An Unassuming Fardel - To Kallian Syrivir

Covey

Left upon the doorstep of the Syrivir residence in Talon’s Port was an unexpected delivery. As if it had witnessed many passing storms and countless drops upon the ground, a yellowed, battered envelope sat atop a poorly-wrapped parcel. The sickly gray parchment that concealed the delivery was equally damaged; however, it could merely result from poor wrapping abilities on behalf of the sender. Atop the package poked a singular, frayed note reading 'Kallian Syrivir'.

Kallian,

I may only express words of apology, given recent happenings. There is no need for details. You know what happened, as do I. This gift is not a personal attempt at seeking a return to normalcy, nor the previous brotherhood we once held. I understand any ill feelings held in my regard. They are justified. I would not discourage you from letting them go so quickly. 

I may only hope that you may come to understand in time.

Should you wish to speak further, do not hesitate to write. You know where to find me.

Sincerely,

An old friend

Enclosed within the accompanying package was a small amulet. It was wrought with fine silver and absent of blemishes or scars upon its polished surface. A grand spiraling crescent composes a majority of the charm’s shape. Ornate, unnamed runes contrive much of the detailing upon the keepsake— excluding its most defining quality. A peculiar stone sat within the center of the trinket, which occasionally pulsed with dim light. 

Smii Amulet Pendant antique Solar Cult | Etsy

What an odd gift.

Spoiler

If you aren't @NLThomas, don't metagame. If you are NLThomas, please metagame.

Kallian Syrivir makes his way home after a long day of traveling.  A home he had not visited much over the years, windows broken and wood rotten. Yet he still visited it so now and then. The Syrivir stumbled upon the parchment at his front door, he slightly raised a brow upon seeing it was indeed for him. The elf leans down on one knee to pick it up before heading into the house while opening the parchment and slowly starting to read over it. Slowly but surely he starts to realise from who it was and his eyebrow furrows as his lips curl down into a frown. Kallian's eyes flicker a dark shade of blue for a moment, tempted to burn it all down right there and then but... he stops himself, taking in a deep breath of air and reading the rest of the letter. 

After finishing up the letter, Kallian eyes trail off towards the odd amulet. Slowly taking it into his palm and looking over it with a raised brow, inspecting it a bit before putting it into his pocket. Going for a walk around Talon's after, humming a soft tune to himself to consider the options.

Spoiler

Oh boy, here I go do some meta gaming. !_!