A Snakes Shed

hemomancy

Athri began to pack some of her things, and she looked over to her work table. The thing was covered in pinned together pieces of fabrics, all of which she’d put together in hopes to start more work. A failed attempt, it was. She continued to pack during the night, leaving behind many of her personal belongings. As her family slept, she set two books in front of her sister’s door, one on top of the other. She’d also leave an iron knife in front of her niece’s door, the blade wrapped up in a fine red cloth. A note was left upon the books she’d left for her sister, and that was all she would do before leaving the home, just before dawn.

The elfess walked away from Sutica and seemed to disappear after that, but she knew she’d be back at some point.

A crow by the name of Rorschach flew to her uncle, with a wax sealed envelope. Inside would be a coin, a coin he’d given her long ago when she was just a child. A note was inside the envelope too, and that was all that was sent to him.

And a letter made its way to the Duke of Elysium, ending up in his mail. Inside was a short letter, and the small drawing of a rabbit made with charcoal.

Lastly, a letter would end up to her cousin, wherever she was.

To Vivian:

Spoiler

“Viv, I’m sorry to do this but I just need to get away. I’ll be around soon maybe, don’t do anything stupid. -Athri”

To Bella:

Spoiler

“Don’t go stabbing people. Only do it to people who deserve it. Love you. -Athri”

To Levian'Tol:

Spoiler

“Lev, sell my drinks for me. Rory is yours now. I’ll be away for a bit, and will hopefully be back at some point. Don’t die in the meantime, and you better tell your kids about me. -Athri”

To Eugeo:

Spoiler

“Eugeo, I’ll be away. I don’t think I’ll die. Maybe one day you’ll see that outfit. -Athri”

To Vera:

Spoiler

“Love you. -Athri”

OOC:

Spoiler

A little tired of her, stuff with her has gone a bit stagnant. Didn't want to kill her off, doesn't feel right. The old Rabbit will be back one day.

Spoiler

Damn? Nothin' for Chey? Alright.

Hope you had fun playing Athri, anyways. Nice to know she's at least not going to kill herself and is just disappearing for a bit. Hope you enjoy the break.

Vivian Maelstorm awoke early in the morning, ready to make some kind of concoction for the new day's bullshit. As she made her way out of her room, she tripped on two books set at her door. Fumbling to stand up, she picked them up, curious and confused, before reading the note on the top and frowning. "Damnit, Athri," she red head sighed, placing the books carefully on her bed before proceeding downstairs. "You better come back... I'll miss you..."

Spoiler

Bro sadbois. I'm sorry that things went stagnant and I'm sorry I've been so out of the loop lately. I love you and I'll play Mira's sister soon.

Levian'Tol Grandaxe pets Rorschach solemnly at his desk staring down at the note. "T'at little ****."

Solomon Takezo blinks awake, and takes a small sip of his Spiked Tea™️. He had never figured out how to recreate Athri’s wonderful brew completely, and this was his very last bottle of it. Gazing out to sea, he wonders what the woman was up to. It had been so long since he had seen her, and he had never had time to properly talk with her again back in Talons. 

Lifting his Yeu-flame chilled glass, he offers a short poem, spurred on by nostalgia and the spirit of the moment. 

“Till we may meet again,

a thousand stars light your path,

Guiding, onward, home.”