To The Dignity of a Fool [PK]

Spoiler

MSf7cRBAWWeF-JDFejD32mXbqLP2bIHL0ctweRkQ4hBfaI-1GmL0rkwNA-Lbex-OOf9LN9XrpWORR4gA39Pz21bOeE9GITRVJw8ty9qdAZc9H7DizGW5mbT1mLkAec1Cu4lb8mt6

AN ODE TO FATHERHOOD

FALCONE

A legacy began by bullish pursuit, littered with quotidian degeneracy and misguided efforts. Plagued by blind loyalty and insatiable hunger. Whether you felt it first hand or heard it whispered within the flock, the Falcone name began to carry a notorious weight. Through the sins of a father and a father before, all of whom did what they felt they had to for theirs;

and what a taint against that name the Imperial Army had sung so often.

How does that clichéd saying go? "Like father, like son," right?  Though, perhaps that isn't all fair to say, as you cannot compare the weight of sin. You cannot compare the ramifications of a son's choices to the actions of his father. All a child grows to become is an indirect mirror, though even a washroom's mirror does not display the same world as it appears. Stark distinctions, though, "not far from the tree." 

“HE DID WHAT HE HAD TO... SAME AS HIS FATHER, AND HIS BEFORE THAT.”

- ANASTASIA O'ROURKE, CIRCA 1805 

FATHERHOOD

Despite the mass of tales one could recall, Gino Falcone was not a poor father. For he made sure to instill but a few esteemed virtues to his kin: respect and the demand of, and the unconditional preservation of kinship. Discipline and understanding were commanded of his offspring. And though he was not always accountable to his own word, there were determined beliefs he would never betray-- especially his belief that family is absolute, be it one garnered or one by birthright. Gino poured every ounce of his being to prepare his children for what was to come as they grew-- though as descendant nature is, it was not enough, even for him. To consider Gino Falcone a poor father would only be a testament to the thanklessness that is parenthood.

A father his own now, this has become glaringly more apparent to the still young Cosimo Antony. 

“LA FAMIGLIA NON COMBATTE LA FAMIGLIA.”

- GINO FALCONE, CIRCA 1794 

FALCONE (REPRISE)

Left, now, without a parental figure who was of lineage ascent, perhaps the young Illatian would be fortunate enough to no longer need one; twenty-six years now in the realm of unforgiving mortal existence. For him to have witnessed the world he knew collapse beneath the wheels of his chair, and be able to walk anew amongst esteemed peers, the boy had more than enough in experience to nourish the inherent desire to preserve one’s self and his lineage. Yes, perhaps he finally outgrew the need for guidance from those who came before him. Why, he was the now owner of the Falcone Estate- surely he needed to have all of those answers expected of him? But no, this is only a weak defense to save for heartache; the belief he was above the pursuit of further learning would only perpetuate the same cycles he and his kin would be fell to. That is ignorance, or perhaps arrogance.

Though, it would be nice to have deference from a relatable face. 

“MACCHIE DI SANGUE, I SOLDI NO.”

- GIADA D'AMATO, CIRCA 1797

LUDOVICA

"I pray the generations to follow will bring themselves closer and closer to God- with each iteration.” 

A passing thought echoed as Cosimo watched a young child giddily prance about. Almost four years now, so she had not yet been subject to the fruits of the forbidden, and it was apparent in Cosimo’s watchful eye that he would will it to remain so. Though, you cannot shelter the youth, as did Cosimo’s mother try. You can only offer what you have come to know and hope that they respond accordingly, as did Cosimo’s father try. And even then, there is no guarantee of result: a child’s fate left to the world they succumb to.

This girl was last born of his sisters, Ludovica Francesca Falcone, Gino’s last notable mark on this world; and it was readily apparent she was his as she palpably mirrored the man in every way- only chiseled to fit a more feminine feature. Even in her early mannerisms did she resemble Gino, a scary thought for Cosimo, though he was arguably no better than his father.

Worse, perhaps. “Depends who you ask.”

So, he could only hope she turned out the saintess she already was. 

"Guardi, Cosi! Look!” The little Illatian cried in joy as she hurried toward the man who sat upon a bench, holding high a wettened mina she had fished from the Palace Garden’s fountain. The clambering of her footsteps against the paved grounds brought a reminiscent smile against the man’s face as he was unmoving in her approach, only snorting his amusement.

"You can keep it.” She told him, out of breath while forcing the wet coin into the hand that did not hold up his chin.

The man turned his head toward that coin, brushing a thumb against it as if to dry it off before glancing upon her once more, uttering in a gentle response, “Grazie, piccola.” 

The girl gave a vigorous nod of her head and a childish giggle before bolting off once more to retrieve another, an arm’s length deep into the rather motionless waters, and he did nothing but clench gently against that mark.

“GOD, SHE'S THE SPITTING IMAGE OF HIM.”

- COSIMO FALCONE, CIRCA 1813

Spoiler

I f***ing love you, Raine. The RP you provided is like 90% why I've ended up maining Cosimo and I can't wait to continue with Anton.

And to think, I almost said no to playing this kid.

1778860839_familyman3.thumb.png.bc9a395837acf35a63a1bd255e7fdcf9.png

Lauretta Ivanna Falcone | Gino Falcone | Florenza Falcone | Cosimo Antony Falcone | Augustina Giovanna Falcone

Circa 1801

Spoiler

Mayhaps, not quite here; not quite there. Presiding over nary a dark, nor light. And ever entranced, and certainly, led astray in that regard, claiming and boasting a tenebrous veil, art projection of th' wayward Illatian spirit. And, ever in its slighting; the assuage, to its fervent waning, and the ardour, for which served the prerequisite thus, it were nigh perennial –– smouldering flax, he did not quench, nor either, a bruised reed, he relinquished thereof. Surely, he had upheld, that an unbridled force of the long relieved man, what an epithet he held, in his epoch about the waking world –– the Old Adversary, and… the Herald of Sacrilege; the like. Lo' where had he fastened in his constraints, as had shackles and trammels impeded his degenerate tract, transgression coursed ever of the precincts he assumed to his worldly mind, –– per'aps, lack thereof, to consider his findings –– susurrations but an inhale, and exhale indicted of his waylaid miasma: indeed, had claimed of it, a harrowing tribulation. But, were this miasma of he at lack of scent? No; had it only but seemed aught a just truth, to consider he lingered of other domains –– far… far darker. Umbrage foundered of its tendons, exigent as had it made initiative, thus it unseamed him, the primeval surplus of a man long beyond commission, from th' naves to the chops.

Victor walked, surely –– treading of his machinations, the causeway of what had been assumed his Hereafter. Agony: per'aps, that were one variable that death were at naught a liberty for obliging the relief to, as not per the consideration of the melancholic malediction of his spirit, feigning of the creature's ruse in physicality, no accoutrement of flesh, surely. This were no praxis of the creed he boasted of his piety, in wake. No praxis, whence the war rages all throughout its armistice. No praxis, whither the world ceases to be, but ever the cosmos to encumber oneself, as had trudged thou of the elder lunar body, of the Moon itself. And certainly, no praxis whence ailment and pestilence prevails in pitied death, writing of its exegesis', in a new beginning promised the vanquishing hereof. Right reverent and worshipful, Victor sifted of the buffalograss volumes to the bitter air of recoil to his likeness, spirit seeping through and betwixt the vesicles in particle matter of the very world itself.

Hdevised none but the very worst in his mind, as came ember that a divined likeness of knowledge its kindle of the man's subconscious. Thenceforward, had wish washed over he, the ill-begotten Illatian, even in the Hereafter, the wishes for drawing of tongue –– but appendage for the release thus in either a lips, confirmed rebuttal to the devices of the metaphysics that governed his domain, it had seemed, and he could not spare the troubles. And adamant, and quiet, his air became. Not a wavelength; not a chirp. Not a psalm of his wicked disposition were pardoned of the man's lethargy, ever dictating his presence one of abdicating silence. Surely perhaps, that would relieve the abhorrent quality of his spirit; sentenced to its rouse in walking… and walking… and a torment of bone marrow, as had he tired about his throes, besetting of them, a great strain, in recurrent deuteronomy. Pace, after pace –– after pace.

lorraine-esoteric-large.jpg

But, what of the world he trekked for his conquest? The world, that had come of his waking in the after-death? Per'aps just, at no liberty were he of determining. Ever shifting, but a most definite walking; immutable, and indentured a servant to the tides of the esoteric Stream, weaving a distortion of his close vision. A man with sure eyes, after all, may still be verily blinded. The kindles of the sky hadn't their extinguishing, just quite then, –– coeval a scathing iris' to Aerial reckoning of its surveillance, in long scrutiny oft the hour; the abiding, undying hour. He walked of the bounties surveyed in hearty sight -– for if were this none but yet the demiurge hereupon. Certainly, knowings of the divine Aengul were without their presence –– were Victor, without knowings of this mighty image –– of gnostic piety. For, in the face of the esoteric entity beyond his veil of zeal, if it was that which branded his countenance not a likened fright at the very fleeting image thereof, then one hadn't the least idea whatever were.

Time is relative, had he imbibed of his destitute, forlorn mind, that a pleading lament. At least, when he were of his youth, in bygone time, that is. But, in fact, that a truth persisted, as he assumed dole in having tread the grasses of his afterlife, perhaps without quantifiable mirth, to consider the circumstances he had been assumed under. One may choose to believe, as they wilt, but there was no rebuttal of the fact, Victor's sentencing would be not one of haste nor times that a sojourn. Behold, that no: were this no insignificant sabbatical, nor a pilgrimage. Rather a verdict, as the cosmic court adjourned, that he would remain ever of the pain he was subjected that a day.

hellthumb800.jpg

"As saith the proverbs of old…"

Then, to his view, came a brilliant light, far and without its definition in the sky; a great fire, for which had smote fifty-thousand, and threescore winds in its wake. He had his weariness, and his knowings, of whomever that a shooting gleam was:

"… Do not thou this folly."

And his frown grew manifold then.

Spoiler

We had some good times, alright @RaindropsKeepFalling.

I can't help but stifle a laugh, every so often, come to think of it. All of this transpired from a single half-hearted joke I made whilst high.

I've come to meet so many good friends, as is a result of going with my instincts on this, and gambling on the character. I will certainly not forget any bit of this whole experience. Thank you.

May God treat you well in the next life.

Family is everything

The bright sun shined through the window signaling the start of a new day. The Palmer youth awoke naturally as he did most days, wiping the crud out of his eyes as he stifled a yawn sitting up in the bed. Most mornings he didn't think of much, perhaps his mother would cross his mind, or the list of things to be done for the day. Or perhaps a girl he seen the day prior, it mattered not. He had a job todo and it would be executed as all others.

He comes to a stand pulling his uniform top over himself he found himself thinking of the home he never knew Helena, the place he could never return, and the mother that saved him from a terrible fate. He continued to dress himself looking out the window briefly thoughts still racing as he straightens his uniform and reaches for the beret that laid on the bookshelf. Dusting it off he is taken back to his youth in Providence, but mostly his cousin Cosimo which led him to think of his other mother Giada. He hadn't thought of her much since her passing, not from a lack of trying as much as a lack for being able to deal with it, but he knew her loss cut deeper for his cousin. "Perhaps I should send him a bird later, I still owe him for that drink" He lets out a chuckle placing the beret on his head as he ascended the stairs to his upper floor.

What is a man?

The youth stifles another yawn as he reaches for the door handle to the realm of the outside world. What could be behind that door? 

Would today be the last day he opened it? Could the same be asked for those he loves? Again it mattered not to him only the duty he must carry out, all other questions would be answered by his actions. He continued to wrestle with the thoughts of his mother, before the face of Gino appeared in his mind. He didn't understand the connection before it dawned on him, he had seen that man around Giada. Though in his younger years he couldn't connect the dots if he was given a map. 

"What is a man?" He spoke opening the door with a shake of his head, closing it behind him he pulls out a pack of cigarettes placing one between his lips before sparking a match and igniting the smoke with a brief inhale tossing the match into a pot outside his home. He looks around the streets as he walks toward the market tucking his free hand into his pocket.

Spoiler

Raine you are super awesome person, all rp interactions with you have been great. Except Anton cause he's a little s***. Gino was a great character both in my rp as Yuelena and D'Artagnan.

Keep up the great work :)

From the gates of the clouds, Florenza Falcone would watch her husband's death with wide eyes, watching as he did infact not make it to the Seven Skies, but fell in descent towards the realm of Ilbees. "Gino . . Gino." muttered she, a complete understatement to what she had felt, felt at that very moment and throughout her life with him. 

She felt not an ounce of sorrow, rolling her eyes. 

"countless counts of infidelity, abuse on his famiglia, all of us! - and ah, il peggior peccato. The worst sin. How'a dare he. . " She'd grumble, metaphorically rolling in her grave. "How dare he!"  She'd scream into the skies, yet not quite sure of what she was mad at. "Giada- how could she! She did- with him! Accidenti a lui al Diavolo!  Damn him to Hell. Damn her too!" And with that, the Illatian would resume watching her children, all of them sinful as he was- as she was too in some respects. Augustina Giovanna, so very headstrong, as she was. Cosimo Antony, at least she picked out the name, and Lauretta Ivanna, her mini look alike.

Yet, at the back of her mind, something would reign. She had killed their baby, and never told him. She was scared and young, and was deeply afraid of what he'd do. She'd let in a large huff of air, chest so very tight. "Damn all of this. I wish i stayed in Illatia." 

Spoiler

best char i've seen in a while. xx raine ily

Augustina sighed upon receiving the news. At first, maybe a passerby could assume Augustina was sad, but all those close to her would likely know she was upset she wasn't the one to take him out. She cleaned the Ivy Dust from some unknown counter, leaning her head back, slumped against a wall. 

"Good ******* riddance." She then burst into laughter. After all these years, he was finally dead, and she felt somewhat of a weight lift off of her. Perhaps now she could reunite her brother and sister, the only two people on the face of Almaris she could ever tolerate. Not even her own daughter was good enough for her, and Gino would die never knowing what happened to her. That was good enough Augustina, as she knew his legacy would never live on. 

The words spoken on the day she told her father the news of that unfortunate pregnancy spilled from her lips once more, a wry smirk on her features.

"Die *****." 

Spoiler

On another note Raine. I'm excited for Kaia and Agnes' play writing arc!

Somewhere, rolling upon the waves of the far world, lost in the heavy fogs and storms of an unforgiving sea an elder Oisin O'Rourke grows a frown, peering into the depths for a moment as if something tragic has occurred. 

46 minutes ago, Goon said:

And to think, I almost said no to playing this kid.

word

hey, P.S. if you don't like classical Italian film score music (which i do) here's the alternative music i almost used!

:)

The man didn't know Gino well. Infact, he only knew him in his final moments, where he was made privy to the hard truth of betrayal. Family doesn't fight family; those words brought a smile to his lips. What a painful irony. That night, he dedicated a drink to the departed legend, dredging up a dusty old bottle from the recesses of his brother's cellar. Illatian, a fitting tribute.

((I didn't know your char but now I wish I had, wonderful post!!!!

A child lights a candle at St. Julia's altar for the departed soul.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:12 AM, Goon said:

LUDOVICA

"I pray the generations to follow will bring themselves closer and closer to God- with each iteration.” 

A passing thought echoed as Cosimo watched a young child giddily prance about. Almost four years now, so she had not yet been subject to the fruits of the forbidden, and it was apparent in Cosimo’s watchful eye that he would will it to remain so. Though, you cannot shelter the youth, as did Cosimo’s mother try. You can only offer what you have come to know and hope that they respond accordingly, as did Cosimo’s father try. And even then, there is no guarantee of result: a child’s fate left to the world they succumb to.

This girl was last born of his sisters, Ludovica Francesca Falcone, Gino’s last notable mark on this world; and it was readily apparent she was his as she palpably mirrored the man in every way- only chiseled to fit a more feminine feature. Even in her early mannerisms did she resemble Gino, a scary thought for Cosimo, though he was arguably no better than his father.

Worse, perhaps. “Depends who you ask.”

So, he could only hope she turned out the saintess she already was. 

"Guardi, Cosi! Look!” The little Illatian cried in joy as she hurried toward the man who sat upon a bench, holding high a wettened mina she had fished from the Palace Garden’s fountain. The clambering of her footsteps against the paved grounds brought a reminiscent smile against the man’s face as he was unmoving in her approach, only snorting his amusement.

"You can keep it.” She told him, out of breath while forcing the wet coin into the hand that did not hold up his chin.

The man turned his head toward that coin, brushing a thumb against it as if to dry it off before glancing upon her once more, uttering in a gentle response, “Grazie, piccola.” 

The girl gave a vigorous nod of her head and a childish giggle before bolting off once more to retrieve another, an arm’s length deep into the rather motionless waters, and he did nothing but clench gently against that mark.

“GOD, SHE'S THE SPITTING IMAGE OF HIM.”

- COSIMO FALCONE, CIRCA 1813

Spoiler

unknown.png

An arm now submerged elbow deep into the water of the fountain, a young Ludovica glanced back to her guardian. The girl's gaze beckoning for a sign of approval, even a quaint nod would suffice. Cosimo, seemingly understanding her yearning, offered her just that. With a murmured "Yay," she turns back to the water to continue her search.

Stumbling over pebbles in a hurried scamper, Ludo returns to her older brother's flank. Her eyes widened and glistening with pride and content, her smile broadening by the second to expose a gap-toothed grin.

"Guardi, Cosi! Look! Look it!" Echos the Falcone, rising on her toes to present the man a heavily oxidized mark. Despite it's clear imperfection, it was a jewel akin to the prettiest diamond in the eyes of this young girl. "Dis ones for Poppa!"

Cosimo's gratifying smile took no more than a split second to fade into a frown of despondency, displaying a sense of unease. Lowering himself to one knee, and reluctantly, he set his palms atop Ludovica's shoulders.

A few moments passed, their anxiously shaken gazes locked with each others. Only the sounds of distant chirping and water slashing to disturb the silence. Finally, Cosimo musters enough strength to speak out four words: 

"Papà è andato, Ludo."

"No," Ludovica rebuttals without a moments pass. The single word she whispers was paired with a stern stomp of her left foot against the stone pathway under the two. "No!"

Contacting his lips, Cosimo wraps his arms about Ludo in a tight embrace. With his hand gently pressed against the back of her head, the young one presses her cheek against his shoulder. Ludovica's countenance now boasts an expression riddled with confusion, longing, and utter sadness. "No," she whispers once more.

The mark slips out of the girls hand, hitting the stone with a muffled clank.

Spoiler

I love this so much. 

Gino and Giada's dynamic was one of my favourite things that ever came out of my time on the server. From them both thriving in their early years to finally kicking the bin, I think this is the most fitting way to end the story. I'm now excited to see what's in story for Anton and Ludovica.

love u raine you're ******* gnarly.

Sir George chuckled from the Seven Skies, flicking a cigar into his hand.

“Truly is the end of an era, Falcone.”

Ostromir Carrion paced his halls, with a skull in hand. He babbles things to that inanimate object, and yet within such’s eyes - lights flicker for just fleeting moments. “The work, is not over yet , Gino.” Spoke that Raevir down towards the object , tone ever laced with venom.. and.. Amusement?

Ricky sits alone in his study drinking himself into a mess over the course of hours his eldest daughter Jane finds herself occupying her two younger brothers as the noises from her fathers study suddenly explode into noise, the breaking of bottles the sound of a chair impacting with a wall, shouts of curses in foreign language. The sounds of Ricky enraged by the only man who watched out for him, someplace between a brother, father and friend. Enraged that he was gone so soon and enraged by the little he knew of his disappearance, someone should be killed for this. But no one is their to shoulder the blame. Instead he will just drink until he feels better or until he falls unconscious perhaps when he awakes finally things won't be so bad