REFUSAL OF HAELUN'ORIAN WEREGILD RENEGOTIATION

_pr0fit

MRMJihVHOlu8ySTI7FbEt8fxdAnznrp-Cz0WMBB6M2okCx0raKKAz7QUVBdIrvt65_mOEN5Y8JflNE9JnejWVjNmhMwpxYKWVhf5bWReeWaoIMfSbHJ3KZbJGhmdc7Dvc_U6eNEq

Edict from the Office of the Master of Coin

REFUSAL OF HAELUN'ORIAN WEREGILD RENEGOTIATION
Issued 3rd of the amber cold, year 19 of the second age

Contents
I. REFUSAL OF  WEREGILD RENEGOTIATION
II. CHARGES 
III. DEMANDS

ARTICLE I: REFUSAL OF WEREGILD RENEGOTIATION

As Master of Coin of the Kingdom of Norland and Chieftain of Clan Freysson, I formally deny the renegotiation of weregild, and furthermore, consider the offer of two hundred and fifty (250) mina to be an insult to the Kingdom of Norland. The issuance of weregild is meant to be a method to recuperate the respect and honor stolen by another nation or entity, and that precedent has been set at five hundred (500) mina per infraction of law over multiple issuances, including another member state of the Iron Accord, Haelun’or will not be an exception just because of the rising tensions between the Kingdoms of Norland and Oren. Honor has been stolen, and it must be repaid, either with gold or with blood. The Silver State of Haelun’or has Three (3) Fathers days to repay the weregild in full or submit a reasonable plan of payment before matters will escalate.

ARTICLE II: CHARGES

The charges are as follows:

I. Six counts of trespassing
II. Six counts of disturbance of the peace
III. Six counts of ignoring a direct order from the High Keeper
IV. Six counts of breach of the Iron Accord

ARTICLE III: DEMANDS

The demands are as follows:

I. Five hundred (500) mina per count of trespassing, totaling three thousand (3,000) mina
II. Five hundred (500) mina per count of disturbance of the peace, totaling three thousand (3,000) mina
III. Five hundred (500) mina per count of ignoring a direct order from the High Keeper, totaling three thousand (3,000) mina
IV. Five hundred (500) mina per count of breach of the Iron Accord, totaling three thousand (3,000) mina
V. A written public apology to the people of the Kingdom of Norland, King Halvar Edvardsson Ruric, High Keeper Alisa Camian

Vane Freysson, Chieftain of Clan Freysson, Master of Coin, CEO of Vykkco
_B2Go9qhF0Os2MkkPFimheZB1X0qkdO7oHXRrC3POfryxfVJEON_535Wgw4FJJQXiZwd9SVRy6ZzXh1V6mWRYBApDiu_O5ZofeeXSoMGvMfOzV7_6oIZHyxh_IV1Kfjq1JfIIdzF

"It seems they are really getting desperate for their funds." remarked Basil Moroul.

"Nice job Haelun'or! After losing all fairness in a republic! You now pissed off a warmongering nation of warriors, you guys need a medal for making a huge mistake!" Alyssa commented with a wide grin, letting out a wide laugh before going back to washing her clothing near the salty waters of Sutica. As the 'aheral washed her clothing-she would then sigh, her expression showed sadness and sorrow as she would then comment "My home really went downhill, maybe it was always corrupt from the start."

3 minutes ago, Basil Moroul said:

"It seems they are really getting desperate for their funds." remarked Basil Moroul.

Vane sits in his office looking over spreadsheets and expense reports, wondering how the poor impoverished people of Oren live their lives compared to the rich Norlanders "By the Father, it sure is good to live in the wealthiest country in the world."

Athri wheezed, laughter escaping her. "Oh- damn this sh*t's funny to read. And I don't even care about this." The elf continued to snicker about this as she went on about her day.

Arthas Edvardsson-Ruric pours his eyes over the missive, taking in its contents for a moment before formulating his opinion on the matter. He reads over it again, ignoring the countless grammatical errors, "Haelun'or has been a minor signatory of the Iron Accord for about a Father's month now and they're already violating the articles of the alliance? If this were up to me, I would be calling a vote to kick out the Silver State already." he would say to himself as he ponders sending a bird.

Vito would sigh hearing that relations between Oren and Norland once again, escalated. 

Lunah begins her morning sipping at some freshly made apple juice as she looks over the morning missive making the rounds in Elysium. As she read over the proclimation she spat out her juice in surprise. "I was not expecting that." she hummed grabbing a cloth to clean up her mess. "Wonder how this will end."

Evar'tir Oranor does the math on his fingers, borrowing two of Cullas' @Kaiser to complete the count. "That's rough." He decides.

Lucien would look fairly confused at the document "I may be a foken drunkard, but last I checked Ancelie be the Master of Keys by my admission. Yer a treasurer, teh fok did they put in yer ale"

2 minutes ago, Bhased said:

Evar'tir Oranor does the math on his fingers, borrowing two of Cullas' @Kaiser to complete the count. "That's rough." He decides.

Cullas has his fingers taken as he holds the paper in his other hand "Yikes" he says

From atop the red walls of Karosgrad, Ser Aleksandr Barbanov sighed as the brisk wind tossed his hair and stirred his cloak.

He watched as H.R.A soldiers, their faces pale and sooty, their uniforms torn and bloodied, trudge back through the gates after their brutal clash with the Rimetrolls at Reinmar. His eyes fell on a stretcher carrying the body of Ser Brandt Barclay, but it quickly disappeared from his view beneath the gate.

First Rimetrolls, the silent Knight thought grimly, now fighting within the Iron Accord. He had only met a High Elf a few times in his life; he suppose he might come to know their people much more if Haense was called to fight alongside them in the coming weeks.

He did not pray much anymore, but he certainly prayed it did not come to that.

1 minute ago, nickrocky213 said:

Lucien would look fairly confused at the document "I may be a foken drunkard, but last I checked Ancelie be the Master of Keys by my admission. Yer a treasurer, teh fok did they put in yer ale"

"You best check again there friend Sylvia is the master of Keys, but this isn't a matter of checking people into houses, it be a matter of weregild, which falls under my office."

The High Keeper, who had been in charge of the diplomatic delegation an Elven Day prior, threw up her hands in abject frustration and locked herself in her office for the rest of the day.

Karl Demetrius sat down by the river in Southbridge, his fishing line cast out as he felt a tug. He'd quickly reel it back to reveal his small catch "I did it! Mister Maliman, look look!" he'd excitedly show the fish to his mentor Amthalion @BobBox. Looking over his shoulder, he'd spot his father laughing as he read a missive. The rotund Karl waddled over as he read this missive out loud.

After a pause, he'd look to Maliman with a frown. "This alliance is rather silly, isn't it?"

Edited by grnappa