[PK] Reunion at Last

On the 12th of Harren's Folly Father Alfonso Altamirano was beheaded by the, to him, unknown and unfamiliar kidnappers of the Pontifix Maximus.

As the weapon swung towards his neck he was praying, for forgiveness and mercy to be given to all the men in the room, and for justice to be delivered upon their arrival to Godani's realm. He also thought of how he could see his dear brother again in the Seven Skies, and found amusement in the irony of their similar deaths. He also thought about how his sons would be without a father and shed a tear for his favorite son, Leopold, but he also found solace in knowing he raised them to be faithful to Godani and that he could await them in the seven skies.

His final words were, "I go to the Seven Skies on this day, Holy Father."

After over two decades of service to the Church of Canon, Alfonso was dead at the swing of a weapon.

Portrait of a Priest Painting | Italian School th Century Unknown Oil  Paintings

Edited by BuilderBagel

Holy Sir Franklin Matthews would drop to his knees upon hearing of the death of his Mentor and the kidnapping of the Pontiff. Silently, he curses himself for not being there to protect those he cared about most. After recollecting himself, he vows to never allow such a travesty to occur again.

"You were more of a Father to me than anyone ever was..." He says tearfully, then walking off to the Providence basilica to pray for Alfonso's soul.

A smooth sweet voice of a dead man looks upon the missive, stating out into the sky "I'll be there with you soon Hermano"

Francisco welcomes his brother, glad that he could see him once more, he would bring him to where the martyr's of the faith rested, where Nicolas, Otho, Hernando, and Javier all were, "Let us pray dear brother, together once more at last."

Daniel Falstaff frowns at the news of the man's demise. "Why would... the kidnappers murder two innocent bishops? Sure, the canonist church can be rude on the off-chance, especially to the homeless- but..."

Holy Sir Santiago looks at the sky with tears in his eyes, holding regret for letting his brother venture off to find the murderers. He would enter a nearby church, and begin to mutter a prayer. 

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_

-o5x-HKenZGKwD49r6_brhjKXdBNuUfHCC7guCjOTIkhI3ZK5tbncTvbPs1DKpxB3SgetTXsdr76kI4J3SiY3BW_D2BSbvgC9Ug-yF2cmv3gcWOHbbS34ZEw6JOcmT3awEWjMk1Z

After having been presented, at the Monastery of Saint Robert, it's finished architectural plans, Jude II found himself in quiet thought. Still somewhat pained by the scar upon his already terribly burnt hand, the tired gaze of the aging Pontiff was particularly drawn to that injury, much to the confusion of those attendants around him. Suddenly, Jude's lips parted, "Shall we pray?" Hesitantly, the Priests and Monks which surrounded his chair nodded, bowing their heads along with the sexagenarian. 

"Oh Almighty God, King of Kings, Lord of Lords." he began. Much like he had done for Bishop Hernando, he too did for Father Alfonso, "I do beseech You, as Your most devoted Vicar, to behold my beloved brother, Father Alfonso, eternal peace." There he paused, "--Why--... Leave me.. please." he asked, to which those around him once more hesitated, "Leave." came in a more stern tone from the Holy Father, a command they heeded, departing to the other room. A long sigh would escape the Pontiff, "Why... must he be taken, Father?... Why not I?"

Jude then arose with struggle and, keeping pressure off his feet, took hold of candle and then matches, lighting it at the table near his chair as he had become rather accustomed the past days. To his friend and for that friend's sacrifice, he dedicated that candle with guilt, "May he be granted eternal peace, Lord. Surely, he is deserving of that..."

xZNY1t92XTaKNxkRqCaDCXp7hYJXZRqL8T8LJv4LUYxyldlQ4GlxIfX0X-6J6tVLf32aCIjkm5Ri3IVR4hn6hw1l45NZba77NWrCnhK8fT00VhzH0SdNSi9_RERmO2LEMSJo3qf_