a lot about Sedan and he's not once been opposed to any of the conflict and not once has been working against "Player Interests" as you put it. If you have complaints about GM verdicts made by members of his team you ought to report them. As for the rest, if people made rule-breaking comments or posts about the war, those have been shot down whether they come from Oren, Sedan, or Haense. 

Basket is not an Orencentric player, nor was he a biased Administrator with regards to his conduct involving this conflict. On top of that, it's inappropriate to bring that up on a resignation post, Basket is leaving for a myriad of other reasons that are beyond your concern. It's just petty, asinine, and a waste of time to muddy this post with that type of criticism, especially when not long from now there will be a successor of his that you can speak to.

For the love of God, Jack, I hold you to a high standard and I never expected to see you post this kind of vitriol. I am sad to be mistaken. 

13 minutes ago, Tiresiam said:

I had every right to shut down a rebellion spawned from a loop-hole in our poor region rules, but from the start I was provided with the roleplay Sedan had been engaged in and I enjoyed what they had done and what they were trying to do. The only thing I can be accused of was being careful with the precedent this could set for future wars going forward and not trying to let every single war on this server become a massive-world war that does nothing but drag our community into futher toxicity. Especially relating to internal conflict. At the end of the day its good roleplay and it will carry on with me or without me

I respect the reasons you've made and acknowledge towards your resignation. I respect you, king. Have a good one, hope to still see you around on the server. o7

Shoot me a message any time to play siege homie, you're a real one and I respect the work you put in, take it easy 

Wait...... a mature and respectful admin that is stepping down and leaving room for someone else to step into that role and grow / make the server an even better place??!?!?!??! Buddy I think you forgot that this is LotC and you're suppose to not log on for 6 months WHILE being an admin still, come back to make a bunch of changes to try to look active only to ruin the server, and then voluntarily resign because it's everyone else's fault.

---

In all seriousness thank you for volunteering your time to deal with all aspects of the community; often times meaning the worst of us in the role of moderation administrator. Hope you can step back and still find a love and passion for the community as an outlet and way to fill yourself up.

o7 You're one of, if not the most based staff member I've met so far. Godspeed, you magnificent bastard.

Now pick a good replacement wisely or your mailbox will smell like **** for months.

Yo basket come play siege with me and chase more often now!

We love you bustin' through windows!

Will be happy to see you really grow as your true position as the Story/Map Admin

thank you for your service, king