Veritas First Archery Competition

CherryBoy

VERITAS

THE FIRST COMPETITION OF ARCHERY —

237KjbqAj5K48OLpD1nFFq5ZlWEMFUwbnK_44taIC6egFXOMrRwZz0dQnWj9ccqP1uf20fjWJFf2Cm6cbEvGOT7Z503-mcCiPfmyNGtzSqcWx69JrscY3e0kSy7w-3LqKOMzNNiy

"The archer is the true weapon; the bow is only a long piece of wood."

OVERVIEW

Since its inception, archery has been a favored tool of the hunter and warrior alike. To oppose an enemy from afar ensures the opposer’s preserved state of safety . Though it is often referred to as a coward’s trade by those with shaky hands, it takes a true talent to wield a stringed weapon, because a true marksman would hit its mark each time.

Prove your talents among marksmen alike in the upcoming tournament of arms in Veritas.

THE RULES

- Contestants are to bring their own weaponry, either crossbow or a traditional bow, whichever suits them.

- Contestants will take turns on the marks, approximately 50 feet from target, shooting three arrows per turn.

- Contestants should not shoot their bows prematurely, rather upon command of the facilitator.

- Contestants are to retrieve their own arrows as a courtesy to the next marksman.

- In the case of a tie, there should be additional rounds for those who tied until a winner can be decided. 

Spoiler

[This is a roll-based event.]

[1] MISS / OUTER EDGES FOR (0) POINTS

[2 - 5] OUTER RING FOR (5) POINTS

[6 - 13] INNER RING FOR (10) POINTS

[14 - 18] EDGE OF BULLSEYE (15) POINTS

[19 - 20] BULLSEYE FOR (25) POINTS

FIRST TO (100) POINTS WINS.

THE SPOILS

A handful of spoils should be set aside and allotted to the winner and those runner-ups of the competition, including a prize pool of mina and a special item for the winner.

1st : 25 MINA & A HANDCRAFTED BOW

2nd : 15 MINA

3rd : 10 MINA

[OOC]

Tuesday, 4/6/21 @ 7PM EST

Spoiler

Shouts out @Goon for helping with the formatting and such for my first ever post :)

Kallian Syrivir reads over the paper and hums a bit to himself before sending a letter "I up the first price with 50. Love me some entertainment. -a old friend" The mage writes back before carrying on with his day

"May be best to keep bandages on hand," a certain 'fennic woman remarked, "Much more risk here than tavern darts...

:)

Edited by Apollonous
**** I tried to quote kallian but now I cant delete my message help