Equal Footing

Aengoth

Let's not forget the fact that raid caps in the server's current state is a stupid idea in of itself. If the ISA can rally 24 people with ease then raiders can rally 24 people in turn. This entire push to shove rule lawerying, hugboxing and sociopathic manipulation of the rules must come to an end. We're here to have fun, if you can't take PVP or conflict for that matter then go play on a towny server. 

Edited by drfate786

Why wasn't the whole thing locked the moment roleplay combat began? After an hour of stalling, only ~3 of the original defenders were still around; the rest had either d40d, mechanically ran away after one emote, or teleported away with incredibly poor roleplay quality. The attackers ended up fighting a +15 man rally that gathered without any prior roleplay.

3 minutes ago, Poor_Fellow said:

Why wasn't the whole thing locked the moment roleplay combat began? After an hour of stalling, only ~3 of the original defenders were still around; the rest had either d40d, mechanically ran away after one emote, or teleported away with incredibly poor roleplay quality. The attackers ended up fighting a +15 man rally that gathered without any prior roleplay.

This entire push to shove rule lawerying, hugboxing and sociopathic manipulation of the rules must come to an end.

47 minutes ago, Aengoth said:

oUucZwN.png

What a ridiculous thing to emote. How do you type that and not think you've fucked up?

If you thought you were in the right you'd have to care at all about the quality of the role-play and if you were in the wrong you'd want to be subtle. I'm somehow not offended by the PEX abuse, just the sheer stupidity of it. 

If any moderators would like any evidence on what Aengoth is claiming, message me at aiden0023#5853 on discord, I had recorded the entire conflict. Most of the ferrymen had too, so there is plenty of evidence on this subject.

6 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

if you somehow find yourself emoting "a mist falls over (character) to teleport them away" you have fucked up, bottomed out on absurdity, and need to reevaluate how you play this server

You see, sooner or later we'll need permission to simply step into providence or it'll count as raid baiting and harassment.

From my experience as a bandit and conflict roleplayer, this has been a consistent problem. There is also an inconsistency on how certain mods approach different situations. I want to thank @MayRndzfor being a great mod who has upheld every party to the same standard and regard, with no bias. Too frequently have mods been to lax on defending parties when it comes to blatant meta rallying after pvp lock has been initiated (once conflict starts) or allowing people to leave the roleplay with little to no roleplay to give them a valid reason to leave. I’m not going to put all the blame on mods, it also comes from an attitude held by many communities that “bandits and goons” are just toxic and a plague to the server. Conflict drives RP and we are always willing to compromise and usually are not the ones starting arguments. We are just here to experience the server in an approach we deem fun. 

22 minutes ago, Aengoth said:

D40 to avoid conflict (which is a suicide)

I'm aware that you have no wish to bring anyone up necessarily - but I find that the rule concerning using the D40 command should be applied to offending players. Whether they were aware of this rule does not matter, as ignorance is no excuse - all are expected to be familiar with LoTC rules.

Could it be possible for you, or someone else to clarify the situation in more details for those unaware of the context surrounding this event ?  

5 minutes ago, Jentos said:

I'm aware that you have no wish to bring anyone up necessarily - but I find that the rule concerning using the D40 command should be applied to offending players. Whether they were aware of this rule does not matter, as ignorance is no excuse - all are expected to be familiar with LoTC rules.

Could it be possible for you, or someone else to clarify the situation in more details for those unaware of the context surrounding this event ?  

I told them in VC to report rule breakers, rule lawyers and anyone being a genuine sociopath/shill but it would seem that it's better to "bully them off the server" instead of making a report for moderation. 

1 minute ago, DrakeHaze. said:

Question: Why not post a ban report?

Seems less productive since the core of the issue is that GMs are present and allowing this to occur. Less worried about people being banned and more about preventing these things from happening in the future.

Free B[eboon]obby Shmurda.

image.thumb.png.563b447ca225d17a710232094b7ec88d.png

how unfortunate

as was brought to me i'll be working on and dealing with the teleportation and breaking of magic rules and redlines.