A Deputy Mayor's Upgrade

-x-

image.thumb.png.a1486a50fce70d265a86c75e07ff7a46.png

[A painting of the HOC park]

-

The current Deputy Mayor- Anna Henrietta- has decided to throw her hat in the ring. The well accomplished Governess stepping up to the platform as an empowering and hardworking lady of the Empire.

Accomplishments:

• First woman to ever run the Imperial Household in Orenian history- setting a precedent for ladies all over Providence.
  • Hired an all female management staff for the Augustine.
  • Was Deputy Mayor under the successful Alphonse Slyvester
  • Ran the largest city wide event- encompassing local vendors.
  • Warded under the current Emperor and his wife since she was five.
  • Helped raised funds through auctions for the city.
  • Works for the Foreign Affairs department and the Home Office.
  • Designed the layout of the HOC park.
  • Helped supply the Home Office to improve the look of the city and add more greenery.
  • Encouraged integration of the common wealth into high society by providing jobs in the Palace.
  • Mother of seven lovely children.

Goals as Mayor:

• Host more events for the city that are directed to the Common Wealth.
  • Work on furnishing the empty houses on the out skirts of the city.
  • Be a voice for the unheard.
  • Host more town hall meetings so that concerns can be voiced.
  • Solve the issue with the peasant riots.
  • Re establish the poor house.

Issued by

Your friend, Anna Henrietta of Provins

Emerentia reads the missive with a nod for her friend though frowns. "I see greatness for this woman as a Governess. But I cannot see her as a Mayor who is supposed to represent the lower class." She'd say with a frown as while the list outlined her accomplishments it as outlined how Anna Henrietta was raised with a silver spoon in her mouth.

"Providence should elect Anna as it's mayor, Providence needs a woman in charge." Vivaca Rutledge says, smiling.

6 minutes ago, DahStalker said:

Emerentia reads the missive with a nod for her friend though frowns. "I see greatness for this woman as a Governess. But I cannot see her as a Mayor who is supposed to represent the lower class." She'd say with a frown as while the list outlined her accomplishments it as outlined how Anna Henrietta was raised with a silver spoon in her mouth.

Natalia snatched the missive from her sister's hands, her eyes lofting over the parchment as a frown quickly followed "You know  how much I care for Anna" she paused, thinking of a certain girl's night momentarily before continuing "But I must agree - how will she speak for the unheard if she herself is not listening to them in the first place."

Natalia promptly returned the missive to Emerentia's hands, opting now for brandy as she paced the room to finish her thoughts "I wish her the best, truly, but I do not see that best including a mayoral position.

City Planner Virgil DeNurem supports Anna! He pins a badge of support on his 4th brigade armor.

Leopold would look upon the missive, a small smile forming, "I support Anna," he'd say, going to pocket the missive.

The Honorable, Otis de Rosius pouted his lips upon reading yet another campaign for office. After giving it a quick read he sighed, muttering "I do not doubt my capabilities but this will truly be a tough race." With a click of his tongue, Otis set the paper down and took a sip of his coffee. 

Henry peers at the missive, only to exclaim one of his Uncle's slogans "Vote for Varon!"

"My mother does trust Her Excellency's judgement very much. Golly, she would be fantastic," hummed the Dame-Equester Helena of Susa whilst skimming over the missive. 

Maisie d'Arkent read over her Aunt's notice "She is quite accomplished, but she is too high class to be a major." the women would mutter "She makes a much better deputy mayor."

"Seven children?" Asked Anne Caroline her husband before she threw the missive into the fire.

"Seven children?" Asked Anne Caroline her husband before she threw the missive into the fire.

"She might very well win," Princess Charlotte Augusta would remark to her father, "But if she does, she must choose between governing the palace and governing the city. To hold both, I imagine, would not win her the love of the citizens," She'd nod, pooling over her own assortment of plans all noted upon spread-out parchments. She plucked one up with a small grin.

Ensign Halcourt posts a flyer on the front door of the Halcourt family home in support