To The Dignity of a Fool [PK]

Roshia Avandi sat wherever she may be, and shook her head. The ginger elf looked over to her scythe that leaned against the wall, and began to think of her time she spent in Oren, and the time her weapon had been stolen from her. Her mind wandered, and she began to think of all the Illatians she'd known from then. Of course the woman knew most were long gone by now, as the same went for her own family. Her knuckles went white as she gripped the table and stood up, where she went to go lay down for a bit. She'd begun to grow sick, and was to make sure she didn't end up with those she'd known so soon.

Spoiler

Another day in Providence passes, another day the young illatian woman is left alone. Alone to raise two children- her younger sister and brother. Just as the many days before, and likely many days to follow, the weather was sunny and bright with a crisp hint of coldness filling the air of the Orenian city. As the days went by, and the Falcone was yet to visit again, Natasha d'Amato-Orlov felt something was off about the day. 

Left alone within her home, as she often was, she'd care for her siblings as best she could, since the death of their mother. "Hmm... 'ave'a wy seen our'a Zio- er.." she'd ask her brother, "Wyr Papaj?" she then questioned her sister. The Orlov wouldn't expect an answer, only asking passively, for if she didn't know, her brother or sister surely wouldn't. So once again, she was left with what she felt was alone. 

One after another it seemed her family slowly became smaller and smaller. Dropping like flies, one by one. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

@audyushWe RPed like twice, but I can't not mention you. At this point, it's redundant to compliment you: you're Audy. Going into the future, let's rp more with Naty and Anton, excited for the future!

All the times we've RPed together have been so much fun, I definitely want to more 100%! I've always thought Gino was an amazing character, as many others have also told you. We should also continue to geek over our characters/character development together too, I love that!! 

The Night That Gino Died

Oh the night that Gino Falcone died, is a night I'll never forget
Some of the boys got loaded drunk, and they ain't got sober yet;
As long as a bottle was passed around every man was feelin' gay
O'Rourke came with the bagpipes, some music for to play

That's how they showed their respect for Gino Falcone
That's how they showed their honour and their pride;
They said it was a sinner's shame and they winked at one another
And every drink in the place was full the night Gino Falcone died!

As Mrs. Falcone sat in the corner pouring out her grief
Keaghen and his gang came tearing down the street
They went into an empty room and a bottle of whiskey stole
They put the bottle with the corpse to keep that whiskey cold!

And every drink in the place was full the night Gino Falcone died

About two o'clock in the morning after emptying the jug
Cosimo rolls up the ice box lid to see poor Ginos's mug
We stopped the clock so Mrs. Falcone couldn't tell the time
And at a quarter after two we argued it was nine!

And every drink in the place was full the night Gino Falcone died!

They stopped the hearse on Helvets Ave outside Novellan Saloon
They all went in at half past eight and staggered out at noon!
They went up to the graveyard, so holy and sublime
Found out when they got there, they'd left the corpse behind!

And every drink in the place was full the night Gino Falcone died!

"It seems your day of reckoning arrived, Falcone. It was a good run for us while it lasted, though the road of sin is best-traversed cautiously, early, for in advanced age we are liable to have our own mistakes. Perhaps I too will falter one day, so great is this guilty apparatus, like a great leviathan seeking to pull me to hell, one I know you felt too... yet I must persist. There are far too many debts to pay and even more to collect. Rest well, old friend."

As ageless as he may have seemed, even peculiar men such as Franz felt the weight of time. Although he and Falcone were, in many respects, sheer opposites, he being a man of the state, of the law, and the Illatian one of the many faces of crime itself within the Empire, he had always felt a kinship with the man. The world had cursed them both, lashed out against them, and each sought their recourse, both vainly clutching at what they thought would be just recompense. Both men were evil, vile, in their respective regards, but had it been the cruel twists and turns of fate that had wrought them into such, or was it a more horrific reality, that a higher fate itself had always sentenced them to live such despicable lives? This terrible, uncomfortable question was the one that always struck the Archchancellor every time he met the Illatian, shattering whatever façade he had cultivated for days, months, years, in an instant with the bludgeon of reality.

Gino Falcone would die as the one and only man Franz Sarkozy ever feared.

A mystery. That's what Gino Falcone had been to Natalia. Her future father-in-law, and yet she hadn't really had the chance to get to know him. Any interaction between the two was a simple 'ciao, come va?' and didn't extend much further than that, resulting in little personal experience with the man. Regardless, her heart ached for her fiancé. It also ached for their son who would never meet be able to meet him, and little Ludovica who would grow up not really knowing her father.

From that purity, the cracked and salted grin spread, up those cheeks like that of a flood. For times were simple, they were, to be truthful, good. That O'Rourke muttered to himself, for the Falcone had arrived. They were all in the same, brothers from those fleeting moments. But that Falcone had done something he could never achieve and for that he was bitter. A sweet, creeping bitterness that swelled from the chest and left through those sunken nostrils. And with such, came a rasp.

"Laddeh did it, eh?"

It was another crisp and cold morning in the outskirts of Haesne, just another day with working for the Surgeon General, as the morning hours seem to fade away, the afternoon sun started to warm up the air. The Palmer takes this as a moment to gather her thoughts, pulling out a small black time that a small, delicate, and old blue orchid lays between the pages, seeming to stop on one that hold many memories, ones of Giada, Cosimo, then one of Gino. 

"The day I met you Gino, there was something about you that I just wasn't sure about" She simply mutters under her breath, "And I was right to follow my suspicions". 

With that, a look of disgusts rushes over her scarred visage, slamming the book close then throwing it across the baron wheat fields. 

Jakob Castington sighed with a tear falling down his cheek upon receiving the news. Jakob would lean against a wall and cry as his friend was now gone for good.

"I'll miss my partner in gimbaling ." He then burst into Tears punching the ground. After all these years, he is gone for good. A new burden was now put on Jakob.

The missive of Gino's death sits on a coffee table, a shoddy stew brewing over the fire. A decrepit corpse of a man tends to his wound, a sense of dread cumulating in the pit of his stomach. "Only wy would listen to my ravings, Gino. Even when my beloved would niet." He sighed, entering a coughing fit as he cleaned his old instrument. "Is a shame we will not meet in the afterlife." the man muttered, rubbing the bridge of his nose to nurse his earsplitting headache as he began to play a melancholy tune on his miserable violin.