Memoirs of a Silent Knight III: Flight of the Princess

Xarkly

https://youtu.be/AQlFoiY2KVU

Margaux Helvets hugged herself as she looked out her window, watching as the street lanterns of Baker Street were being set alight.  A solemnity lingered in her weary, weary gaze; they had travelled for the better part of the week, from Karosgrad, to Esbec, to Cathalon, and then to Providence.  After having shown Princess Katerina to her new room, she retired to her own.

So the Prince moves out, and a Princess replaces him now.  What shall come next for me?

For some reason, she began to dread her next trip to the frigid lands of Hanseti-Ruska.  Having sheltered Prince Robert in Cathalon, she felt as if she committed no wrong and would not risk herself in being the center of anyone's wrath despite his exile; however, as for Princess Katerina... She still felt as if no wrong was done in her actions, but was now terrified for what may come of her.

No one shall know, right?  All will be well, as usual.  I always find a way to land on my feet and move on.

Her words of assurance to herself brought no comfort, for her thoughts always returned to the stories she has heard of the abusive tendencies of King Heinrik.  They continued to plague her thoughts and dreams for the remainder of the evening.

Alyssa Seregon would drift into the night- deep In her dreams of the bright starry nights in the Korvassain deserts. Simply sleeping. Sleeping hard like one’s heart after betrayal and hurt. The ‘aheral would be unknowing of it all. All of the- pain and betrayal of this tragicHorrid. Night.

[!] Unknowing that her confiding in Ser Aleks had made it into the memoir, Marie Barclay ends the week like she normally does, speaking with her parents. While worry has plagued her mind for a while now of concern for Koenas Mariya, Katerina, and her own trials... she seems happy as of the moment. Happy that she had been assigned to perhaps the best knight there is, one that looks out for others even if against the regulations. In her mind, it is one thing to follow obediently, and it is another to act absolutely for what is right, even if it means rules must be bent. It says more to look out for one, than to ignore just for the sake of doing as one is told. Of course, this did not ease every worry, however it came close knowing that there are still some out who wish to make a change for the better.

Books, quills and feather were scattered on the carpet that covered the floor of the Koengs office.  With his hands placed upon the now wiped empty desk, Heinrik Karl barked and shouted so the saliva flew out off his mouth.

"Find her and bring her to me! I want her alive!"

His clutched fist hammered upon the wooden desk that also his father used to work at. The hunt was on.  

Joseph stood outside the palace thinking on the actions of His Majesty Koeng Heinrik Karl the Armsman quite conflicted on the whole ordeal surely striking a woman as if a dog who dissobeyed wasn't how a king was supposed to act? Surely the beating of one related by blood holds not a shred of honor... Alas on the other side of the spectrum the loyalty the man has for his country fights his morality untill the king his roars are heard from outside the palace by Joseph and General passerbyers "Aye yer Majesteh...." Joseph mutters out for now his loyalty overcoming his morality as he mutters a silent prayer for the princess in hopes she might find positivity in her life instead of the blade of a Knight

Edited by ThatDutchFellow

Shirren Ironwood leaned on the railing of the balcony outside his room in the HRA barracks. Far below him, the hustle and bustle of city life carried on. But up here, the world was clam. A light breeze ruffled the paper in his hands, a letter, now slightly crumpled, proudly emblazoned with the crest of the Knights of Haense. 

But Shirren was not looking at the letter. Nay, he payed it no heed. Instead, his eyes gazed out past the front gates of the city, as if searching for something he could not see. 

In a quiet voice, barely a whisper, Shirren spoke. "Are not the Knights meant to be paragons of truth and virtue? Meant to symbolize all that is right in the world? Is that not why I'm here? Is that not what I strive for?" 

He shifted his gaze now towards the castle. "Should I choose to take the vows of knighthood, what will you make me do in the name of chivalry? Will truth and justice be that which I fight for, or are those oaths naught but chains to bind me?" 

A pause. Shirren fell into a pensive silence, perhaps waiting for a reply that could never come. 

He slowly looked down, his eyes falling upon the letter in his hands. Rumors spread fast, but the facts were much slower. If Shirren wanted answers, he would have to go to the source. 

7 hours ago, Rudi said:

Books, quills and feather were scattered on the carpet that covered the floor of the Koengs office.  With his hands placed upon the now wiped empty desk, Heinrik Karl barked and shouted so the saliva flew out off his mouth.

"Find her and bring her to me! I want her alive!"

His clutched fist hammered upon the wooden desk that also his father used to work at. The hunt was on.  

Albrecht Mondblume too knows what it's like to have a disobedient sister..

Friedrich sat in his office after talking with his second; he adjusted his spectacles as he watched the fire rage on. The man felt nothing but self-disgust as the crackle of the fire continued. He quietly considered all he had in his life, everything that the man could lose. He hated what he had become to protect what he held dear. The man struggled greatly with the conflict of his morals and his duty. Yet his duty conflicted with itself; his oath and doctrine affirmed his loyalties to the crown, and it also told him never to surrender someone. "Never surrender yourself nor your brothers; bring your honor or death." those are the words he humbled to himself as he struggled with the situation. He had made his decision as a gamble, and he hoped that the scalpel would, in turn, make the right decision.

Franz was apathetic as always to his surroundings, nothing really bothered him anymore, and there was nothing that he was really particularly attentive to. It was only when Katerina sent him a letter that he even learned that she had left, it was then that he even noticed any sort of absence from her at all. He recalled a time that he had spoken to his aunt, Alexandria, in the woods. She had told him that family was the only thing that they could trust and rely on in this world. "You were so wrong, aedymamej..." He murmured to himself, twisting his eyes to stare at his own mirror reflection, "There is only yourself." He pointed his finger forward at that, "Nie one else." Another person gone, he was left only to wonder who would be next.