III: III - The Braids of Merit

IV: Organization

IV: I - Ranks

IV: II - Auxiliary Units

IV: III - Membership Requirements

V: Application

Purpose & Oath

thumb-1920-867627.png

Lush forests and cold, gleaming seas wreath the Realm of the Elven peoples, surrounding and enclosing the viridian and crimson jewel that is Amaethea. A place of unity and of prosperity, the capital of the Realm of Elvenesse is not without her enemies.

Frequent are those unwelcome visitors who seek to create discord within the peaceful woodlands or upon the idyllic coast, aiming to accost the Realm’s fair peoples and afflict their dignified land with wanton violence and cruelty.

The Emerald Guard stand as the bulwark against this tide of hostility that so often threatens to blemish their beloved jewel, a barrier of thorns and flowers, scented of honor and death, which maintains the safety and sanctity of their nation.

The Oath:

As a warrior I strive for excellence

I fight with purpose and passion

Defender of the crown

My life I lay down

For my kin, my creed, my honor.

I raise my shield and blade as one

Till death or duty release me 

Kae’leh tal’hiylun nae illere

For you my blood will run.

Code of Conduct

• The drawing of your weapon is a statement of your excellence and intent. It is to be done only for the betterment of your skills, or in defense of your vows and your kin. 
  • The Citizens of Elvenesse will be treated with the utmost respect. The warriors of the Emerald Guard are a part of the community, and are responsible for acting with honor and compassion. 
  • The warriors of the Emerald Guard will act with humility and restraint while on assignment, and recognize that their words and actions alike will be treated as if carried out by the nation as a whole. 
  • The Emerald Guard is made up of warriors from various cultural backgrounds who may exercise different traditions. All beliefs held by the warriors within the guard are to be respected by other guard members unless it breaks the code of conduct. 

Core Traditions

VgDkx9u.jpg

The Emerald Guard observes a number of traditions within its ranks, a few key examples of which are as follows. A more comprehensive document of traditions within the organization is soon to be published, expanding on these, as well as other more minor practices.

The Bonds of the Pack

It is common practice for some members of the Emerald Guard to be accompanied by a canine companion whom they have raised from a young age. Upon taking the oath, these warriors may opt to be provided with a war dog puppy, which it becomes their duty to properly train and care for. Specially bred for their purposes, these dogs are valuable not just for companionship, but for almost every aspect of an Emerald Guard’s duty.

To provide for one of these dogs is not a responsibility taken lightly, for these wolf-like canines are not mere pets, but valued allies and partners for life. A warrior of the Emerald Guard is honorbound to preserve the well-being of their hound, caring for them as a brother or sister in arms. Many Mali’ame within the Emerald Guard consider this duty one of religious significance to the mani Morea, the Prince of Wolves and Hounds, only adding to the significance of these loyal, fearless creatures.

The Token of the Realm

Upon the completion of one’s initiation to the Emerald Guard, the newly oathed individual will be symbolically presented with an emerald earring from the hands of the High Prince himself, which is treated as a physical representation of one’s duty and loyalty to the Realm of Elvenesse. 

Members of the Emerald Guard will go to incredible lengths to protect these earrings and to reclaim them if they are lost, for far beyond the monetary value of these simple adornments is their weight in symbolism; as the dedication shown in their protection is considered directly reflective upon one's dedication to the Realm itself.

The Braids of Merit

While many organized militaries across the realm have medals to signify acts of honor, valor and bravery, the Emerald Guard recognizes the accomplishments of its warriors through colored braids of various material, color and length. While it would be unbecoming of a warrior to brag about their achievements, many warriors will be encouraged to bear the braids of their achievements on the pommels of their swords, carrying them into battle. 

These braids are not intended to signify one warrior’s superiority over another, instead to mark the many steps a warrior takes alongside his or her kin, both on the battlefield and within the walls of the city. All braids will be awarded by the Maribar or the Sanethir, and all recommendations for awards are to be submitted by the Sulannilan. 

Organization

manuel-castanon-rage-on-autumn.jpg?1487659456

Ranks:

In descending order of authority, the ranks within the Emerald Guard are as follows.

The High Prince

The supreme authority within Elvenesse, the High Prince maintains the right and responsibility to ordain any necessary change or issue any command which he sees fit, unto the protectors of his Realm.

The Sanethir
T
he high commander of the Emerald Guard, the Sanethir or “he whose word is final” sometimes understood as “he whose word is to die” is named as such in recognition of their station’s authority and the grim responsibility which they carry. The Sanethir holds authority over all of the forces of Elvenesse, and is entrusted with the management of all military affairs for the Realm. The Lord Marshal is expected to ensure the smooth function of the organization as a whole, and to ordain its direction and its methods; acting however and wherever he must to ensure that the Realm’s safety is maintained.

The Maribar

The right hand of the Lord Marshal and second in command of the Emerald Guard, the Maribar or "great owl" is named as such to symbolize their duty of oversight. It is the responsibility of the Maribar to attend any and all responsibilities which are delegated unto them and, in the Lord Marshal’s absence, to temporarily inherit their command over the Emerald Guard. Theirs is the duty to ensure that the day-to-day functions of the Sulannilan and the Emerald Guard at large are managed and directed efficiently.

The Sulannilan

The officers of the Emerald Guard, the Sulannilan or “guiding lights” are named as such to symbolize their purpose, and in allegory to the reverence of stars in the Almenodrim faith. They are those expected to directly facilitate training, recruitment, patrols, and to direct their fellows and citizens in times of emergency when no higher authority is present. Sulannilan are the most veteran members of the Emerald Guard.

The Rivaname

The initiated warriors of the Emerald Guard, Rivaname or "thorns" are named as such in symbolism for the purpose they serve in protecting the Realm. Paired with the Raellan, these two ranks evoke the symbolism of the Hawthorn, central to the identity of the Emerald Guard. From making arrests, to performing investigations and fighting in pitched battles, the Rivaname are the front line and main body of the Emerald Guard.

The Raellan

The unoathed recruits of the Emerald Guard, Raellan or ‘roots’ are named as such for their importance in bringing life to the organization as a whole, growing it through their ambition. These individuals are those who strive to earn the right to take the oath, obtain their war dog, and be bestowed their token.

Auxiliary Units:

Within the Emerald Guard exists a pair of units entrusted with specialized duties. Those enlisted within are expected to maintain the normal responsibilities and duties of their rank at most times, but may be called upon in relevant circumstances to serve as members of these secondary groups, when their skillset is required.

The Sulieriran

Trusted primarily to serve as the forward guard of the Emerald Guard, the Sulieriran or ‘Watchers’ are responsible for forewarning of threats to the woodland realm, protecting the roads, and undertaking missions requiring a more subtle and silent approach. They are the unseen hand of justice that lurks within the forests of Elvenesse, always waiting for those unfortunate enough to intrude into their home.

The Walehiran

Wounds and injuries are a simple fact of life in any military, and thus those trained to deal with them in the field are a necessity. The Walehiran or ‘Healers’ of the Emerald Guard are those who have chosen to undergo the additional training required to perform this vital duty for their fellows, atop the standard amount of medical understanding which oathed members are expected to have.

Membership Requirements:

The requirements set upon those seeking to join the Emerald Guard are simple, but not necessarily easy. Beyond the basics of meeting the minimum age of twenty, being physically fit and capable, as well as a registered citizen of the Realm of Elvenesse, individuals must prove themselves as initiates to the organization. 

From participating in training, to conforming to the traditions and ways of the Emerald Guard, initiates will need to demonstrate their potential, dedication and capability before being permitted to take the oath and be entrusted with their own war dog companion.

Whilst the vast majority of Emerald Guardsmen are elves, non-elven recruits will be considered and evaluated on a case-by-case basis, though the standards of conduct and cultural conformity are notably quite strict in these cases.

Uniform

WUhu57b.png

(Art by @wan)

SUJzCEd.png

Application

[[OOC]]

Username:

Discord:

Timezone:

[[RP]]

Full Name:

Race:

Why do you wish to join?:

Are you a citizen of Elvenesse?:

Contact Zilldude#0478 on discord with any inquiries.

A certain veteran elf of the Siege of Helena nods his head in approval.

Ziri fills out the form to the best of her ability, through teary, but hard eyes.

[[OOC]]

Username: Anti_Citizen

Discord: Anti-Gwynizen#4944

[[RP]]

Full Name: ZiRi siRAmE

Race: elF

Why do you wish to join?: FoR AwAiti AnD thE pEEple 

Are you a citizen of Elvenesse?: yEs

16 minutes ago, Anti-Citizen said:

Ziri fills out the form to the best of her ability, through teary, but hard eyes.

[[OOC]]

Username: Anti_Citizen

Discord: Anti-Gwynizen#4944

[[RP]]

Full Name: ZiRi siRAmE

Race: elF

Why do you wish to join?: FoR AwAiti AnD thE pEEple 

Are you a citizen of Elvenesse?: yEs

The Sanethir looks up in some surprise as an application arrives so soon, taking it and sitting back as he glances the form over. The applicant would soon be contacted!

[[OOC]]

Username: Irrin

Discord: u know what it eeeeeeeeeeeeeees

[[RP]]

Full Name: Valerias Csarathaire-Tresery

Race: Mali'ame

Why do you wish to join?: Figured it was time to start pulling my own weight around here.

Are you a citizen of Elvenesse?: Yes

2 minutes ago, NomadGaia said:

[[OOC]]

Username: Irrin

Discord: u know what it eeeeeeeeeeeeeees

[[RP]]

Full Name: Valerias Csarathaire-Tresery

Why do you wish to join?: Figured it was time to start pulling my own weight around here.

The next application comes as no less of a surprise, the 'aheral looking it over and nodding his head as he files it with the last. This applicant, too, would soon be contacted.

[[OOC]]

Username: Evonpire 

Discord: Evonpire#0044 

[[RP]]

Full Name: Ali'ere Silma 

Race: Mixed 'Ame/Proto Mali' 

Why do you wish to join?: For Elvenesse, and the Almenodrim. 

Are you a citizen of Elvenesse?: Ti.

Just now, Evonpire said:

[[OOC]]

Username: Evonpire 

Discord: Evonpire#0044 

[[RP]]

Full Name: Ali'ere Silma 

Race: Mixed 'Ame/Proto Mali' 

Why do you wish to join?: For Elvenesse, and the Almenodrim. 

Are you a citizen of Elvenesse?: Ti.

Adorning a rare smile at the continued influx, the Sanethir files this application away with the others, making note to contact the Silma soon.

reserved

[[OOC]]

Username: Jordan1917

Discord: Jordan1921#5143

[[RP]]

Full Name: Relevas Vuln'miruel

Why do you wish to join?: To defend my home and those I care about. 

Edward shakes his head. "Why do they need to guard an Emerald? It's just a rock. Lock it in a really heavy box. If it was a diamond, sure, but.."

[[OOC]]

Username: VoidandNull

Discord: VoidandNull#7173

[[RP]]

Full Name: Galan Brylynn

Race: High Elf

Why do you wish to join?: I wish to join to protect those in the city dear to me, and to also protect the lush forests in which the people of Elvenesse reside. 

4 hours ago, Jordan1921 said:

[[OOC]]

Username: Jordan1917

Discord: Jordan1921#5143

[[RP]]

Full Name: Relevas Vuln'miruel

Why do you wish to join?: To defend my home and those I care about. 

57 minutes ago, VoidandNull said:

[[OOC]]

Username: VoidandNull

Discord: VoidandNull#7173

[[RP]]

Full Name: Galan Brylynn

Race: High Elf

Why do you wish to join?: I wish to join to protect those in the city dear to me, and to also protect the lush forests in which the people of Elvenesse reside. 

Both applications find their way to Celiasil's desk, and are filed away with the names etched down to be sought out for interviews.

[[OOC]]

Username: Orchaedia_

Discord: Desho_#9652

[[RP]]

Full Name: Farren Orchaedia

Race: Mali'ker (Dark Elf)

Why do you wish to join?: To aid the people and protect the city of Elveness from falling, to protect my son Elenion from danger, and to honor my family both dead and alive.

13 minutes ago, Hush said:

[[OOC]]

Username: Orchaedia_

Discord: Desho_#9652

[[RP]]

Full Name: Farren Orchaedia

Race: Mali'ker (Dark Elf)

Why do you wish to join?: To aid the people and protect the city of Elveness from falling, to protect my son Elenion from danger, and to honor my family both dead and alive.

The message reaches the desk of the Sanethir, his eyes scanning over it momentarily before he lets out a grunt and files it away, noting the name for interview.