The Spring Contingency

Spoiler

Anthony Basrid paused, his gaze moving over his fresh set of armor that he prepared for the next day of battle. "Quite unfortunate that the goats learned to run, I thought their shoes had been made out of brick. I suppose I'll see them on a different battlefield, but on this day - Oren is victorious."

The Mayor, the illustrious Alphonse Sylvester Halcourt, also known as A.S.H. would hear the news of the end of the pathetic insurrection. He would ponder what next steps lay for the Empire and the capital, his beloved home of Providence. He would reach for his trusty journal and begin to write.

Dear Diary.

I am sorry to hear about the end of this affair. It made things a bit more interesting then the daily drone of the City Assembly. It is bittersweet, this victory. I am both glad that I did not have to leave the safety and warmth of the Imperial Capital but also a bit disappointed I did not get to bash these vagabonds skulls in with my Imperial State Army issued mace. The boys would have gotten some education in the art of subjugation in such an encounter with hearding these wayward sheep. I will keep this entry brief due to wanting to fold in the raw emotion of such news. Their defeat was expected but their surrender is quite the surprise. Can you imagine the shame of not even bothering to fight a battle to protect your home? I guess it is no surprise that a Johannian would surrender his home without a fight. Maybe they could not afford to pay the troops due to their inability to pay their taxes. This lines up with historical precedent. Marnans seem to be born without backbone. I assume they will slither away to Haense. Imagine that. Horen's a vassal to Carrions! History seems to be repeating itself over and over. The Sedanite babe seems to have been crushed in its crib. Infanticide. Our Emperor puts Victor in Evictor. 

It was a normal night in the Selm Palace as Sir Ledicort d‘Azor would work into the night. His aid would bring him a report from the Imperial State Army as he saw the contents, he would quickly rise from his seat as he looked out to his window. “Let the scum run with there tail between there legs, they have no courage to even stand in battle for there beliefs.” He chuckled to himself, “Traitors, Scum, and Cowards — can not even fight for what they stood for, which was very little.”

Caspian d'Arkent let out a loud, hearty laugh in the tavern as he took a sip from his Pale Azog Ale. Wiping a tear from his eye, he barely managed to say, "Th-they forfeited over the loss of the B-bishop house. MY OWN DOING! Must've resulted in a coordinated surrender!" He said, bursting out into laughter again. "It's too bad, honestly. I was looking forward to watching the traitors dangle lifelessly from a rope!"

Elizabeth de Joannes watched the flames rise and lick at the starlit sky from a distance, a solemn expression written acrossed the young woman's visage, "We shall stand strong together no mater where the endless fight of life may take us." Her head bowed down slightly as she spoke the words aloud.

Nikolas would look over the smoke with a sigh.

’’A disappointing ending for a disappointing conflict. Nothing save brother killing brother, and the attempt of having outside forces bring humanity low. One day, I hope they realize their folly. Until then, I will pray.’’

The Solicitor-General would laugh as he heard the news "Have they really burnt their own manor? Thank you sedanites for doing us the favor of cleaning up your place before leaving, I guess!"

Charles would then shake his head before simply smiling and stating: "These losers are scared of our imperial army and have ran away like the goats they are! Sedan has surrendered! Victory for Oren! God save the Emperor! God save the Empire!"

Caelan Jrent wishes to speak, to make his voice heard, but his words turn into nothingness- void of meaning, void of existing. He marches on, on, on. But to what- for what?

"Why if all they wanted was to go to Haense, all they had to do was ask" Alexander d'Arkent would remark as he saw the smoke rising from his room in Sunholdt

Ensign Fitzpeter drunkenly belts to his companions at the bar in Provi,

”They couldn‘t win here, they won‘t win there. The moon‘s in the sky, they‘ll surely die. HAHAHA!“

"A pitiful show of cowardice. How might they claim a righteous conflict if they will not even defend their own land?" Scoffed the Princess Imperial, stood aside her husband. "God Bless Oren. We stand victorious."

397a2fc3ab282cd21c25a3441976253fa94d9c5a

Elagabalus Horen de Savin gazes into the pinkish-orange sky, feeling a wind pick up toward the east.

"A favorable sign," he declared, a voice like thunder wobbling the sweat-sheened fold of his neck.