The Second Son [PK]

hippo

Charlotte Baruch sits at the docks of  Valstadt, fishing for dinner with a pipe in her mouth when a familiar face appears coming down the dock. She turns to him "My love, you made it. Come join me. Gotta light?"

Edited by Maevlin

Katerina Ceciliya had tried to rush to his side, but she could already see the turnout when she spotted how much blood he had lost already. Doing her best to hurry with treatment, but as she was ready to start it was already too late. To little time, too much treatment needed. Time, such a cruel yet beautiful thing. She hoped she would not meet the same fate as he; alone whilst in pain and laying on the cold ground. She then closed his eyes and stated the words

"It is too late, he is gone..."

Sofiya Baruch welcomes her second eldest son into the seven skies with saddened look upon his visage, "You did well, Matyas." She'd mutter to him as he beckoned him to join his father, sister, and the rest of their family.

Fionn Castaway would think of the few times he and Matyas had messing around in Duma. Though it was only once or twice, he couldn't help but smile at the short memories. He'd place the brand used for Alric's branding back in the barracks as he thought of the state of his body when he passed it, filled with stab wounds, pulling out his carrion flask shortly after and pouring one out.

Sigmar Baruch would find his grandson in the seven skies. "wha', ye could niet live withou' me eh?" he'd let out a chuckle. "Well, nie' goin' back now lad, ye were nie' me, but reckon ye did a fine job leadin' the family." He would pat Matyas on the back. "Well, pick up a pint 'n grab a seat, we're sharin' stories o' the olden days." he'd smile, turning back to the bonfire, a crowd was gathered around a man, engrossed in his tale of a war from long ago, the merry group laughed and laughed as time ticked by around them.

Kamila Baruch, one of three children that struggled on despite their father’s abuse and mother’s agony. One of two, really. The woman, too, had been crazed for nearly a decade, since the death of their eldest sister. She mourned the loss of the only brother she had recognized since she was a child, soon falling into a fitful sleep under the stars- one full of frightful memories of yelling and crashing.

Lina Baruch mourned the loss of her uncle alongside her siblings and cousins. The pack of Baruch children felt the ache of this loss, despite Matyas’s faults. He was the only man they had ever seen lead their family, after all.

His Grace, the rightful former Duke of Valwyck, Eirik Baruch stood by with a cotton tail pinned to his behind as Matyas made his ultimate arrival to the puffy clouds! "Eja laddie, come wit'h me, yer tramp of ah mothe'r has bee'n waitin'g for ya!"

Otto Baruch, Matyas' second son concluded his laps around Valywck with a particular shovel grasped in his hands which he used to walk "Ah! Old hog finally squealed! Was bout time this world got revenge on him. Old man didn' like the lass ah' brough' home, didn' give me his duchy..-" the young man choked, taking a moment to glance to the gray sky above ".. and he didn' even take me whaling once, tha's where it all wen' wrong- tha's when the work started to flood him. Worked his life off for the Kongzem bu' in the end the Kongzem killed him."

He waited until all was quiet and dark in Lichtestadt, avoiding the members of his family the entire day while he took the time to mourn the death of his father. Bagpipes in hand, he solemnly marched towards a nearby hill to say his final words. "Matyas Baruch - Mah papej. Ye' had some problems fer' sure, but Ah' think ye' were jus' doin' yer' best. T' be murdered by a craven in cold blood was nie way t' go."  He sighed, turning to lift up his bagpipes. "Ah'll do my best, papej. Ah'll miss ye', but Ah'm sure ye' an' mamej are happy t' be together once again."  He took in a deep breath, blowing into the mouthpiece of the bagpipes for a few moments. With his final goodbye said, he began returning home to his family.