THE GREAT STRIFE of 366 ES

rSbcFyiaLlM_3iHtHa4XFkTelmMXdptqZTJHgeEe2homRh_c2K6KbW1cq-D7QBIfxLkWwunziJp4B3QhQAEneHCxtWegKwFv-lQM4hI4-CTB6k4hDgYkCzZfutobKfTbHHM-40e6

The Great Strife of 366 ES

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK,

In recent months, there has been great strife within our beloved Kongzem of Hanseti-Ruska causing some to seek out comfort abroad or others to find solace in vigilantism. The peace of our subjects has been disturbed, and their minds frayed with worry that the law no longer serves them. This addressal aims to ask for a reconsidering of recent affairs and hold faith that this Kongzem is a place of safety for its subjects.

The Kongzem has become wracked with arsonists, possessions, trolls, famine and other malign forces that have undermined our strength and unity. Any decent man may think about their family and lock themselves up, but it is in times of fear and uncertainty that a man defines himself; it is in times of peril that they prove themselves strong, that they prove themselves brave, that they prove themselves Haeseni.

The Kongzem and Aulic Government failed to ensure that justice was properly done, thoroughly and carefully as it should be. Those sworn to render wise counsel fell silent, and those sworn to uphold fairness erred, and so it is only with the willingness and want to do better that we move forward as a nation. It is in light of this that the Crown does duly swear to ensure that the law shall work for all, that any who fall accused shall have their right to be heard before a Jovenaar vindicated.

Those of magical talent who have begun to fear they may also be labelled as ‘dark mages’ need not fear: you are welcome here, now and always. The Crown seeks not the arbitrary persecution of mages, but only justice against those who ply their power malevolently, like the malicious spirit who plagued our own Koeng in an attempt to manipulate him. 

To display my good will to become a divine vassal of Godanis holy will, I have decided that I will not wear shoes, fine robes, eat fine foods or drink alcohol and any other form of luxury, for an entirety of one year. I will allow myself to be cleansed of the remaining taint the Ibless spawn creature has left on my soul, while I continue to lead you, as your Koeng and Leader. I ask You, to pray for me and for the entirety of the Kongzem, so my soul may be cleansed and purified like Horens in the Grotto of Gamesh . 

We pray that St Henry Otto of Alban guides our nation into a new time of ensuring that justice is dispensed fairly, and that all shall have their day in court.

IV JOVEO MAAN,

His Royal Majesty, Henrik II, by the Grace of Godan, King of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Ulgaard, Lahy, Sorbesborg and Slesvik, Duke of Carnatia and Vidaus, Margrave of  Korstadt and Rothswald, Count of Chatnik, Nenzing, Graiswald, Karikhov, Baranya, Kvasz, Kavat, Karovia, Kovachgrad, Torun, Turov, Kaunas, Alban, Reza and Markev, Viscount of Grauspin, Baron of Thurant, Rytsburg, Venzia, Essenstadt, Krepost and Kralta, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector of the Highlanders, etcetera

Edited by Kingdom of Haense

Katerina Ceciliya read the missive in the office of her friend and sister-in-law. A soft sigh escaping her lips after she finished, looking to her friends.

"Let's hope that this time it will be better..."

Tanith, the magical curator of the NGS museum in Haense, finds the flyer delivered to her desk in the Archival Wing. She breathes a sigh of relief, thankful for the news. 

"Now if we can just take care of that Matthieu person, all should be well," she says cheerfully before filing the letter away.

Margaux Helvets released a slow sigh, she casted her gaze toward one of the tall windows of the tea room in Cheval Hall.  She wasn't sure how she ought to take this news, this promise of order within Hanseti-Ruska that would ensure everyone's safety.  Such a promise was made before, she thought to herself as she watched the swallows outside twirl in the air.  When the laws of the Kingdom were first drafted, a promise was made to protect everyone and it was broken.  I cannot trust these words if no actions of amendments will be made, especially to the family that suffered most from this injustice; I fear that only such a thing can be what restores the honor and integrity of the Haeseni Crown, for I cannot trust a word that was once so easily forgone.

30 minutes ago, Kingdom of Haense said:

Those sworn to render wise counsel fell silent, and those sworn to uphold fairness erred, and so it is only with the willingness and want to do better that we move forward as a nation.

"Why of course it was the council's fault that the Koeng killed his relative." nodded some Reinmaren

"A fine penance. A king who teaches himself humility is a wise king indeed." remarks Ailred, blissfully unaware of the goings-on the missive describes.

Having seen the Koeng admire its handiwork, that fiendish presence did bark out in laughter, the sound akin to a murder of cawing crows feasting on the carrion of that which had long since died. Harkening to its decree the month prior, then, did its voice resound henceforth;

"OnE yEaR! oNe YeAr!"