A Bear's Final Slumber [PK]

Drew2_dude

Ser Robert Vyronov laughs seeing Sigmar arrive in the seven skies.

"Well...well.. well.."

Annaliese Baruch-Kortrevich welcomes her father into the Seven Skies with open arms. She had always been his favorite, and he hers. “Welcome home, Papej. It’s been too long. It’s time to rest.”

Ser Nikolaus Kortrevich sat idly as he reminisced of an eventful tournament held at the Principality of Rubern oh so many years ago, he recalled loosely of his young Baruch nephew loudly conversing with King Andrew III with a lager in hand. As such, he recalled of the many moments he himself stood in silent protest to the boisterous young Count, despite his many trying efforts to open-up the reserved Paramount. In doing so, the then former Duke of Valwyck ascended to the seven skies that flew above, Nikolaus offered a warm embrace as his many friends the likes of; Terrence, Erich, Henrik, Konrad and Karl stood awaiting their turn to welcome their friend. “One-hundred a four years old, my oh my. I can’t say I’m at all surprised nephew, you were one who placed a distinct emphasis on keeping active even as you grew into your senior years. Come on, then. There’s no reason to look back now, for your kin will look after your House and your fellow compatriots will look after the Kingdom you’ve left behind.”

Somewhere sitting by his lonesome, Sigmar’s far-more attractive twin brother, Eirik Baruch sat as he waited for his stubborn brother to join him and his family. “Ah though’t ye would’ve been more s’tubborn and wait’ed anothah year ohr two to call it quit's.” he’d offer a hearty chuckle before scurrying off as he noticed his god forsaken wife Marjorie walk on over to greet her brother-in-law, Sigmar.

Sir Viktor Kortrevich tended to the vineyards of Krusev before making his annual travel to Valwyck where he would suddenly hear of his father-in-law’s passing. An overwhelmingly deep sense of melancholy overcame him before he himself took a moment to recall his own wedding day now over fifty-years ago, he remembered the few words that his father-in-law uttered to him as he finished walking his daughter, Marya down the aisle. Despite such utterances being consistent of just a few words, he heeded them throughout his entire life; from the time he married, to the time the Golden Crow Chronicles began publication and into his life of politics and later journalism. In doing so, Viktor looked to an aging Matyas, the grandson of Sigmar and simply stated; “By Mountain, River and Coal.”

"And when we needed him the most, he vanished..." Igor said, referencing the current situation on the attempted assassination of His Majesty "Truly, a man of great service and a man I wished to meat as Speaker to former Speaker. A missed opportunity, but may he rest well in the skies..."

Somewhere in the Seven Skies where Ser Ivan had finally ascended to, he greets his uncle with a simple nod "I know I wasn't the perfect man throughout my life, though I eventually became the man I was due to your teachings. No man has done more than you have. No man... I thank you, uncle."

In the depths of the void, Erik looked up and smiled a bit, despite his eternal damnation "You've done your House proud, despite niet being raised by any parents... May you rest in peace nephew"

Matyas Baruch played his bagpipes alone on Lake Voron after the passing of his grandfather. The moment of tranquility and genuineness wouldn't last, however, as later that night he'd break out into one of those mad fits, saying something about Scyflings over and over, and not recognizing his close family. Perhaps it was his way to mourn.